The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Well, thank you Alagirl & Oliverreed !. I can relax now

Quote Originally Posted by Dispatcher View Post
    Well, thank you Alagirl & Oliverreed !. I can relax now
    want one?
    I got spares.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    want one?
    I got spares.

naw, I like to think I'm normal.........

oh my... you are doomed.....
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

2 members found this post helpful.

Uh Oh you DEFIANTLY need one. The normals taste like chicken !
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

come to think of it, I am starting to twitch and look around....

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    Guess you are still bitter over the exposure of your conflicting posts.

You would do well, Mary, to read. There is a lot of interesting information coming out from interpretation to application.

I am learning a lot and I did not think I had any points of value to make.

I have noticed, a poster or two is doing the same to others here, that they have done to me on other threads. Demand sources,,,,then not bother to read them.
    Hahaha! What inconsistency? No I just don't like people who consistently lie and embellish to garner attention.

Quote Originally Posted by sunridge1 View Post
    Hahaha! What inconsistency? No I just don't like people who consistently lie and embellish to garner attention.
    Oh..I thought you just hated it when you were continually caught both here and on TROT and it was printed for all to see.

Do not be so hard on yourself. You don't need to be self hating even tho you have a unique take on the truth and continually try to garner attention. Look at your post today...trying to "stir the empty pot"

No longer able to purchase Sofia red win from Bulgaria so am drinking Swallowtail from Romania. Couple it with some slices of Drunken Goat..a specialty cheese from Spain and it creates a diversion to my choking after reading your post.

Post away...by the end of this bottle I won't remember who you are or what you are posting..nor will I be able to type.

Oh..I thought you just hated it when you were continually caught both here and on TROT and it was printed for all to see.

Do not be so hard on yourself. You don't need to be self hating even tho you have a unique take on the truth and continually try to garner attention. Look at your post today...trying to "stir the empty pot"

No longer able to purchase Sofia red win from Bulgaria so am drinking Swallowtail from Romania. Couple it with some slices of Drunken Goat..a specialty cheese from Spain and it creates a diversion to my choking after reading your post.

Post away...by the end of this bottle I won't remember who you are or what you are posting..nor will I be able to type.
    Friends, don't let friends drink and post.

Quote Originally Posted by CatPS View Post
    I've been looking at the title of this thread for days, thinking that it said "Tin Foil HATERS"... and I couldn't figure out why anyone would hate tin foil so much. It's useful around the kitchen, recyclable, and relatively inexpensive. Plus, WTH does it have to do with animal rights?
    VP Horse & Carriage Association of NYC

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-F...ref=ts&fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    right!
    Only house guests get that privilege!

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post

It has become a popular term among those who try to point out where certain groups are digging and chipping away at our lifestyle.
    ^5

The OP co-opted the derogatory "tin foil hatters", obviously attempting irony/sarcasm in the title of the thread, but of course the folks on the other side of the issue have used it in its real meaning continually throughout the thread (even acronym-izing it lol) to identify, marginalize and disparage anyone who doesn't believe as they do. It is a time-worn tactic; attach a mocking, snide, loaded nickname to a group of people, so that others may become wary of supporting them, and so that you don't have to actually address whatever that group has to say
    VP Horse & Carriage Association of NYC

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-F...ref=ts&fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Ya'll know you do not want get pulled over by a MOD when PUI.

Quote Originally Posted by michaleenflynn View Post
    ^5

The OP co-opted the derogatory "tin foil hatters", obviously attempting irony/sarcasm in the title of the thread, but of course the folks on the other side of the issue have used it in its real meaning continually throughout the thread (even acronym-izing it lol) to identify, marginalize and disparage anyone who doesn't believe as they do. It is a time-worn tactic; attach a mocking, snide, loaded nickname to a group of people, so that others may become wary of supporting them, and so that you don't have to actually address whatever that group has to say
    Oh! You mean like RaRa?

Quote Originally Posted by michaleenflynn View Post
    ^5

Yes, it is a "time-worn tactic" such as all of the names I was called by the pro-carriage posters on the NYC Carriage Horse thread. I was asked by the mods not to repeat them !

Caught with what exactly? You ARE drunk. I've NEVER lied about anything on trot or anywhere else for that matter. I am what I am. You OTOH are exactly what is wrong in this culture like so many others, a wannabe fake. "If you can dream. And not let dreams be your master." Sage advice from good 'ol Rudyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Freda View Post
    Oh! You mean like RaRa?
    "Radical Animal Rights Activist" . Certainly not a term coined by anyone around here. Media moniker. However I think to borrow from the arts "WALKERS" is much much more appropriate.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

To be radical or an activist has a positive connotation. Animal rights - depends on one's upbringing I suppose, but generally there is an implied "They go too far" taste attached to the RARA label.

Tin foil Hatters on the other hand have no redeeming meaning as they are considered to be reacting to fantastic misinterpretations of non-existent problems, so misguided, ignorant and incapable of reasoning.

Applying the Tin foil Hatters label is completely disparaging and meant only to insult - when one knows there is a true problem it is thus only used for effect.

Most name calling is simply to draw a line around US as opposed to THEM and tends to break down communication for those reacting to verbal slams.

When one is called something often enough in a disparaging manner, sometimes the term becomes an IN thing to use among like-thinking people who have been labeled in with the class -think the "N" word among young adult Black persons...

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Freda View Post
    Oh! You mean like RaRa?
    I guarantee you I have never used that, if it is ok or not.
    It doesn't sound right to me, but then, I don't have a good ear for English.
    At most I have used AR, after writing out several times in a post "animal rights extremists", used then as short hand.

I have read some very insulting things others have posted, some the Moderator wisely edited, that really were over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by sunridge1 View Post
    Caught with what exactly? You ARE drunk. I've NEVER lied about anything on trot or anywhere else for that matter. I am what I am. You OTOH are exactly what is wrong in this culture like so many others, a wannabe fake. "If you can dream. And not let dreams be your master." Sage advice from good 'ol Rudyard.
    Now, I have read some you called others that was very insulting, that was edited.
    That there is a bit out of line also, I think, falling into personal insults.

Just remember, if you feel insulted, say so, but don't do it by insulting back, that is not ok and here, against the rules anyway.