The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

:QUOTE=GoForAGallop;6829632]If we're understanding each other correctly....canoeing is an important part of relationships, some people place more value on it than others. If the Mr. Perfect of your story wasn't willing to look into...errr...extra paddles and the like, to "supplement", and canoeing is a big part of your acquaintance's relationships...then I can understand the dumping. Best not to suffer for years![/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking, but wouldn't have worded it nearly as well!!!!

1 members found this post helpful.

Ironically enough, Mr. Maybe and I went out for dinner and a movie tonight and a COTHer sat 2 people away from me. I nearly DIED. Karma, right? Anyway, we had a lovely time, good conversation, good vibe, but I'm still sticking to my guns and keeping it light and platonic until I suss out the right move.
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

I'm sorry....but i can't help but giggle, and think that in your 1st post, that you mentioned what it was that you "can't get past"...LOL...It wouldn't happen to be "One SMALL THING"?! ....as in, not being well endowed, would it? Lol...sorry, i just couldn't help myself, and had to ask!

I really should have used the word "minor" instead.

But he also reminded me last night that he's highly allergic to cats. So maybe that's TWO minor things.
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by jen-s View Post
    I really should have used the word "minor" instead.

But he also reminded me last night that he's highly allergic to cats. So maybe that's TWO minor things.

Oh don't let that be another "thing" My SO is allergic to cats but we still have one and he LOVES her. I keep the house clean, that helps him and he really seems not to be bothered by her as much as he thought. He hasn't taken any allergy medicine. I guess it depends on the type of cat since he has been around some that he has reacted to. He wasn't keen on the whole cat thing, but now he wants more I also catch him playing with the barn cats. So, my point is, you never know

Jen--I haven't read the whole thread, but I keep thinking this in my head. If this one minor thing prevented you from being with this person before, maybe it's not as "minor" as you think subconciously?
    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.

PF--We parted ways earlier for a totally separate reason. I'll be glad to dish over margaritas or Red Robin. Basically, I got some really bad news and just said, "not now, gotta retreat and cope with this."

Quote Originally Posted by jen-s View Post
    PF--We parted ways earlier for a totally separate reason. I'll be glad to dish over margaritas or Red Robin. Basically, I got some really bad news and just said, "not now, gotta retreat and cope with this."
    That and he is still there and interested?
    Maybe he is worth giving a chance yet, if that "minor" thing can be worked thru.

Allergies, well, that is really more important, as some times you have to choose between breathing and doing/having something you want and that is a tough choice.

I am allergic to cats, had many cats, but eventually had to decide if it was worth it and, after the last cat, breathing just seems more important.

Then, for many years, I made do, so how much of a "minor" thing that is depends if he wants and can make do or not AND how much you want to have cats.

It can't be one small thing...if you are willing to walk away b/c of it.....

If "it" matters to you so much so that you question a relationship with him then it is a big thing....

Other people may not agree...but this is your life..... do what you need to do

best of luck to you

n