The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Wink KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!

So, we've pretty much confirmed at this point that Benedict Cumberbatch is playing "Khan" in "Star Trek Into Darkness". All the little hints from JJ and the writers/producers about the sequel going "all Wrath Of Khan" now that they had established the crew, the footage of "John Harrison" jumping around like a super-human, Karl Urban accidentally saying he was in fact playing "Khan", the lines in the trailer about him being better than Kirk at "Everything.", the shot in the trailer of the rows of what appear to be "sleeping tubes", and lastly, the caption data in the released images that said "Khan" but were later removed once they were found. From what we see in the trailer and what has been made known so far by the film company, there's a massive terrorist attack on Earth and apparently this mysterious "John Harrison" is a one-man Godzilla who is behind it all. We know from the trailer that the Enterprise is going to get it's ass kicked and will suffer extensive damage, a crash into the ocean after hurtling through Earth's atmosphere, and that there's some serious action in this sequel. Any thoughts on how crazy this will be?
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

2 members found this post helpful.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

About as crazy as what the forum layout does when they have a title with this many characters in a row?

ETA- Thanks.
    Last edited by Renn/aissance; Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:50 AM.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

1 members found this post helpful.

Edit your title please, it seems to be screwing up the page alignments?

What I'm really curious about is whether or not they're going to stick to the original backstory from the TV series with the Eugenics War and all. Because what little I've heard so far suggests that they're not.

Of course, it has been made clear from the beginning that history has been changed by the events of the last movie - and I'm OK with that - so, one the one hand, there is no reason to expect things to be the same. On the other hand, in the original series, the Eugenics Wars took place in the 1990's, so they predate the events of the last movie, so should remain unchanged, right?

Yeah, I know. I'm overthinking things. In any event, I've already started rounding people up to go the the nearest I-Max to see it - assuming that it will open on I-Max like the last one did.

I don't plan to overthink it. I just plan to be there when it opens.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

I just googled Benedict. He's no Ricardo Monteban.

Quote Originally Posted by Judysmom View Post
    I still can't believe that he WAS Khan, muscles and all. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Judysmom View Post
    LOL, some of my friends were thrilled about the casting: "Ooooooooo, Benedict Cumberbatch! (swoon)" My reaction was the same as yours, though: He's no Ricardo Montalban.

Yeah, i don't get the cumberbatch attraction either, but i'll definitely be seeing this (in a theater, where i rarely go anymore because they're so expensive).

Oops this is a reply to Lex.

Yeah, for sure. But I thought he was perfect! And there are rumours that the 6 pack was fake lol. Don't care too much now. Ugh I saw that movie in the theater. Hands down my favorite Star Trek movie.

I heard he wasn't going to be Khan. I hope he isn't. He is way too nerdy to be Khan...I have a hard time buying him as Sherlock, to be honest, but my daughter thinks he's dreamy, so it must be a generational thing.

I loved Ricardo Montalban in that movie.

See, I think the 'batch is great as Sherlock, at least the way he's portrayed in that particular series.

I follow Simon Pegg on twitter, he was good for teasers and spoilers all during filming. My lips are sealed.
    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.

Ohh, Sherlock is an amazing show. I love Benedict in that; I think it will be interesting to see him in STID.

Could be Khan, I've also heard Gary Mitchell tossed around as a possibility.

I don't think it's Gary Mitchell since he's already been introduced in the comics that take place before the upcoming film which is six months after the first film ends as far as the timeline goes.

I just did a little more googling, says Benicio del Toro turned down the villian role. That's too bad, he would have been a fabulous Khan. Mmmm Benicio del Toro mmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by charismaryllis View Post
    Yeah, i don't get the cumberbatch attraction either, but i'll definitely be seeing this (in a theater, where i rarely go anymore because they're so expensive).
    I don't think he's really attractive, but there's something about him when he's on screen.

Really excited for this movie! This and Iron Man 3.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

I am having a tough time with the new movie series. One of the things I always loved about Star Trek was it was thought provoking. Too much punching, not enough plot for my taste in the first one.

J. J. Abrams will also be directing the new Star Wars movie for Disney. I'm not optimistic.
    See those flying monkeys? They work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by charismaryllis View Post
    I never got the Cumberbatch attraction either (my sister loves him) but after I watched the entire Sherlock series I totally get it now. I can't say I'm super attracted to him but he is absolutely magnetic on the screen. I'm sure he will do a good job in the role

New trailer is out. All I can say is "Holy ****!" I don't quite know what the plot is yet but this movie has some epic space battles and Kirk and The Enterprise get their asses beaten by Cumberbatch's Harrison. He doesn't just fight them, he crushes them like hapless insects under the heel of a sadistic 12-year old.

"He is way too nerdy to be Khan..."

Brainy is the new sexy.
    And this is the story of your red right ankle.