The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Grammy Awards!

Who's watching? What do you think so far?

I think JT was awesome. And I think Chris Brown needs to be smacked hard. And how fun was Fun.??

ETA: If I hear LL Cool J say "hashtag" one more time I'm going to (hashtag) punch him in the (hashtag) face.
    People call themselves animal lovers, then let their dogs chase the squirrels. You're scaring the shit out of the squirrels, you schmuck!

2 members found this post helpful.

I love The Black Keys and I love "Lonely Boy"....what a cool version with the New Orleans band! These guys freakin' rock.

I could have done without Justin Timberlake and Rihanna. Unfortunately, I've mised most of the other acts tonight. Additionally, I concur with your assessment of Chris Brown.
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

JT was actually quite good. That Black Keys/Dr. John performance was great - and Kelly Clarkson's tribute to Carole King just now was PERFECTION.
    People call themselves animal lovers, then let their dogs chase the squirrels. You're scaring the shit out of the squirrels, you schmuck!

City of delusion in the state of total denial

If I never hear Taylor Swift sing live again, it will be too soon.

Mumford, Maroon 5, Alicia Keys (hate that song, love her voice,) Kelly Clarkson, all great.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

3 members found this post helpful.

I loved Fun., Mumford, and The Black Keys (awesome version of Lonely Boy!). I missed Taylor Swift, but I'm okay with that. JT does absolutely nothing for me, I hate that new song of his. Rhianna is overkill.

Bruno is fun so far. And Sting with him! So cool! The radio version of this song reminds me of the Police in parts so this is perfect perfect perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Renn/aissance View Post

Mumford, Maroon 5, Alicia Keys (hate that song, love her voice,) Kelly Clarkson, all great.
    I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who feels that way about Taylor Swift and that Alicia Keys song. Alicia Keys has a phenomenal voice, but that song does nothing for me, either.

Agree about Kelly Clarkson - that girl just doesn't seem to do a bad song.

I'm not a Bruno Mars fan but I like how he and Sting sound together.
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by see u at x View Post
    I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who feels that way about that Alicia Keys song.
    I'm with you all on that Alicia Keys song. I just don't like it. And Niki Minaj being on it does nothing to help it.

I love how excited the Lumineers look to be at the Grammys. Especially the woman, she looks ready to jump out of her skin. That's awesome

(and to the camera man who keeps panning to Taylor Swift during all of the performances, I don't need to see her dance and sing annoyingly to all the performances)

I appreciate Jack White's jacket. Not necessarily on him- housemate and I agreed earlier that if you are male and you are not a drag queen and you are not Elton John, you should stay away from sequins- I haven't appreciated anything he's done vocals on since Seven Nation Army.

I wish Florence + The Machine were performing. I also wish they'd won for best album, but that category was chock full of good ones.
    - Harry Dresden

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I love how excited the Lumineers look to be at the Grammys. Especially the woman, she looks ready to jump out of her skin. That's awesome

(and to the camera man who keeps panning to Taylor Swift during all of the performances, I don't need to see her dance and sing annoyingly to all the performances)
    Taylor Swift = blech

Love the Lumineers, too...they're adorable. What an exciting night for them.

I like Jack White and think he's ridiculously talented, but I SO want to give him a haircut.

How adorable are the Lumineers going to be if they win?

ETA called that one and not upset about it... but how much fun would the Lumineers have had?
    - Harry Dresden

Quote Originally Posted by see u at x View Post
    I like Jack White and think he's ridiculously talented, but I SO want to give him a haircut.
    I'm with you. I'd settle for a good shampooing if he won't allow a haircut....

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I'm with you. I'd settle for a good shampooing if he won't allow a haircut....

WTF was that Forest Gump song? I hink my ears are bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Renn/aissance View Post
    All I kept thinking was...where was Kanye West when you needed him? Can you imagine her pulling off the Patti Page/Carole king tribute with that tinny voice?