The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Catoki

I've scoured the web. Has anybody ever seen a conformation photo of Catoki? Short of a conformation photo, has anybody seen in him in person and could describe him a bit? Most curious about length of back, strength of loin and angulation of hind leg. Or, those with kids... how did he produce in these specific areas? TIA!

http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...mb=4zZ2ZrWfIFj

I would like to know about his temperment and movement
    The rider casts his heart over the fence,
    the horse jumps in pursuit of it.

–Hans-Heinrich Isenbart

Not sure if you've seen this one, but if you go to his site - http://www.ludger-beerbaum.de/beerbaum/index.php?id=71 - and click on Bilder, there is one of him standing. There's way more pictures of him on the German language version of the site.

I'm super interested in what people think about Catoki as I love his jump and would like to know what type of mare they would put to him.

Quote Originally Posted by silver_charm View Post
    Not sure if you've seen this one, but if you go to his site - http://www.ludger-beerbaum.de/beerbaum/index.php?id=71 - and click on Bilder, there is one of him standing. There's way more pictures of him on the German language version of the site. I'm super interested in what people think about Catoki as I love his jump and would like to know what type of mare they would put to him.
    Thanks! Pesky English... that's how I missed it :-). Europa, I don't think that's Catoki as that horse has 4 socks, Catoki only has 3.

Sent you a pm, baywithchrome2.

Quote Originally Posted by raffey1 View Post
    Sent you a pm, baywithchrome2.
    Could you send me one too.

I have been researching on him for the past few months and so far didn't find anything that would make me hesitated to use him In fact I have reserved the last dose of Judy Yancey and want to buy more.

I am very interested with this stallion and I don't understand why he has not been used more. Pro rata he seems to produce more offspring jumping in the 1.50- 1.60m than a lot of great stallions. His stud fee is reasonable and his fertility is high. However he doesn't have that much offspring on the ground looking at Horse Telex. He is known to have a very high fertility so this is certainely not the issue.

His owner suggest to use a bigger mare for him otherwise he gives uniform good looking individual with a beautiful head, nice topline and a well attached and oriented neck. His offspriing seems to move uphill with nice gaits and be talented for jumping.

Has anybody heard bad things about him or had bad experience with his offspring?
    Suzanne
    bloomingtonfarm.com
    Breeder of Royal Dutch Sport Horse

I have bred 3 Catoki's that are full siblings. Two of them are very much like Catoki in size, conformation etc. The 3 yr old filly is more like his dam. This 3 yr old filly is very tall probably 17 hands now. I can't say enough good things regarding Catoki. All of the offspring that I have bred move very good and are intelegant, impressive, well conformed and look very good in the jump shoot so far. I bred 3 because I really liked what I saw him produce. The dam is EM Cela by Contender and is in the AHS Jumper Breeding Program. Here is a video of the 2012 colt at his AHS Inspection. At the end of the video the comments from the judge are included. http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=IozkC...%3DIozkCYCTypY

In the photo they are all by Catoki out of EM Cela. On the left, dark bay Carnival 3 yr old filly, Candid bay 2012 colt, Cobrah bay 4 yr old mare behind and EM Cela dark bay dam of the other 3. I agree that Catoki's semen is of very good quality. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. 👯
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	37588  
    It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on.”
    ? Marilyn Monroe

1 members found this post helpful.

Please PM me too. I just bought 3 doses of his semen from Bluemoon, and am looking forward to my own Catoki someday soon.
    I suspect many of his get do not make it into Horsetelex, as its not a primarily german site. He seems to have quite a few stallion sons.

His oldest offspring is born 2002.
    Out of 185 registered as competition horses in germany, 18 were successful in class S - the highest. This rate of about 10% is quite high comparable.
    He has 23 licensed sons.
    I am not responsible for spelling misstacks - just my PC
    www.hannoveranerzuechter.de
    Filly Londontime - Sandro Hit - Rouletto
    http://youtu.be/1O23BeiKpkY

How is his temperment? Does anyone think he could produce a good hunter type movement?

Was thinking of him maybe for my Escudo II mare.
    The rider casts his heart over the fence,
    the horse jumps in pursuit of it.

–Hans-Heinrich Isenbart

PMs sent to Europa and Six Pound Farm.

Thanks for the videos and pictures! There are definitely some lovely babies out there by Catoki. For those looking for the semen I just heard back from Jens @ Global Equine Sires that he can get it for us for this breeding season for $800/dose. YEAH! One more mare decision done :-).

Quote Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
    His oldest offspring is born 2002.
    Out of 185 registered as competition horses in germany, 18 were successful in class S - the highest. This rate of about 10% is quite high comparable.
    He has 23 licensed sons.
    I know that horse telex is not 100% reliable and not all offspring are there but still is very good compared to other pedigree data. Catoki on comparable is really outstanding. A few weeks ago I did a little 'study' and was very surprised with the result. I just can find my work sheet but it was something like twice as much better result than a great stallion like Darco.

