The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Marietta,GA farms?

Posting for a friend who is moving to the Marietta area. Would like to have lessons, and do a few shows, but likely not the big show barns. Less stress, more fun. Any suggestions?

Pony Tail Acres in Powder Springs
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

Thanks, that's one we haven't heard of!

Alex liss at hunter valley farm is a small facility that is low to no pressure, goes to some shows in our area and she is so fun and knows what she's doing.
    Sounds like she is worth at last a call to or check out her website at www.huntervalleyfarms.com she is in Milton not Marietta, but it's a short easy drive from her place to marietta. Good luck!

We will check those out....both look very nice! Any idea how far they are from Marieeta, time wise? Anyone know of Seven C's or Jennifer Buck stables?
    Last edited by trail blazer; Jul. 3, 2012 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Add

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    We will check those out....both look very nice! Any idea how far they are from Marieeta, time wise? Anyone know of Seven C's or Jennifer Buck stables?
    Would need to know where in Marietta to know long far/long, but it's an easy drive, no hwys etc. not familiar with seven C or Jennifer Buck.

Seven C’s is exceptional.
    What part of Marietta? There are nice barns all around, but for driving time it would be better to drive "out" not "across".
    Seven C's is in west Cobb. Alpharetta and Milton are accessable from North East Cobb, but no so much from the West area.

Quote Originally Posted by *bj View Post
    Seven C’s is exceptional.
    What part of Marietta? There are nice barns all around, but for driving time it would be better to drive "out" not "across".
    Seven C's is in west Cobb. Alpharetta and Milton are accessable from North East Cobb, but no so much from the West area.
    That's good to know - housing is still up in the air, so that isn't much help at this point.

I would say Three Bears is about 30-40 minutes from Marietta, depending on where exactly in Cobb/Marietta you are.

7Cs is probably about 20-30 minutes, again depending on where exactly you are.
    Founder, Higher Standards Leather Care Addicts Anonymous
    Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Patchwork Farm is located in Canton, GA which is about 30mins from Marietta per google maps. Really nice facility, I've been there once. Not sure what her price range is for boarding. Here's the site http://www.patchworkfarmga.com/facility_tour.html

Traffic here is tricky. When she gets a housing location, let us know and we can narrow down drive times. There are lots of barns to choose from!

Default Updated with housing info

Looks like she will be living off the Cobb Pkwy in Smyrna area.

Any recommendations near there?

Default Love my barn!

I live a few miles from where your friend is moving and keep my mare at www.falconridgestables.com in Woodstock. It's about 30 minutes up 75/575 and well worth the drive for the facility, turnout & people.

It's a great atmosphere, with really solid training. They've helped me bring my mare along from green to adult amateur jumpers and my husband from brand new rider to local Long Stirrup. They host 4 one day local shows on property and do a good mix of locals & A's during the year but no pressure to show.

Can't say enough good things about Sharon & Doug, Kelci and the rest of the FRS team!

Quote Originally Posted by Summit Springs Farm View Post
    Alex liss at hunter valley farm is a small facility that is low to no pressure, goes to some shows in our area and she is so fun and knows what she's doing.
    Sounds like she is worth at last a call to or check out her website at www.huntervalleyfarms.com she is in Milton not Marietta, but it's a short easy drive from her place to marietta. Good luck!

Alex and I grew up together and she's great. She really puts the horse first.
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia
    www.southcross.com
    RIP Bocephus March 2008 - April 2013

I used to live in east Cobb, closer to Roswell, and kept my horses at Three Bears for years.

It took about the same time -- sometimes less -- to drive there during rush hour than to drive to Milton or Alpharetta.

Three Bears is stunning and the care is excellent.

Talking

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit Springs Farm View Post
    I'm not very familiar with the area but I second, no third the recommendation for Alex liss! My priorities for a barn are similar to the op and if I lived nearby, she's the trainer I'd look into first.
    Last edited by bits619; Jul. 25, 2012 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Uh didn't mean to do thumb down icon!!
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)

She would be somewhere around 15 minutes from Seven C's. I would think it is worth a look if she is looking for a layed back barn.
    I believe they have a few different trainers come in. I don't think it is a "must show" structured program.
    To go north would be interstates, to go west would be side roads, not all 2 lanes but no interstates.
    There are a few more 15 minutes farther west.
    If she wants to go west instead of northeast, pm me for more names.
    It could be from 45mins to an hour to the Alpharetta/Milton area, more depending on traffic and time of day. But ther are many great farms to choose from.

Default Jennifer Buck

Jennifer Buck Stables is a Beautiful location in the Marietta section of Cobb County. Jennifer's background is quite extensive and she keeps the horses and facility clean and beautiful. Always grass in the fields. Very nice ring footing, CLEAN barn. The horses are always put first. The pastures and fencing are safe and things are always kept in good working order. Beautiful hay (and they get plenty of it), Stalls that are matted and loaded with shavings. Water buckets and tubs are always clean and full. Tidy tack room and office with plenty of amenities.

Jennifer Grew up on a farm and has many years of facilities management and training/riding under her belt. Very low profile barn (we like it that way). We are a close knit little group who like to ride and hang out together. No pressure to show however if you want to show you have that option. This is a rare find and if you are looking for quality you should check it out. Call Jennifer or check out her website for more info JenniferLBuckStables.com

If you are looking for quality without pretention check here! Close to Vinings.

Quote Originally Posted by gasrgoose View Post
    Go look at it. Cartersville is up 75 from Atlanta. One of my BO's ponies was sold to them up there over a year ago. I hear she's showing well.