Has anyone else been having problems with their Smartpaks?
My last batch seems to have defective paper strips (or whatever they are). The labels are not fully printed on some of the strips (so you can't tell what is in the Smartpaks), and when you tear them off to feed them, the paper rips to shreds or across the center instead of tearing off on one clean strip.
Anyone else? It's frustrating, but since I am the only one feeding them to my horse, I can deal with it. Just hoping this won't become a continuing problem.
My most recent patch is printed a little funky, I think it depends on the day it was printed and stuff, the machine could have been low on ink or something. As for the strips, there are times when they can be difficult, otherwise I have never had a problem with them.
I haven't mentioned it to Smartpak yet, but I probably will. I also realized it really can't be the colder weather because (a) I keep them in my house and take them to the barn with me each day, so they would never be getting very cold, and (b) I didn't have any problems with my prior batch, and those were opened on some sub-zero days.
I've been having some issues with Smartpak in general lately. Flukes/bad luck, I'm sure. I do like the company, but I'm starting to get frustrated.
Mine have been fine. Some days they do not peel off as one full sheet but I figure that is more operator error than the Smartpak itself.
I have never noticed printing issues but I do not examine them. I pull one out of each drawer (two horses) and peel it right into their feed. I know what is in the cells and what it should look like so if the label is not totally readable it would not really matter to me.