The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    chancy deal is offline Training Level
    Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by GotGait View Post
    Hi liar! I reported you.
    Have a fantastic day.
    HAHAHA!!! I really dont care. You're all a select "few" of COTH bullies who attack anyone who doesnt think in-line with you're way of thinking. My opening thread asked for opinions & instead I was attacked by a bunch of pro-slaughter wolves. Report me?? ....typical behavior of a bully. Bullies can dish it out but they cant take it.
    Someone attacked me by the # of posts ive had on COTH and suggested I had no business saying anything. Well, by the # of posts some of you have... I would say you need to get a life!! Apparently you think your own wisdom & great knowledge so surpasses anyone elses, you must be on COTH endlessly to share it with everyone. Go outside & breathe some fresh air. it would be good for ya.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by skykingismybaby1 View Post
    What is stunning to me and not to the OP is that the COTH responses are in univeral agreement. A rarely seen confluence of opinions that the OP just cannot see. The earth should implode any minute now.
    So what your saying is.... this happened

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-10cTLaK64C...0/pigs-fly.jpg
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsmom View Post
    My condolences on the loss of your horse. And thank you for handling her euthanasia responsibly.
    Thank you, jetsmom.

Is anyone else thinking that OP is about 12 and just now heard about slaughter, watched videos, and spent waaaaaaayyy too much time on the PETA website?
    dons tin foil hat, complete with a REAL horn from a REAL unicorn

Also, OP, most of us are not "pro slaughter", just pro responsibility and realistic.
    Last edited by zafirah; Feb. 12, 2013 at 02:07 PM. Reason: 1+1 = potato

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by chancy deal View Post
    HAHAHA!!! I really dont care. You're all a select "few" of COTH bullies who attack anyone who doesnt think in-line with you're way of thinking. My opening thread asked for opinions & instead I was attacked by a bunch of pro-slaughter wolves. Report me?? ....typical behavior of a bully. Bullies can dish it out but they cant take it.
    Someone attacked me by the # of posts ive had on COTH and suggested I had no business saying anything. Well, by the # of posts some of you have... I would say you need to get a life!! Apparently you think your own wisdom & great knowledge so surpasses anyone elses, you must be on COTH endlessly to share it with everyone. Go outside & breathe some fresh air. it would be good for ya.
    And this thread has now officially "jumped the shark"

Done, -- hysteria is no longer amusing, we are all bullies and lie lie lie...facts dont matter, emotions rule and...and...and...."you are a meanie"
    Last edited by skykingismybaby1; Feb. 12, 2013 at 02:09 PM. Reason: spelling

Obviously you do care. Who is wasting time on the internet posting long whiny rants? That would be you.
    You are what you dare.

4 members found this post helpful.

Oh dear ranty pumpkin, you still haven't answered whether you eat Jello, wear makeup, chow down on some ice cream, use glue, eat foods with food coloring, nosh on gummy candies..

Well bless her heart

Dear OP: one day you will grow up and, I pray, come to your senses.

--

Maybe.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

How did I miss this lovely trainwreck?

Popcorn, anyone?
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

1 members found this post helpful.

Nobody 'attacked' you, Snookums.

You asked for opinions and unfortunately for you, got ones that didn't dovetail with your view of the world. So instead of maybe actually learning something you decided to throw a tantrum, curse at other posters for telling you the truth, and generally decided to act like a 5 y/o whose ball has been taken away for naughty behavior.
    Last edited by arabhorse2; Feb. 12, 2013 at 03:06 PM.
    The plural of anecdote is not data.

3 members found this post helpful.

FYI OP -- here is the HUMANE SOCIETY of the US (HSUS) list of rendering plants they recommend for use by horse owners.

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals...tml#New_Jersey

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by skykingismybaby1 View Post
    FYI OP -- here is the HUMANE SOCIETY of the US (HSUS) list of rendering plants they recommend for use by horse owners.

