The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default "It's Orange - Must be a Carrot!"

"No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

4 members found this post helpful.

I am afraid that may not turn out so well.

My horse licked one of the barn cats once. The cat is tolerant of basically anything and is super friendly with the horses, but will no longer rub against my horse's nose for some odd reason

1 members found this post helpful.

I had a horse do that to my cat once. She always followed me around while I did my chores. One day one of the horses picked her up by the tail and swung her back and forth! I was shocked as I am sure she was too. I think he got a well deserved nose scratching out of the deal. Kitty was fine and never went into the paddock with me again.

I loff how doggie's just waiting there for the leftovers!

Total revenge on the part of the dog. Last week, dog was minding his own business and came upon the cat. Out of spite, the cat smacked the dog in the nose. The dog has waited patiently for his opportunity to get back at the cat.

Seeing the cat on top of the fence post, dog went to horse and said, "You know, that orange cats taste like carrots, don't you?"

"Get out!", said the horse.

"No," said the dog, "its true and tail is the tastiest part. Go try for yourself."

What we see here is that exact moment when horse has fallen for dog's "joke" In a moment, the horse will be sporting several long lacerations to its face. The dog, meanwhile, will be behind the barn, laughing hysterically.

Once, healed, the horse and the cat will be plotting against the dog.

And so it goes.

(This is all made up, of course - but it could happen!)
    And nothing bad happened!

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jaslyn1701 View Post
    Total revenge on the part of the dog. Last week, dog was minding his own business and came upon the cat. Out of spite, the cat smacked the dog in the nose. The dog has waited patiently for his opportunity to get back at the cat.

Seeing the cat on top of the fence post, dog went to horse and said, "You know, that orange cats taste like carrots, don't you?"

"Get out!", said the horse.

"No," said the dog, "its true and tail is the tastiest part. Go try for yourself."

What we see here is that exact moment when horse has fallen for dog's "joke" In a moment, the horse will be sporting several long lacerations to its face. The dog, meanwhile, will be behind the barn, laughing hysterically.

Once, healed, the horse and the cat will be plotting against the dog.

And so it goes.

(This is all made up, of course - but it could happen!)
    I am not so sure, the dog is a bit too close.
    The cat, being hauled up by the tail, may latch onto the dog.

My mare likes to investigate things with her mouth, like an infant. She does stuff like this to the cats (and to the blankets on the bench, the magazines on the chairs in the arena, etc) So far she has not chomped.

I'm lucky one of my horses hasn't done this to the cats yet...she's very mouthy and plays with everything. We have to keep a stall guard up over the top half of her stall becuase if we don't, she reaches out and pulls everything she can reach off the walls....lead ropes, blankets, halters, etc....very annoying. She throws them into the middle of the aisle for us to pick back up later and looks at us quite innocently.

I can just imagine Fen doing this. He loves to grab hold of things. (And can chuck a feed skip a good distance!)
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!