The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

My guess is that Parelli has been paid (in some fashion) by people like the O'Connors, Zettl, etc. to show them how to market themselves. Like him or not, Parelli makes money, and I think that is what attracts other trainers to him. You will note that the folks who have no money troubles (like Anky, Gal, Werth, Klimke, etc.) don't seem to bother with Parelli or any of his multi-level marketing counterparts.
    "Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain" ~Friedrich Schiller

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilherme View Post
    "Money talks and BS walks?"

PP has been active internationally, also. Made a big pitch to Marchador owners in Brazil last year. A friend of mine down there was "smitten" and wrote to me about him. I sent her a number of links where she could get "inoculated" against "Pareliitis." She was quite surprised, as much of what he says in the U.S. is not said overseas. Sometimes this internet stuff is actually useful.

G.
    well, lost in translation...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 7HL View Post
    catwalk

cat·walk

n.
    A narrow, often elevated walkway, as on
    the sides of a bridge or in the flies above a theater stage.

Did searching as you suggested.... like this one found here:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1180632AAySoUn

How do you tell when a Dressage Queen is dead?

She's still stiff as a board, but her horse looks happy.
    what happened to Linda?!
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by mbm View Post
    well, i just lost respect for hess. can't believe he participated in that. what a joke.

and the vid of LP riding and "lecturing" is just sad. she should learn to ride before she starts giving lessons.
    What? You don't know that Hess has done a video series with LP. The Training Pyramid or something? There was a sneak preview on RFTV with, I must say, some lovely riders (not Parellis).

LOL Airhorse, I was talking about the end of the video when he's done and walking toward the camera.
    "I've spent most of my life riding horses. The rest I've just wasted". - Anonymous

I have the answer to the "Can you Pirouette?!" video ...

The answer is: JJ Tate can, Pat cannot.

Pat's horse is cantering (if you want to call it that) a little circle

Of course the Parelli devotees won't know the difference.

Skallywag, this means you.

8 members found this post helpful.

Go read some of the comments. Especially on the ground work vids.

"Oh I can use this for when my OWN TB runs away from me on the lunge."

"You dont need to start small and calm in a corner!!!!" (thats the running around one with a tb for an hour after someone asked why not start in a area for control)

"There is the power position"

"That power position really works"

"God Bless Pat!"

"Thank God for Pat!"

"How lucky you are to have Pat's help"

And that is just ONE video.

The guy gives a lunging lesson that is debatable at best and there is worship at his feet.

I mean we all have our favorites but its a lunge lesson people! LOL

I mean he could have used the porta-potty and people would be like "No one can do it like Pat" "Pat for president!"
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~
    http://www.off-breed-dressage.blogspot.com/

4 members found this post helpful.

I am not sure I understand the reasoning of:

1. I perceive this person as an expert.
    2. This person thinks well of Parelli.
    3. This person is no longer an expert in my eyes because he thinks well of Parelli?

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by paulaedwina View Post
    I am not sure I understand the reasoning of:

1. I perceive this person as an expert.
    2. This person thinks well of Parelli.
    3. This person is no longer an expert in my eyes because he thinks well of Parelli?

Paula
    No. For me it is like, " 3. This expert will team up with and promote a person who is dressage ignorant and teaches bad dressage for the sake of money." Such a person is a hypocrite in my eyes, and his advice cannot be trusted.
    "Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain" ~Friedrich Schiller

7 members found this post helpful.

Linda P. has zero street cred in dressage. I am beyond peeved that the USDF has gotten into bed with the Parellis. I don't care if no money exchanged hands - I was told it was advertising only. USDF credits for a wannabe teaching us 'the game of contact'? You have got to be kidding me. All she is teaching is the 'game of snatching the reins out of the hands'.
    I understand the economy stinks. I understand the USDF is looking for more income streams. I understand the Parellis have a marketing machine. I do not understand how there was not some voice of reason at the USDF who was able to say 'stop'.
    There are several hundred capable dressage professionals in this country who are more deserving of support from our national organization than these snake oil salesmen.
    Sorry, USDF. Epic fail by my measurement.

14 members found this post helpful.

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/im...quote_icon.png Originally Posted by lorilu http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/im...post-right.png
    So, has anyone checked centerline scores to see if Linda Parelli has any scores? Isn't that the standard many of us use when searching for a dressage trainer?

OOPS_- "no horse or rider found". Gee.

