The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Guilherme View Post
    She was quite surprised, as much of what he says in the U.S. is not said overseas.
    Perhaps that's why Hess did this? He didn't really know all the crap associated with the Parelli's?

As for the O'Connors, I don't think they're advertising that they worked with PP in the past. Seems like something they'd rather not talk about.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Eventer13 View Post
    Perhaps that's why Hess did this? He didn't really know all the crap associated with the Parelli's?

As for the O'Connors, I don't think they're advertising that they worked with PP in the past. Seems like something they'd rather not talk about.
    Perhaps they ALL did it because they don't give a mouse's backside about the Dressage Queens here and elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by 7HL View Post
    formal lessons??? Pure Dressage Queen who knows not what she speaks. I am "Laughing at Your Ignorance"

I have seen many a DQ affraid of their horse and not know how to handle them. Take them out of the ring and they are lost. Generalization, yes! Most of what is posted is the same old rehash of anti-Parelli talking points.
    Oh well, Personal attacks are your MO I forgot. And your assumption that I am a Dressage rider is just that!.
    I do believe it was someone else I was quoting. Amazing~
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    Oh well, Personal attacks are your MO I forgot. And your assumption that I am a Dressage rider is just that!.
    I do believe it was someone else I was quoting. Amazing~
    If you are not a dressage rider, then you can to join in with the anti-Parelli posts?

The attack as you put it, aren't personal. You posts are just a joke.

If you are not a dressage rider, then you can to join in with the anti-Parelli posts?

The attack as you put it, aren't personal. You posts are just a joke.
    What exactly are you trying to convey?? What posts are you referring to?
    Well if the posts are a joke please enlighten us with your sage wisdom.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

There is no longer a thumbs down icon to click, but I have found that the "ignore poster" feature works wonderfully. This person is a great candidate; probably a troll and, for heaven's sake, clearly functionally illiterate in the English language.
    "Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain" ~Friedrich Schiller

5 members found this post helpful.

Oh, come on.
    Don't you know 7 takes a leave of his senses when the Parellis are being discussed?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    Oh, come on.
    Don't you know 7 takes a leave of his senses when the Parellis are being discussed?!
    Thanks! After reviewing some of his posts, I have realized that Alagirl~

There are a couple of posters on this thread that I have on ignore status.

They could be quoting and arguing with me all day long, but I won't see it.

I love the ignore function, and I've only put a small handful on the list. If I spent more time on COTH, I think I'd be adding to it, but I'm doing good to check a couple of times a week....and only a thread or two usually.

Quote Originally Posted by SaddleFitterVA View Post

I love the ignore function, and I've only put a small handful on the list. If I spent more time on COTH, I think I'd be adding to it, but I'm doing good to check a couple of times a week....and only a thread or two usually.
    Thanks for that folks, I completely forgot about the ignore feature!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    Oh, come on.
    Yes I do... Sitting back drinking grape koolaid, eating some of that lasagna from Europe made with horsemeat. Looking at some products made from horsehide. Wondering what is the meaning of all this.

Yes I do... Sitting back drinking grape koolaid, eating some of that lasagna from Europe made with horsemeat. Looking at some products made from horsehide. Wondering what is the meaning of all this.
    LOL, you should join Fairfax, he has wine and cheese!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclectic Horseman View Post
    There is no longer a thumbs down icon to click, but I have found that the "ignore poster" feature works wonderfully. This person is a great candidate; probably a troll and, for heaven's sake, clearly functionally illiterate in the English language.

I agree they should have kept the thumbs down. Too many people got their egos bruised so the MODs got rid of it.

Some folks could do with a large helping of ego bruising.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Can I add 'snacking on fire roasted minis and sending slaughter pamplets to rescue organizations' to that list of debauchery?

4 members found this post helpful.

Proud owner of one Lunar acre! (Campanus Crater, The Moon)

Quote Originally Posted by SaddleFitterVA View Post

I'm SO with you on this one!
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

See, what really riles me up is the fact that someone who has NEVER ridden a dressage test in front of a judge thinks she's qualified to "teach" someone who has competed at the highest levels of the sport. Wonder if JJ knew that was what she was signing up for, or if she thought she would just be riding with de Kuffney, Hess, etc.?

Hell, maybe I should give Steffen Peters a call and see if he would like me to give him a riding lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle View Post
    See, what really riles me up is the fact that someone who has NEVER ridden a dressage test in front of a judge thinks she's qualified to "teach" someone who has competed at the highest levels of the sport. Wonder if JJ knew that was what she was signing up for, or if she thought she would just be riding with de Kuffney, Hess, etc.?

Hell, maybe I should give Steffen Peters a call and see if he would like me to give him a riding lesson.
    What even riles me more is that the USDF sanctioned it.

4 members found this post helpful.

[QUOTE=Frizzle;6835700]See, what really riles me up is the fact that someone who has NEVER ridden a dressage test in front of a judge thinks she's qualified to "teach" someone who has competed at the highest levels of the sport. Wonder if JJ knew that was what she was signing up for, or if she thought she would just be riding with de Kuffney, Hess, etc.?

Hell, maybe I should give Steffen Peters a call and see if he would like me to give him a riding lesson. [/Q]

Maybe, but professional athletics are rife with instances of average to good players becoming great coaches and teachers. I'd not hold lack of specific "test experience" against her. I would want to see examples of her students doing well. Personally, I'm not impressed by the one time I saw her in person (she and The Great Parelli spent all their time praising each other and declaring their endless love; I want to yell "GET A ROOM!!!"). Her success, which determines her value, is actually subject to objective verification. Anybody do that?

You can spend a purple fortune with Pat et al. and get some good information. The problem is that you have spend a lot of time "picking the pepper out of the fly dung." And you could get the same benefit by working with a good, local coach for far less money.

It's well known that "a fool and his money are soon parted." If USDF chooses to play the part of the fool then that's on them (and the members who don't ask for a full accounting by the leadership who made the decision).

G.
    Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

I agree they should have kept the thumbs down. Too many people got their egos bruised so the MODs got rid of it.
    To Mods PLEASE bring back the thumbs down.
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

7 members found this post helpful.