The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Default Tin Foil Hatters Unite. More animal rights attacks

this is from researcher Liz at Black Horse

"AB 1117 gives full authority to humane and peace officers to seize and destroy animals without a warrant."

NaturalNews) If you live in California and own pets or livestock, you could soon be criminalized as an animal abuser for things like letting your livestock roam on pasture or transferring ownership of rare-breed animals in a parking lot. Two new laws recently passed under the auspices of animal protection actually threaten to eliminate animal ownership throughout the state, as they re-categorize normal animal rearing methods as acts of abuse worthy of criminal fines and unwarranted seizure of said animals.

The bills are AB 1117 and SB 917, and they were passed under a shroud of secrecy. Those who knew about the bills were told they would protect animals from abuse. But upon closer investigation, AB 1117 and SB 917 were clearly designed to incriminate animal ownership and discourage livestock farming. SB 917, as it turns out, makes it a crime to both sell and give away animals on any street, highway, public right-of-way, parking lot, carnival or boardwalk, while AB 1117 gives full authority to humane and peace officers to seize and destroy animals without a warrant.

Together, the two bills essentially give control to the state government to steal animals from people accused of animal abuse, even if no evidence exists to prove that animal abuse actually took place. Worse, the tenets of the two laws are so loosely defined, with no clear intent as to what constitutes "abuse" by definition, that virtually anyone who becomes a target of the state could lose their pets or livestock with a simple accusation of abuse.

"The California law, burying the wording between words about beating and torture, defines normal activities with animals as abuse," explains Food Freedom News. "And it refers to no standard of what is normal in raising animals, and requires no proof that any animal has been harmed. [Lawmakers have] figured out a way to turn raising animals outside on grass -- the ideal life for those animals and their then producing the healthiest food -- into a felony. And they've done it under the aegis of protecting animals."

Many US states now pushing laws to criminalize animal ownership

Such lunacy is not reserved to California, sadly, as numerous other U.S. states are pushing their own laws that would essentially criminalize animal ownership. As we reported back in 2012, the state of Michigan passed a not-so-cleverly disguised "Invasive Species Order" (ISO) that reclassified most rare-breed pig breeds as "feral," and thus illegal. Beginning last April, the state actually went around with SWAT teams raiding local farms and shooting these rare-breed species (http://www.naturalne... ... eedom.html).

And back in 2011, Illinois lawmakers tried to push House Bill 1166, which would have required pet owners to actually get a state-issued permit if they wished to possess more than six animals as pets. Included in this pet category, as explained in a Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council (PIJAC) report, were the usual cats and dogs, as well as fish. Thousands of Illinois residents with even one fish tank of fish, in other words, would have become criminals overnight (http://www.pijac.org).

Such madness is continually predicated on "protecting the animals," which is similar to the current gun control madness that is draped in "protecting the children." In both cases, bureaucrats are attempting to bypass individuals' human and constitutional rights by injecting an emotional charge into their plea. And unless Americans start vehemently opposing such abuse as it creeps to the surface, it will only continue to intensify until all our freedoms are lost.

http://www.naturalne... ... _pets.html

3 members found this post helpful.

I read through the bill quickly and couldn't find exactly where it said that. Could you help me out, maybe cut & paste where it says that part about letting livestock roam on pasture is criminal?

I see the part about not needing a warrant to euthanize (they simply say "kill") animals that are crippled, sick, etc. if the owner can't be found immediately. They include "in fields". Honestly, if an animal is suffering greatly and an owner can't be found, I'd have to say most of the time this is a good policy. This is why it's good to have emergency numbers posted so someone can be contacted who can make an informed decision for your animals.

But I didn't really read through word for word very closely, so again if you can point me to the part where I need to get my hat ready I will

But seriously, we look at states like NY and CA and think, well, they're crazy (no offense, it's not all of ya, but the ratios are bad) but we can't assume it's just going to stay that way.

2 members found this post helpful.

Let's see the bills Fairfax, not that I think you might make an exaggeration.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Yes please. Because if the bills are as reported by Fairfax, they are an obvious and blatant violation of the Federal Constitution, a violation of due process.

