The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default I'm amazed!

I'm in the horse market right now and this seems to be the most appropriate forum to share my experience today. I let my friends know I was in the market and what my budget was. It's relatively small and I need something local because I can't afford shipping long distance. I was told about a thoroughbred in my budget and I went up to see him. I didn't know anything except he was a grey thoroughbred. I got there, he was still actively training and "hard in the mouth" according to his trainer and rider. They took him out to breeze and the jockey asked if I wanted to ride, I was pretty skeptical considering they didn't really have a place to ride except the training track. I said no at first. I then thought about how he acted too the track and away asked if they had a paddock I could use and they said sure. I got on that horse and he walk trotted for me with no problems. His mind was absolutely amazing and he was sweet and willing. Just another mark in favor of the thoroughbreds for me, I've always loved them but today really cemented it in my mind. I wish wish wish I was the only one making the decision, he'd have a new home tonight!

2 members found this post helpful.

Not sure why you would be amazed but glad you were given a proper introduction to the TB world!

1 members found this post helpful.

Who else is in on the decision? What's next?
    I have a Fjord! Life With Oden

Most of them, even when still on the track, aren't the fire-breathing dragons a lot of people seem to think they are! Good for you, for discovering the true TB brain!
    Sheila
    Chestnut Run Stable
    www.Zeltt.com
    Standing "Tiz Brian" at Stud, 16.1 h bay TB by Tiznow

I'm buying "in part" with someone. That someone is a minor and her mother is making the calls. Doesn't think a track horse is a smart move. The next thing is convincing my husband to let me do it alone

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by AirForceWife View Post
    I'm buying "in part" with someone. That someone is a minor and her mother is making the calls. Doesn't think a track horse is a smart move. The next thing is convincing my husband to let me do it alone
    Go, girl! Start with his favorite drink, follow with favorite meal, burnished with brandy.!!! And onward from there.

Sounds like he would make a great Valentine's gift.
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

2 members found this post helpful.