The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

A great smile and a hearty laugh attract me. Smart and funny are a must, especially if they are pretty sarcastic.

Adventurous about food and drink; someone who might consider the Great American Beer Fest in Denver an excellent vacation is a plus. And/or a Napa tour. Someone who will go to Europe and wander around strange cities and look at art with me would be great.

Must love dogs, and must agree that my dog is simply the best dog on earth, even if she decorates the house with copious amounts of hair.

Physically, I prefer stocky to skinny, and I like someone who's reasonably fit. I want someone that outweighs me by at least 20 pounds. I always say I like tall guys, yet somehow I always end up chatting up the 5'7" types. As long as I can still wear really high heels at times, we're okay. For some reason, my fantasy ideal is a muscular Asian man, but where I live my friends call that the great unicorn hunt.

Must be decently employed, and it's nice if he's handy around the house.

Sadly I am probably not going to meet this man whilst sitting on my couch. Unless he's the cable guy.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by KTRider View Post
    For some reason, my fantasy ideal is a muscular Asian man, but where I live my friends call that the great unicorn hunt.

Sadly I am probably not going to meet this man whilst sitting on my couch. Unless he's the cable guy.
    You crack me up. Maybe you should hijack my profile, since apparently I have been Asian man magnet. I also say the perfect man will have to land in my lap, since I don't do much (anything?) to actually procure such a specimen.

And as an aside, I went to the circus today. I had 3rd row center seats. The theme is "dragons" and they had a whole lot of muscular Asian men in the "Shaolin Troupe" demonstrating qigong. It was pretty awesome--I'm sure some of them must be single!
    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.

Has his own interests so does not want to be joined at the hip.
    Has his own opinions and is not afraid to state them rather than just pretend to agree.
    Willing to talk if needed but not too much. A certain amount of processing is healthy; too much processing interferes with living life!
    Honest. Honest. Honest.
    Sharp sense of humor. Sarcasm spoken here!
    Kind and generous nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Pony Fixer View Post
    You crack me up. Maybe you should hijack my profile, since apparently I have been Asian man magnet. I also say the perfect man will have to land in my lap, since I don't do much (anything?) to actually procure such a specimen.

And as an aside, I went to the circus today. I had 3rd row center seats. The theme is "dragons" and they had a whole lot of muscular Asian men in the "Shaolin Troupe" demonstrating qigong. It was pretty awesome--I'm sure some of them must be single!
    I'm so jealous! Seriously, I do not know why I'm fixated on this muscular Asian thing. I've never even dated anyone Asian.

If it makes you feel better, my nickname amongst friends is "spinster." Lovingly of course. I have declared I'm coming out with my own line of yoga pants for spinster types, which will have the word "dusty" across the a$$ instead of "juicy" or something like that.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by KTRider View Post
    I'm so jealous! Seriously, I do not know why I'm fixated on this muscular Asian thing. I've never even dated anyone Asian.

If it makes you feel better, my nickname amongst friends is "spinster." Lovingly of course. I have declared I'm coming out with my own line of yoga pants for spinster types, which will have the word "dusty" across the a$$ instead of "juicy" or something like that.
    I'm laughing my yoga-panted a$$ off right.this.minute.

My best friend in HS was (is) Asian. Besides going to Princeton and now being a cardiothoracic/vascular surgeon who specializes in helping stroke victims regain mobility, he plays tennis. As in took-a-year-off-before-Princeton-to-go-pro tennis. Hot. Muscular. We "dated" briefly but that's really too serious a term for it, we tried being more than friends and failed and laughed about it. My mother thought I should marry him, I thought she was crazy. Who's crazy now, LOL?

2 members found this post helpful.

I think Lex is shopping. Didn't he start this thread?

That's OK, we've derailed it anyway!

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by eponacowgirl View Post
    I think Lex is shopping. Didn't he start this thread?
    Yeah and I would have gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for you meddling women!
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Dusty!

Gee, Lex, I fit the bill but I've been married for 35 years and most likely old enough to be your mother .

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pony Fixer View Post
    I'm laughing my yoga-panted a$$ off right.this.minute.

