The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Look up dressage summit on facebook or try this one

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...DressageSummit
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~
    http://www.off-breed-dressage.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by NOMIOMI1 View Post
    "Christoph Hess calls Pat Parelli, philosopher and Professor Pat Parelli"

Can it get any more bizarre?
    Not much.
    I.D.E.A. yoda

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by NOMIOMI1 View Post
    Here is a hot horse they labled

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=3&theater

After watching this and the Charles de Kunffy vid I was wondering if it was a competition of who has the longest reins?

......So so sad.
    The 'hot' horse is merely running off its feet, rather than being put between the aids. (And for what it is worth hot horses would be introverts not extroverts...if of course I believed that #$$#(& )

I mean really everyone in the world is not going to be ridden for years w/o contact? Fdo/chewing the reins from the hand is a TEST of correct contact, and a way of allowing the back to swing. Riding w/o connect is merely avoiding the connection, and when running the horse off the feet VERY problematic for the horse's soundness. Western Pleasure dressage. I want horses active/open/free/ridden according to the rules, but this is SO far from it.

The entire thing reminds me of a brothel....
    I.D.E.A. yoda

7 members found this post helpful.

This whole thing can be summed up quite simply...

"Dressage: Yer Doin' it Wrong."

11 members found this post helpful.

Overbent and leaning, yuck. Would love to have seen the horse beforehand to know why this was prescribed as a solution. Looked to me like if you let him move in balance and teach him about half-halts, he would be fine.

There is a USDF banner on the fence, was this actually a USDF program or one that qualified for university credit?

The only good thing about the video is to see the bleachers were empty, at least on one side.

Just shoot me now.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

10 members found this post helpful.

Sponsored by USDF (among others), yes indeed!

Though the website claims, "approved by USDF".

The world must be about to end--LP is wearing a HELMET!!! (Wait, doesn't that mean that her horse isn't well-trained? )
    Last edited by Frizzle; Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:33 PM.

12 members found this post helpful.

Fabulous plan to find some europeans of merit to put a stamp on this charismatic ignorance....

4 members found this post helpful.

So, I sort of get Walter Z. hooking up with the P's, I would assume he is in need of some $$ and selling out to the P's is the quickest route.
    Why would JJ Tate be a part of this?????

Just from the pictures on FB, there doesn't appear to be much of a crowd considering the number of big name people that were involved. How is dressage in the US supposed to be taken seriously if we have the PP's getting in the mix?

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by XTAC View Post
    So, I sort of get Walter Z. hooking up with the P's, I would assume he is in need of some $$ and selling out to the P's is the quickest route.
    According to her website, she trained with Walter Zettl and her mentor is Charles de kunffy.
    *soupir*

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by XTAC View Post
    Why not send send her a note and ask her???

http://www.team-tatedressage.com/contact/

2 members found this post helpful.

I'd be more interested to know why USDF approved session with Linda Parelli.

Who's paying for it?

I'd be interested to know how anyone here is even remotely qualified to talk about anything. Also to comment about an event that you are not attending. Whole thread sounds like a group of jealous weekend hackers complaining.

6 members found this post helpful.

Oh, and a judge or two as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    Those martingales were so taut, you could play Ode to Joy on them with a comb

4 members found this post helpful.

This is exactly why we need instructors to be certified through an actual process so big "names" matter very little in terms of knowledge and actual ability to instruct based off experience. Instead of being word vs. word (fans vs people who know better) actual accomplished people could qualify who new confused people should be listening to.

USDF is in it for the money so who actually is still in it for the dressage?

I look at most Natural Horsemanship techniques and instructors as something that is good to know.

I decided long ago that before I completely dismiss the NH stuff/Parelli, I would at least be educated about it.

I don't like all of the PNH methods, nor am I a fan of most of the equipment, but I do think that the 7 Games are good "tests". All people should be able to run though those with their equine partner without too much fuss. If there is difficulty, perhaps a hole exists in handling habits.

That said, I was not blown away by the couple of video clips that I watched.

And, as for JJ Tate riding in the clinic? Why not? She is willing to learn things, and even if she doesn't choose to use them in her daily riding and training, she'll have possibly learned something. I'll keep riding with her when I can, as she is an excellent instructor and even better, an all around horsewoman, not just a rider.

Perhaps there is something in the PNH program besides marketing and ground work. The O'Connors spent time with them, and they weren't exactly newbies.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SaddleFitterVA View Post
    I look at most Natural Horsemanship techniques and instructors as something that is good to know.

I decided long ago that before I completely dismiss the NH stuff/Parelli, I would at least be educated about it.

I don't like all of the PNH methods, nor am I a fan of most of the equipment, but I do think that the 7 Games are good "tests". All people should be able to run though those with their equine partner without too much fuss. If there is difficulty, perhaps a hole exists in handling habits.

That said, I was not blown away by the couple of video clips that I watched.

And, as for JJ Tate riding in the clinic? Why not? She is willing to learn things, and even if she doesn't choose to use them in her daily riding and training, she'll have possibly learned something. I'll keep riding with her when I can, as she is an excellent instructor and even better, an all around horsewoman, not just a rider.

Perhaps there is something in the PNH program besides marketing and ground work. The O'Connors spent time with them, and they weren't exactly newbies.

FINALLY, A person on this forum with common sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle View Post
    The world must be about to end--LP is wearing a HELMET!!! (Wait, doesn't that mean that her horse isn't well-trained? )
    That was my first thought too. I was sure it could not be her if they were wearing a helmet. Clearly she must have been expecting her horse to not behave or something.

1 members found this post helpful.