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals...tml#New_Jersey

holy moly, so they are not completely useless....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

HAHAHA!!! I really dont care. You're all a select "few" of COTH bullies who attack anyone who doesnt think in-line with you're way of thinking. My opening thread asked for opinions & instead I was attacked by a bunch of pro-slaughter wolves.
    You asked for opinions, but didn't like the opinions that were given.
    You were actually the one who started to insult anyone who didn't have an issue with the use of horsehide.
    You were not attacked.

People tried to explain to you that horsehide in the US comes mainly from rendering plants. That didn't seem to fit into your argument, so you then made up a "fact" to support your side of the discussion.

The bulk of what goes into a rendering plant comes straight from the slaughter house. Rendering plant/slaughter plant... same thing. Little is supplied from owners who couldnt afford to dig a hole.
    It was then again explained to you that this was incorrect, still without an attack. You then made up the "I called them and asked" post. Some of us already knew (not guessed) where horsehide comes from. And some of us already knew where US Galco gets theirs also, since they're at most of the gun shows some of us attend. So some of us already knew that the new "fact" you posted was incorrect. Not to mention it doesn't make sense to pay so much extra for hides that require importing and the fees attached, not to mention the transport/shipping in. And FWIW, horses slaughtered aren't skinned in a manner for fine tanning. They are, like cows, strip-skinned. The required layer of underlying fat isn't left on and the skin is not removed the correct cut for fine tanning. Fine tanning is the process Horweens and other fine tanners use to produce specific products.

So no, the hides cannot come from slaughter plants for this products US Galco) purpose.

There isn't any need for the "they told me the truth and lied to you" comments because not only does that make sense only to some high schoolers, I already know the Galco company, their products, a few of their reps and where they obtain horsehide. Not to mention lobbying means you know where all equine-based products are made because you kind of have to know.

PLease reconsider the hysterics, insults and language. This is a fantastic spot to learn a whole lot about the equine industry and as a young person who may become involved in it, this is a decent opportunity to expand your knowledge.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

12 members found this post helpful.

Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Mistyblue, have I told you recently how much I love you? You totally rock!

Now stop with all those silly facts. Who wants to deal with facts when emotions are so much more fun?

How many horses have you kept from the slaughter pipeline, DC? In other words, how many have you taken into your barn, retrained, and found good new homes for? It might interest you to know that many of the posters who have replied to you have done their share, and more. The difference is that we're grownups. And, that we have sense enough to realize that it doesn't matter to the horse what happens to its hide after it's dead. I also reported you, before I saw that someone else had already done so. Foul insults have no place on this, or any other, forum.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

The bulk of what goes into a rendering plant comes straight from the slaughter house. Rendering plant/slaughter plant... same thing. Little is supplied from owners who couldnt afford to dig a hole.
    This gets so old. When the renderer comes to get your animal ( cow, horse,pigs, sheep, goats, whatever) it is already dead. We need slaughter & rendering plants available for all livestock owners to use . When a horses usefulness here is done why waste what it can provide after it is dead? You guys make no sense.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    How many horses have you kept from the slaughter pipeline, DC? In other words, how many have you taken into your barn, retrained, and found good new homes for? It might interest you to know that many of the posters who have replied to you have done their share, and more. The difference is that we're grownups. And, that we have sense enough to realize that it doesn't matter to the horse what happens to its hide after it's dead. I also reported you, before I saw that someone else had already done so. Foul insults have no place on this, or any other, forum.
    ^ Yeah, what she said. (And, yup, I reported it too )
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

I talked to Galco today. If it came from Chicago then THEY are the liars. So go F yourself, Mistyblue
    Someday you might want to consider taking a class in persuasive writing.
    You obviously need professional help.
    While you're at it, try a class in critical thinking.
    Maybe they'll give you a discount if you try both.
    "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

...just settin' on the Group W bench.

7 members found this post helpful.

Sugar, I sincerely doubt that a single poster on this thread feel threatened or intimidated by your mad debating skillz.
    "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

...just settin' on the Group W bench.

4 members found this post helpful.

Now I'm wondering what the OP would have everyone do with their horses.

Not everyone can bury or afford to pay for cremation. Not everyone will want cremation.

If the bodies can't go to the rendering plant, what happens to them?
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!