Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    City of delusion in the state of total denial

Quote Originally Posted by SlamDunk View Post
    Well to be fair I'm a vegetarian, which many avid meat eaters think is insane. I had someone from high school ask how I was still alive
    Fair enough- but you like a veggie burger better than a big portobello mushroom cap? That's my preference when I'm pretending I'm not a carnivore. Cooked well, served with either herb cheese or a little aioli. Yum!
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Renn/aissance View Post
    Fair enough- but you like a veggie burger better than a big portobello mushroom cap? That's my preference when I'm pretending I'm not a carnivore. Cooked well, served with either herb cheese or a little aioli. Yum!
    Yup! I actually hate mushrooms, me and my sister would tell my parents that Mushrooms were a fungus not a vegetable, therefore we were exempt from eating them.

Quote Originally Posted by SlamDunk View Post
    Yup! I actually hate mushrooms, me and my sister would tell my parents that Mushrooms were a fungus not a vegetable, therefore we were exempt from eating them.
    This carnivore thinks you're bizarre for not liking a vegetable. Fair enough, more shrooms for me!
    - Harry Dresden

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

I always thought you were a herbivore. That's what I remember from your dating profile.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

I'm a carnivore, but I could absolutely LIVE on wild mushrooms in any form. Given a choice I would give up good meat for mushrooms. I must be a fungusoid.

Anything from Sketch Burger in Philadelphia. Absolutely the very best burgers I've ever eaten! Awesome fries and the baked goods are out of this world. The owner is one of my college friends and she has a the cooking equivalent of a green thumb.
    Equine Ink - My soapbox for equestrian writings & reviews.
    EquestrianHow2 - Operating instructions for your horse.

this reminds me--the best burger i ever had was at jason's in westwood los angelos back in the late seventies.
    the burgers were thin and really big. a double cheeseburger was so good, deliciouly greasy with american cheese and a big soft fried bun with fried onions.
    i wonder if it's still there.

The very best burger I've ever had cannot be duplicated, I'm afraid...

My parents have a small herd of beef cattle. Their very first cow they bought was a small pregnant jersey cow; she had a little steer (whom we named Norman) shortly after they bought her. Jerseys are known for having very rich milk, so Norman was very well-fed.

The problem with Norman was, he never STOPPED nursing. He was butchered as a 3-year old and was milk-fed until the day he, erm, "went to freezer camp." My parents dry-age all their beef for ~2 weeks for maximum flavor, but on top of that, Norman tasted like freaking BUTTER.

That beef, from burger to T-bone, was unlike any beef I have ever had before or since..... Kobe ain't got nothin' on an overindulgent Jersey-cow mama....
    *friend of bar.ka

"Evidently, I am an unrepentant b*tch, possible trouble maker, and all around super villian"

Greasy little sliders from Hunter House.

http://www.hunterhousehamburgers.com/?page_id=12

~ Horse Box Lovers Clique ~

OMG cnvh that reminds me of Labor Day!

Not the holiday, but the pig. I had clients (back when I was still a true "pony fixer" in Northern VA) who bought a pig to slaughter on Labor Day, and thus he was named. Problem was, the stinker was so cute. And he got out of his pen one day and ran around with the dogs. After that, he just ran with the dogs always. He learned to sit for Milk Bones. He thought he was a dog.

They decided they couldn't slaughter poor Labor Day, because now he was a pet--he was family. I reminded them that he would be an 800-1000 lb loose pig one day. When he got to about 400 lbs they finally caved and had him butchered.

That was the best friggin' sausage I have ever put in my mouth.
    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.

Another Smashburger fan! When I was pregnant they closed the road between my house and Smashburger. I think my husband considered moving. I had a cheeseburger thing while pregnant and sometimes ate them for lunch and dinner. I'm only 3 years later getting back into eating them.

I love BBQ sauce on them, but will try just about anything. Teriyaki pineapple sounds good and we have a Red Robin in town. I might have to stop by!