L
    Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    MEANY
    Yeah I know, expecting them to not only talk the talk but walk the walk is just too much.

I will say, though, that a few friends play wonderful games with their horses - I have never seen horses so tuned in to the person on the ground, no matter the distractions.....
    That said, none of them ride dressage beyond First level at schooling shows.

Dressage is just different, I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by Eclectic Horseman View Post
    No. For me it is like, " 3. This expert will team up with and promote a person who is dressage ignorant and teaches bad dressage for the sake of money." Such a person is a hypocrite in my eyes, and his advice cannot be trusted.
    I see. I feel you.

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

Well JJ Tate posted on her facebook status a few weeks ago that she was "waiting to be inspired" when she watched the warmup at the Dressage Masters. Well, that explains it because Steffan certainly doesn't ride like Pat or Linda lol.
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

Tickets to go are $195. Methinks this has something to do with why the seats are empty.
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

Seems to me only the Parelli/NH people would have been attracted to this event. The serious dressage folks would have been more inclined to attend the Global Dressage Forum NA instead. And since Christoph Hess was already in FL to participate in GDFNA, I guess he thought he may as well pick up some extra $$$ by participating in the Parelli event.

As for Zettl, God only knows how bad LP would be if he hadn't been helping her from time to time. Alos, he is getting up there in age and has health/medical issues - I am sure extra $$$ are welcome in that household, also.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMare01 View Post
    Tickets to go are $195. Methinks this has something to do with why the seats are empty.
    I would have happily paid that amount to see the event had the PP's not been there or sponsored it. I don't think it was the cost that kept people away.
    Last edited by js; Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:58 AM.

4 members found this post helpful.

well, lost in translation...
    Probably not. That would suggest error on Parelli's part. From her descriptions of the presentations there was no error, just intentional omission.

This is the best movie analogy I know of that sets out the basis of Parelliism/Parelliitis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUh5IShNwXo

G.
    Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

Quote Originally Posted by skallywag View Post
    And a heckuva lot DO ride!

That is part of the beauty of it.. Horsemanship is wayyyyy more than riding! It's about having fun, with BOTH riding and not riding...
    You talk about horses being bored and ruined... You have not a clue! I realize no matter what I have to say many, no, most here, dislike Parelli and nothing will ever change that no matter what.. It's a sad for you and sadder for your horses...

I have seen enough of your closed minds and poor attitudes... You are not worth any more of my time here.. Ill just sit on the sidelines and read and laugh at your ignorance!
    I am slapping myself for opening this thread, BUT, I am sure many Parelli people do ride. I have seen far too many who have sat on their horses a hand full of times and spend most of the time playing the so called games.
    Most of these people have never had formal lessons with a trainer with actual knowledge and experience. They got into horses recently and have nothing but the PP videos to fall back on, with no real knowledge of horsemanship.
    If you truly understood Dressage, you would not "Laugh at our Ignorance" as you say.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilherme View Post
    Probably not. That would suggest error on Parelli's part. From her descriptions of the presentations there was no error, just intentional omission.

This is the best movie analogy I know of that sets out the basis of Parelliism/Parelliitis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUh5IShNwXo

G.

he is a marketing genius!

(I hope I am not giving the impression I am impressed by the Parellies...aside from their marketing genius. Most of what I have seen from them would have earned me a solid rap over the head with said vegetable stick for being unfair and bad horsemanship)

he is a marketing genius!

(I hope I am not giving the impression I am impressed by the Parellies...aside from their marketing genius. Most of what I have seen from them would have earned me a solid rap over the head with said vegetable stick for being unfair and bad horsemanship)
    He is...and you're not.

G.
    Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    I am slapping myself for opening this thread, BUT, I am sure many Parelli people do ride. I have seen far too many who have sat on their horses a hand full of times and spend most of the time playing the so called games.
    Most of these people have never had formal lessons with a trainer with actual knowledge and experience. They got into horses recently and have nothing but the PP videos to fall back on, with no real knowledge of horsemanship.
    If you truly understood Dressage, you would not "Laugh at our Ignorance" as you say.

formal lessons??? Pure Dressage Queen who knows not what she speaks. I am "Laughing at Your Ignorance"

I have seen many a DQ affraid of their horse and not know how to handle them. Take them out of the ring and they are lost. Generalization, yes! Most of what is posted is the same old rehash of anti-Parelli talking points.
    "Have a Coke and a Smile"