The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Hmm, interesting to hear these things about the VA demographics. I'm contemplating UVA for law school next year, so do share all your opinions of the area because this girl could definitely use the insider info. Although, I am a UC Santa Barbara grad, so vapid degeneracy has become almost endearing to me.

Unfortunately, leaving my school has been a shock to my system, because my type has been firmly molded by the gorgeous male student-body: smart, beautiful, muscular, outdoorsy and athletic, and definitely knowing how to have a good time....sigh. But apparently this combination is not exactly common in the "real world." So I'm complacent being a forever alone for now until I can fish the sea in law school. Lol.

My ideals are, simply:

Smarter than me: The 99th percentile is a lonely, lonely place, sigh.

Has to like the shorties: And I'm certainly not obese, LOL.

Practical: Because I barely have enough common sense to cross the street, lmao. And then we could combine our respective powers.

Very attractive and, at minimum, very fit--but muscular preferred. I'm just used to this and refuse to lower my superficial standards, sorry. And no, I'm not a "stupid airhead" because I have serious physical preferences.

Outdoorsy, athletic, like me.

Assertive: because I can get "out of hand" without firm handling, lol. I just need someone who can understand my grittiness, and whatever it is or where it comes from.

On the path to a serious career: because relationships need equality.

A Do-er, because I'm sick of people who talk about all the things they want to do all day long, when I like to do/plan things spontaneously and just go do it! I need more people around me who are down for whatever, whenever.

UVA is in Charlottesville, which is VERY different from the area Lex is speaking of. Charlottesville has a more Chapel Hill, NC vibe (not that you will understand that reference). It's not exactly urban, lol. It does, however, attract the some smarties.

With the med and law schools, all is not lost regarding finding an intelligent man. Finding one with "ALL THAT" is of course a whole other story.
    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.

That is good to know. I have a phone interview today with a company in Charleston. Hmm...may rethink Texas again.

Quote Originally Posted by AllisonWunderlund View Post
    Word of advice AQHL - stay away from the Charleston area. Grew up there, love it, but as a female the dating scene sucks! Women outnumber straight men 5-1.

We actually had a saying "Around here you don't lose your man, you lose your turn."

And it's true. Met my DH down there and I know every one of his exes. Not that there were many, but still...once we were a thing I encouraged him to exit stage north very quickly!!
    OTTB - Hurricane Denton - Kane AKA Bubble boy
    Boxer - Tugger's - outlasted my marriage

I gotta chime in here.....
    I have my type, which after reading all the post, is pretty much the same across the board,
    taller then me (5'5"),
    good job/career not based on income, but if it makes him happy, humerous/sarcastic,
    active,
    take charge, I have to make monumental decisions all freakin day, please for the love of jebus if I ask what you want for dinner say something other then "whatever you want"
    confident, a mans-man (b/c I still believe there are specific roles that the man of the house should do and the woman of the house should do)
    not a bean pole,
    must love animals,
    can be horsey or not,
    prefer the cowboy life style, but can clean up and hit the bars once or twice a year.

BUT

I would rather have a guy who is "life" smart then Ivey league book smart. Education means very little to me.

You barely finished high school, fine!!! but you can help mend fences, build a run-in without blue prints, cook an amazing lasagna from scratch, and hold up a conversation on the couch before bed....good enuff for me!!!

Oh and age isn't a factor, but no younger then 25 and no older then 40 lol
    if you havent fallen off a horse….then you havent been ridin long enough

Quote Originally Posted by jessiesgrrl View Post
    take charge, I have to make monumental decisions all freakin day, please for the love of jebus if I ask what you want for dinner say something other then "whatever you want"
    Can't resist... What if, instead of "whatever you want," he says, "I'm here to serve you, my dear"?

Basically the same, and infuriating the same way (you making the decision), but damn, also so endearing. That is what my husband says, making me want to strangle and kiss him at the same time. lol.

1 members found this post helpful.

lol Gloria, in my kitchen you would get a plate thrown in your general direction.

My current SO, knows I do not like mushy romantic things/gestures, so when he says or does anything romantic, its always with a wink and wicked grin cause he knows he is stirring the pot.
    But then that's showing how much he cares and knows me, so maybe its romantic in our own way?!?
    if you havent fallen off a horse….then you havent been ridin long enough

LOL. Think about it, my husband is more romantic than I'm. The other day, he asked me, "do you remember our first kiss?" Me, scratching head, "is it before or after that Steamboat trip?" He then asked, quite piqued really, "do you even remember 'where'"? Me, scratching head again, "I'm sure it's somewhere we were both at..."

Consider the following conversation....

Me: "I think I gained some weight. What do you think?"
    Him: "Darling, you are beautiful."
    Me:"yeah, yeah, yeah, I know... but What do YOU think?"
    Him: "Darling, you are always beautiful." Repeat.

Or
    Me:"Do you love me more now or before?"
    Him: "Darling, I've always loved you."
    Me:"yeah, I know. But do you love me 'more' now?"
    Him: "Darling, I love you always, with my whole heart." Repeat.

Not sure where he learnt all the tricks to avoid all the tricky questions we women throw at our significant others. And he is no Casanova by the way. Actually I think I'm his first "real" girlfriend.

1 members found this post helpful.

At this point, I don't think I have an ideal match....oh, wait....can I count my pony?

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by Levade View Post
    Hmm, interesting to hear these things about the VA demographics. I'm contemplating UVA for law school next year, so do share all your opinions of the area because this girl could definitely use the insider info. Although, I am a UC Santa Barbara grad, so vapid degeneracy has become almost endearing to me.

Unfortunately, leaving my school has been a shock to my system, because my type has been firmly molded by the gorgeous male student-body: smart, beautiful, muscular, outdoorsy and athletic, and definitely knowing how to have a good time....sigh. But apparently this combination is not exactly common in the "real world." So I'm complacent being a forever alone for now until I can fish the sea in law school. Lol.

My ideals are, simply:

Smarter than me: The 99th percentile is a lonely, lonely place, sigh.

Has to like the shorties: And I'm certainly not obese, LOL.

Practical: Because I barely have enough common sense to cross the street, lmao. And then we could combine our respective powers.

Very attractive and, at minimum, very fit--but muscular preferred. I'm just used to this and refuse to lower my superficial standards, sorry. And no, I'm not a "stupid airhead" because I have serious physical preferences.

Outdoorsy, athletic, like me.

Assertive: because I can get "out of hand" without firm handling, lol. I just need someone who can understand my grittiness, and whatever it is or where it comes from.

On the path to a serious career: because relationships need equality.

A Do-er, because I'm sick of people who talk about all the things they want to do all day long, when I like to do/plan things spontaneously and just go do it! I need more people around me who are down for whatever, whenever.
    UVA attracts a lot of preppy athletic men in the undergrad programs, so you'll be okay I think. I can't say anything about the people in the law program but I do know that UVA has a lot of women in the graduate studies.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Hmm. Alright, here goes.

Taller than me. So, at least 5'10.

Older than me, or at least the same age...so, 22+

Has to have some idea of what he plans to do with his life. Preferably a job of some sort.

Someone who doesn't want to go out and party all weekend every weekend.

Honesty. My last bf lied so much that it got to the point of not knowing what to believe anymore.

Someone who isn't clingy. I love spending time with a boyfriend, but I firmly believe that you can spend too much time with someone. I like my girls nights once in a while.

Would also prefer that they be somewhat fit and in shape... muscular is hot but it's not a requirement. What matters is that he treats me well and is genuinely a good guy.
    "People ask me 'will I remember them if I make it'. I ask them 'will you remember me if I don't?'"