What I did is to count all the offspring of Darco that were born in 2004 or before and see how many did the 1.50 / 1.60 class and did the same with Catoki. Catoki was the winner by far. I think Darco was about 15 To 17% and Catoki over 36%. As you can see on Telex he has a lot of offspring born after 2005 but if he is as good how come we don't hear from him that much and 185 offspring for a stallion of his age is not much to me.

I am waiting to hear something bad about him or to understand how come he is not that popular. Of course Darco had many offspring who where not only jumping at this level but had high profile and were winning big classes but maybe if Catoki had as much offspring there would be some that would also made the headline.
    Suzanne
    bloomingtonfarm.com

Default Possibly because....

Quote Originally Posted by bloomingtonfarm View Post
    I know that horse telex is not 100% reliable and not all offspring are there but still is very good compared to other pedigree data. Catoki on comparable is really outstanding. A few weeks ago I did a little 'study' and was very surprised with the result. I just can find my work sheet but it was something like twice as much better result than a great stallion like Darco.

What I did is to count all the offspring of Darco that were born in 2004 or before and see how many did the 1.50 / 1.60 class and did the same with Catoki. Catoki was the winner by far. I think Darco was about 15 To 17% and Catoki over 36%. As you can see on Telex he has a lot of offspring born after 2005 but if he is as good how come we don't hear from him that much and 185 offspring for a stallion of his age is not much to me.

I am waiting to hear something bad about him or to understand how come he is not that popular. Of course Darco had many offspring who where not only jumping at this level but had high profile and were winning big classes but maybe if Catoki had as much offspring there would be some that would also made the headline.
    Our mare is in foal to Catoki and his frozen semen quality was excellent. Our advisors in Germany are thrilled that we used him. They feel he is not as popular as he should be as (a) he has a busy competition schedule which makes access to fresh semen trickier and (b) while his frozen is excellent, they prefer to use fresh whenever possible. He does not have many offspring as noted in this thread which makes it trickier in terms of what type of mare is best for him and the disposition of his offspring. It is also not yet clear what sort of damsire he will be which may be a consideration for breeders.

There are probably some other possibilities but only conjecture.

We are thrilled with the pregnancy and look forward to hearing more about other's foals and youngsters.

Quote Originally Posted by raffey1 View Post
    PMs sent to Europa and Six Pound Farm.
    Please show the video of your filly to all , I think everyone would be interested to see her. Very nice filly by the way.
    Suzanne
    bloomingtonfarm.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdRg8B_iXps

Here is the filly in question
    Suzanne
    bloomingtonfarm.com

There is also a very nice video of Catoki on the Hengststation Beerbaum website, http://www.ludger-beerbaum.de/beerba...MP4/Catoki.mp4

We have a 2013 Catoki foal due out of our Julia du Brio ( Diamant Rouge x Kapoc) that had been imported and successfully competed by Peter Leone and one of his students.This should be quite the upper level prospect for an amateur or the pro and quite sizeable given that Julia is a good 17.3 and the older fashioned type mare. [edit]
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Feb. 6, 2013 at 08:04 PM.
    Sakura Hill Farm
    Now on Facebook

Young and developing horses for A-circuit jumper and hunter rings.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Hill Farm View Post
    We have a 2013 Catoki foal due out of our Julia du Brio ( Diamant Rouge x Kapoc) that had been imported and successfully competed by Peter Leone and one of his students.This should be quite the upper level prospect for an amateur or the pro and quite sizeable given that Julia is a good 17.3 and the older fashioned type mare. We successfully were able to receive duplicate SF papers on Julia after considerable effort and the foal will be registered KWPN and taken to the keuring this year. We are really looking forward to seeing this baby, having been bowled over by Julia's 2012 Contendro I colt C. Holyoke S that our trainer John Brown snapped up as a stallion prospect and upper level jumper for himself. That colt has been registered with SF.
    With all due respect, why do you feel it necessary to turn a thread about a stallion into a thread about your mare, what she's done, and who has her offspring? It's really getting old.
    "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ponygirl View Post
    With all due respect, why do you feel it necessary to turn a thread about a stallion into a thread about your mare, what she's done, and who has her offspring? It's really getting old.
    "would like to know what type of mare they would put to him." silver_charm
    "His owner suggest to use a bigger mare for him" bloomington farm
    "He does not have many offspring as noted in this thread which makes it trickier in terms of what type of mare is best for him and the disposition of his offspring" drkarins

etc., etc

You seem a bit peevish this AM, Jen! Sorry if my wish to contribute to the knowledge base about what kind of mare breeders are considering for Catoki has irritated you further!
    Sakura Hill Farm
    Now on Facebook

Young and developing horses for A-circuit jumper and hunter rings.

6 members found this post helpful.