The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Red face What Is Your Ideal Match?

Here's an idea of what I look for in a woman....

No taller than 5'8. Around 5'2 is ideal for me.

Physically fit. I need a woman who can keep up with me.

Active lifestyle. The couple that plays together, stays together. I like a lot of outdoor stuff like hiking, biking, and of course riding horses.

Affectionate and compassionate. Hugs N' Snuggles.

Loves to go places and see new things.

Enjoys the arts.

Foodie. Loves to eat new food or cook things.

Drug-free and not a big drinker.

Dog-friendly.

Good communicator. I hate having to read minds and I want a woman who can be upfront with me about her feelings and needs.

Has no crazy ex to deal with.

Can hold a job that she enjoys. Hopefully, she has something that she considers a career.

What are you looking for?
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

#1- has to have a hobby/passion that they are serious about, or they will not understand me.

Taller than me (5'9") and um... big boned... but fit enough to be active. I'm not exactly long and lean but my work is physical and people who are lazy annoy the crap out of me. Older than me. I barely have friends who are my age and I've had no luck with relationships with people my age, either.

Beyond that, I have a hard time with people who are uneducated and unmotivated.

Generally confident. I want him to suggest we go somewhere, do something etc, not "whatever you want to do is fine." I make enough decisions everyday, sometimes I want to NOT be the leader.

I prefer my SO to be non-horsey.

I'll go with cultured and well spoken as opposed to appreciates the arts. As long as you can hold your own in a group of arts lovers, I'm cool with that.

Animal lover.

Sarcastic, fun to be around, likes to be outside, not a party animal, mostly an optimistic outlook on life, easy going...

A dude who looks like Thor, is taller than me, and finds my horse obsession endearing. Haha!

Oh, and won't tell me he loves me after a month. Pump the brakes, hot shot.

12 members found this post helpful.

Funny, smart, handy. No daddy issues (i.e., you're not my father!) - Doesn't resent the animals - loves them, as a matter of fact.

Has a job and is good at it. He's like minded politically and socially. He's a friend, first and foremost. We build on that.

I've found this person so...

4 members found this post helpful.

Likes or at least tolerates cats. Doesn't need to pet or cuddle them.

No rednecks or hunters.

Physically fit and stronger/tougher than me, which in my generation, whew, they be slim pickins' I tell ya.

Not to sound weird but I really liked Bane's character in the Dark Knight Rises movie, I liked his unwavering loyalty for that woman.

Non prejudiced, open, forward thinking. I'm a bit of a Bohemian myself.

Oh, very important, accepting of my love for chickens!

Someone who doesn't mind bluntness, honesty and truth. I'm very straightforward in my speaking.

No chauvinism, no females do this, men do that crap.

And definitely a sense of humor!
    I LOVE my Chickens!

2 members found this post helpful.

Double post glitch!
    I LOVE my Chickens!

I have a physical 'type' (about 6', average build, dark hair and bonus points for facial hair) but I rarely date guys who have this. For some reason, almost every guy that I date is shorter than I am. The last two boyfriends were, and I'm taller than the person I am currently seeing as well.

I have no idea why. Nor do I care (I'm 5'7'').
    Have YOU ever looked into the eyes of a rich white child who has just lost a jumping competition?

My ideal match...dog lover, really smart and interested in continuing to learn, funny and fun to be around, compassionate, accepting and without prejudice, lover of traveling and exploring new cultures/cities/countries, lover of the outdoors, motivated, confident, physically affectionate, cultured.

It would be a plus if he was taller than me (I'm 5'7") and stronger than me.

Tall, dark, good-looking, not too fat and not too skinny (I can't stand the waif look in men), erudite, no human baggage (I have no desire to raise someone else's children), active physically, must love dogs and at least tolerate cats, prefers the country life to urban areas. More like gentleman farmer than country boy, though. Highly tolerant of book clutter (I have a small addiction problem with books.) Older than me. No artistic temperaments, no metrosexuals, no frat boys, no dull people.

If he wants biological children, he better have excellent vision. I can't afford to breed with someone with poor eyesight, as I have very bad genes for that trait.

Liberal, witty, smart, taller and "bulkier" than me, manly enough to be semi-handy around the house but not caveman-ish, likes horses, cats, dogs. Spends less time on his hair than I do but also tolerates the symphony. Employable and reliable enough to be responsible about life. All else is negotiable.
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

2 members found this post helpful.

I'll bite. In no particular order:

Height--prefer taller than me, but no deal breaker. Not into tons of facial hair.

Has to be wicked smart and wicked funny.

Reasonably athletic--no need to be an Olympian, but try as I might I don't find chunky attractive in dogs, cats, or men.

Motivated--I have no tolerance for laziness. The occasional lost weekend is great, down time is a must, but not as a general philosophy.

