The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1 members found this post helpful.

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

I wonder how many ribbons it takes to make a ribbon pony?! I LOVE that!!
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

I tried to make this public:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

I do jars instead of vases because the jars have lids that keep dust out! :-)
    Triple J Ranch Sporthorses
    www.triplejsporthorse.com
    Member - OMGiH I LOFF my mare(s) clique

I keep them in my trailer and give them to kids when they come to my barn for doing a good job (whether that is helping me feed or having a quick pony ride). They love them and I feel they are going to a good home and use.
    Brianna
    briannadressage.blogspot.com

I started a scrapbook with them! One of the big ones with the plastic sheet protectors. If the ribbon is too big you can cut off just the thin part of the ribbon that says the show, class, etc. When you open the scrapbook the page on the left has my dressage test and a few small photos. Then the opposite page has my ribbons and several nice photos from that day. I plan on doing this for every show and starting a new one for each year. Then I can flip through and see photos of what we looked like at that time, read my test and see how we did. I think it will be fun to watch the progression over the years :-)

Something like this for how I'm going to display the ribbons: http://petiteoilswatercolors1ofakind...horse.html?m=1
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

I think the ones I got as a teenager with first horse (circa late 70's, 1980) are in a box at my parents. The ones I have won with my second horse (acquired when I was 45) get hung along the ceiling of my place. So far I did one side of the beam between the kitchen and living room, then the other side of the beam. And now I am 2/3 of the way across another wall. I won a single ribbon in eventing and that one is very special and has it's own home. I hope the future Mr. Mukluk will not mind my ribbon decor when we dwell in the same abode. I think it's fun and festive.

I have seen purses and baskets made out of gum wrappers. Has anyone seen these being made from ribbons?

Quote Originally Posted by CO View Post
    We gave all ours back to be used again, except for all the champion and reserve ones of course.
    This is what I have started doing as well. I'm trying to downsize.

these are awesome! All my ribbons are in a big box in the attic right now. One day I'll probably make a quilt out of it. I also want to make a ribbon pony. I'll make my own, I sew for a business, and wouldn't want to pay someone for something I can do myself.