11 members found this post helpful.

To be fair, he did call on the Tinfoil Hatters

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Coanteen View Post
    To be fair, he did call on the Tinfoil Hatters
    LOL very true And there I go, posting reasons and logic. Wrong thread obviously!

9 members found this post helpful.

I just read the amendment changes to AB 1117 and I did not read of any taking. The changes relate to injured animals.

I read the amendment not the interpretation by other person.

Blah blah blah.......................

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

I took this from Black Horse AS IS. You can research on your own as to the bills. Liz is well known for her accuracy in research so I am willing to take what she says until it is absolutely proven wrong

1 members found this post helpful.

If y'all learned to read...I did not put in any comments of my own...they are all from the original poster on A Black Horse Forum, Hot Topics, Our World Page 12

http://www.naturalnews.com/035372_Mi...m_freedom.html

You complain I clip and paste and then when I won't do all of your research for you you complain again.

You posted it Fairfax, you should have done the research first. Otherwise, you're just a fear monger posting possibly inaccurate information.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

20 members found this post helpful.

Uh oh, is the sky falling... AGAIN?

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    If y'all learned to read...I did not put in any comments of my own...they are all from the original poster on A Black Horse Forum, Hot Topics, Our World Page 12

http://www.naturalnews.com/035372_Mi...m_freedom.html

You complain I clip and paste and then when I won't do all of your research for you you complain again.
    Are you saying you copy/pasted a post by someone else posted on another board to COTH?
    I thought that was verboten here at COTH?

You posted it Fairfax, you should have done the research first. Otherwise, you're just a fear monger posting possibly inaccurate information.
    But Laura, Liz is well known for her accuracy! Well known!

Apparently Fairfax's Google is broken...

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/...ntroduced.html

Amendment:
    http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/...d_asm_v98.html

THAT was hard.... Does this make me a better researcher than Liz? As good as?

AB 1117 is already law. Likely what is being used to seize JB horses.

I am going to adderess a group of you here

You NEVER start a thread. You never appearto read anything except COTH and maybe one other forum as your attacks on everyone are consistent in their style and wordage.

You would never invent the wheel or anything. BUT you would be busy stating why it doesn't work...without even trying

Exchanging from another forum...if that is not okay../then take it down.

Laura...I don't believe I have EVER read any post from you that demonstrated YOU had ever done any research. All I read is you blah blah blah...prove it prove it. I remember providing you with a link on anothger thread and you just "dropped the issue" as it verified what I had stated. About 15 more pages and I referred to the same point and you ... again...demanded proof...you don't even bother to read anything.

Coanteen...thank you for posting with your typical sarcasm. I have worked with lLiz and I have also watched her work on other projects. To those of us who actually DO try and make a difference or at least alert people...we tend to know each other. I have many contacts from AQHA, TB, Morgan, Arab, ASB Paint, Pinto, Appy who also work on similar concerns as they affect their breed. Maybe if you did something rather than just blast away...tou too could make a difference

And Last...if you don't like what I post...don't read...if you do..and post...be prepared to receive return fire.

angela..or more formal...Ms Whatever...it only takes a couple of clicks to go to Black horse...I even gave you the routing.

Lazy is as Lazy does

This link works. Those who can not get to it...try a refresh and regoogle.

angela..or more formal...Ms Whatever...it only takes a couple of clicks to go to Black horse...I even gave you the routing.

Lazy is as Lazy does
    Why would I go to another forum, particularly to find a post sandwiched between garbage about The evil unChristian Obama, and more Benghazi gobbledegook ...even with your generous 'routing' [have you heard of a link?] to read what you apparently copied/pasted rather than go look at the actual bill and see for myself,... and why post someone elses digestion of the info rather than your own review and consideration? Or if Liz is the one with the insight who's read the bill, why not ask her to post it here?

You never appearto read anything except COTH and maybe one other forum
    How would you know what forums others READ?
    Last edited by Angela Freda; Feb. 10, 2013 at 08:03 PM.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    AB 1117 is already law. Likely what is being used to seize JB horses.
    JBhorses?