Has a job/career but is not married to it.

Has an appreciation for good music (As defined by me, of course. Just kidding. Not really.)

Tolerant of the great time and money suck that is horses. Will not question me when I say I/we will be spending $4K for the cat to have surgery.

Is an adventurous eater.

Both companionate and good in the sack--just sayin'!
    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.

I'm 5'11 and ideally would prefer someone around that height, but shorter is perfectly fine. Height is probably the least important consideration, an athletic look is much more important.

Physical fitness is important, and liking an active lifestyle. Doesn't have to be the same things I like (eg. horses) but has to at least be willing to give some of my things a try, and I'll return the favor.

Sense of humor, affectionate, smart, either non-political or at least not strident about it, non-prejudiced, religion same deal as politics, confident, educated.

Adventurous, likes new places to visit, new foods to try, new experiences in general.

I don't want someone who has to be around me all the time. I enjoy time on my own, and time with my friends. A clingy partner is definitely a no-go.

Absolutely no drugging or smoking.

And absolutely agree with having a decent job, ideally a career. And must understand that my career is extremely important, and will involve me moving potentially every few years.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

As smart or smarter than I am. Sensible. Kind-hearted. Sense of humor. Affectionate with an enjoyment of together time, but also the understanding that separate time is important for continued mental health. Understands, or at least tolerates, my passion for my interests, and has passions and interests of his or her own, separate of the ones we share. Has, or is on the path to have, a career. No substance abuse.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

I don't really have a physical type. Chemistry is very important, but I vary in what I find attractive. I like intelligent men, but not ones who are out to prove that they are smarter than I am. Relaxed and quietly confident is nice.

Fit is important - I like to hike and surf, and I prefer guys be able to keep up, although I'm not THAT obsessive. If you are a marathon runner, great, but I will go off and walk a 5k, and you can train for your marathon .

Hmm, career. I love my job, and ugh, will probably have to move for it someday. It would be nice to have someone who also loves their job, and is SLIGHTLY flexible in that area. I don't require career obsessed, however. I kind of live mine, and I am happy to be supportive of someone else's but don't build my life around my mate's status.

Age? I've dated someone a lot older than me, and someone younger than me. I don't really worry about that.

What IS important, though, is that I do like a lot of downtime and alone time. I DO like a lot of affection, and like to be able to balance the two. It can be difficult to strike that balance.

Not crazy. Really not crazy. Doesn't live with his mom. Actually single and straight. Not an alcoholic or drug addict. No kids. Has a real job. Has a drivers license. No inferiority complex. Full set of teeth.

LOL beyond that stuff everything else is icing on the cake!

4 members found this post helpful.

-SMART. I'm working on a grad degree and read everything I get my hands on, so he needs to at least be able to keep up and, preferably, challenge me.

-I love a good argument and am pretty opinionated, so I do well with guys who are confident enough to hold their own.

-Funny/witty. I find this often goes hand in hand with intelligence and confidence.

-Passionate about something, anything (except video games...). Extra credit if he loves his job.

-Physical ideal is 5'8" - 6' ish with some shoulders on him. I'm fairly short, so any taller than 6' and we run into issues in certain, um, activities. I'm more attracted to big burly types, but it's not absolutely necessary.

-Likes the outdoors, since I spend so much of my time working or studying outside.

-Willing to try new things (food, travel, etc)
    "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~John Wooden

Phoenix Animal Rescue

Resting heart rate greater than zero to start with. I'll edit my post when I've figured out the other qualities.

15 members found this post helpful.

I've never had a physical type - tall and Kenyan, short, red-headed and Irish, blond, and now married to a Blackfeet type! Have some non-negotiables all lifestyle related - no drugs, alcohol, active addictions, desire for a spotless house, interest in changing me,and MUST have a great sense of humor (!!!), love animals, be seriously handy, like a rural lifestyle, have friends/family that I like, have own intersts, be tolerant of ADHD and must appreciate my terrificness!!!

My husband does have a great job he works very hard at, he can hook up a trailer of any type, can field dress an animal in about 10 minutes, can fix anything and has a great sense of humor (we can have an entire conversation just referencing the punch lines of various jokes we both know). Plus, we both like the same movies, mostly, AND he took care of my horses for six months when I was east with my mom (including caring for my horse who had his eye removed). He minds, but will still help haul and stack hay and he has a great bunch of kids (he has five, as he says, by the time he found out what was causing the kids, he was hooked!!). And he's great with my mom and family!

And he has really expanded my world too, so, works both ways!

1 members found this post helpful.

Patience of Job is really all I require...

And the ability to look cool on a horse.

Thank heavens I found him.

1 members found this post helpful.

Don't smoke. No need for matches.