My best friend in HS was (is) Asian. Besides going to Princeton and now being a cardiothoracic/vascular surgeon who specializes in helping stroke victims regain mobility, he plays tennis. As in took-a-year-off-before-Princeton-to-go-pro tennis. Hot. Muscular. We "dated" briefly but that's really too serious a term for it, we tried being more than friends and failed and laughed about it. My mother thought I should marry him, I thought she was crazy. Who's crazy now, LOL?
    I'm probably going to need some pictures to decide if you are crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Yeah and I would have gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for you meddling women!
    I mean, at least you posted yours first. It was less suspicious that way.

In other news, I've pretty much come to think of this whole OT session as the "how does this relate online dating" and "lex must be bored" session based on most of the posts.

Intelligence, strength, and a sense of humor.

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

This is not a great photo, but all google had to offer:
    http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.co...1027051802.jpg

- Nice. Genuinely nice is at the top of my list ever since I dated my total d-bag of an ex. I want a guy who won't bitch or complain about every little thing, is just as polite to strangers as he is to his friends, and who likes all animals, not just the owns he (or I) own.

- Funny. I need laughter in a relationship. I prefer witty, dry humour since it seems to complement my own.

- Loves or at least kind to animals.

- Active in an outdoorsy way. I hike, run, bike, cross-country ski, etc. I need a man who can keep up with me and who I don't have to force or nag into going with me. Not interested in guys who are only active at the gym - no gym rats for me.

- On that note, I like athletic, toned bodies more than jacked up guys. The "I can bench-press 300 lbs" look isn't nearly as hot as the guy who looks like he's ripped from doing actual physical labour, as opposed to lifting dumbbells all day.

- Intelligent. I'm finding this to be more and more of a necessity. I like a guy who can challenge me intellectually and make me re-think things. I'm also passionate about history and love getting into debates with my historian friends!

- Clever. Not the same thing as intelligent. I've dated guys who were intelligent but not clever, and vice versa. I can't really define my distinction between the two but I'd love to find a guy who's both.

- I like my guys tall and athletic...but there's a guy I know who's short and not athletic and I'd say yes to him in a second if he asked me out.

- Likes to travel.

- Interested in trying new things.

- has his own passions and hobbies.

-is motivated in his own career.

- self-confident

- not controlling. If I'm going out with the girls, I don't want a ton of text messages while I'm out.

I'm also a sucker for crinkly eyes, dimples and a wry smile, for example Tom Selleck, Sam Elliot... and DH. go figure.

Tall, 6'3-6'4 tall. Active and athletic, like OTV described, fit from actual physical work than from working out at the gym. Cowboy. Not like a rodeo cowboy, but actual working ranch cowboy. Someone not afraid to work hard, is self sufficient and loves living in the middle of nowhere. I am defintely a sucker for a man in a cowboy hat!

Quote Originally Posted by SnicklefritzG View Post
    Resting heart rate greater than zero to start with. I'll edit my post when I've figured out the other qualities.
    This made me laugh!

I think we are all looking for the same man with or without Asian features.

Smart, fun, sarcastic, quick, easy laugher, personable, attentive, has his own hobbies, honest, enjoys healthy debate, loves to cuddle and snuggle, touch and be touched. Dog lover and tolerates the cat. Confident, sense of humor ....I could go on and on.

I prefer him to be taller than I and I stand at 5'8. Physically, not super skinny, I like a bit of meat to hold on to.

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Well Lex, I fit all your criteria (although I'm 5'7", so almost too tall!), but if you really are in VA...that is a little far from WA where I am!

I'm looking for a horse riding, animal loving, active/fit (athletic, not muscle bound, from outdoor activities not weight lifting at the gym), easy going guy who has a positive outlook on life, enough self-confidence to make decisions and not be intimidated by me (I'm confident and assertive, especially professionally, but sometimes I just want someone else to make a decision for me!!), enjoys friendly debate/conversation, a job that he enjoys (preferably a career), intelligence (and the desire to use it!), an interest in learning new things and going new places (I love to travel), can communicate in something more than a grunt, understands intimacy is not just sex, and has his own interests/hobbies (other than hunting or otherwise killing animals) so doesn't need to spend 24/7 together. No drugs or smoking.

I agree...I think we might be all looking for the same guy....those of you who have found your ideal match are very lucky!