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Five Guys. Never had anything all that great from them here in VA. Always overly greasy and not big meaty burgers from what I remember.
    Au contraire Lex! I work for Five Guys, head of HR, and I challenge you to try Five Guys again! I can tell you it is a very big burger and has been ranked as a very tasty burger!

I will buy you a Five Guys meal from one of our corporate stores in the DC area and let's see what you think now!

In all seriousness it is a great company with fantastic family owners. It is the five sons and the mom and dad. I have been with them for 6 years and the growth we have seen has been amazing. We have over 1100 stores across the US, we are in Canada and will be opening our first store in the UK this summer.

The last time I ate at Five Guys was years ago and it was the Herndon/Reston location. In the spirit of COTHness, I accept your challenge and will get lunch from one of the three stores nearest my home - none of which I have EVER been to before as they are relatively new locations - tomorrow. I shall order a Bacon Cheeseburger, the way I like it, and you shall know - oh yes, you shall know - if it is not to my satisfaction! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

The DC area has a mix of franchise and corporate so I would love to point you in the direction of one I can confidently recommend! We have extremely high standards on quality, guest experience and cleanliness but corporate is held to an even higher standard.

And definitely let me know! We are now offering a little fry as well so not the big bagful. We will meet your challenge! I promise you!

I look to Five Guys when I want a fix for a filling burger but I wouldn't necessarily rank it among the best I've ever had. Sometimes you just need a big greasy nothing-fancy cheeseburger, though, and they're just the ticket. The fries are awesome too.

PiedPiper, I wonder if you could point me towards franchise vs. corporate-owned Five Guys in the Baltimore area? I'm curious if I can taste a difference.

Over the weekend, went to Gordon Biersch at Tyson's Corner and very much enjoyed their BBQ bacon cheeseburger. Garlic fries were good too. But the fried artichokes were the best part.
    - Harry Dresden

Quote Originally Posted by PiedPiper View Post
    The DC area has a mix of franchise and corporate so I would love to point you in the direction of one I can confidently recommend! We have extremely high standards on quality, guest experience and cleanliness but corporate is held to an even higher standard.

And definitely let me know! We are now offering a little fry as well so not the big bagful. We will meet your challenge! I promise you!
    I can cover the Fairfax area which includes the Lorton and Springfield locations as well as several within the Fairfax City area.

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Here is my ideal burger.....

A buttered golden brown white bread bun, two 1/3lb seasoned Angus beef patties, shredded lettuce, three strips of applewood smoked bacon between the patties, two slices of American cheese covering the patties, mayo on the top, and hickory bbq sauce on the bottom. Served with seasoned fries.

What's yours?
    Toasted bun
    beef patty
    cheese (jalapeno or cheddar depending on my mood)
    applewood smoked bacon
    sweet onion
    1 fried egg
    lettuce
    tomato
    avocado
    ketchup
    mayo
    +
    stella/Woodchuck pear beer mix in a frosty mug

At a restaurant on a pier--overlooking the lake/ocean.
    Play me some Jimmy Buffett
    bam!
    take me home cause I'm a happy girl.
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

Oddly enough, there are no Cheeseburger In Paradise restaurants by the sea. The closest one to the ocean, in Myrtle Beach, is half a mile from the beachfront.

Quote Originally Posted by cnvh View Post
    The very best burger I've ever had cannot be duplicated, I'm afraid...

My parents have a small herd of beef cattle. Their very first cow they bought was a small pregnant jersey cow; she had a little steer (whom we named Norman) shortly after they bought her. Jerseys are known for having very rich milk, so Norman was very well-fed.

The problem with Norman was, he never STOPPED nursing. He was butchered as a 3-year old and was milk-fed until the day he, erm, "went to freezer camp." My parents dry-age all their beef for ~2 weeks for maximum flavor, but on top of that, Norman tasted like freaking BUTTER.

That beef, from burger to T-bone, was unlike any beef I have ever had before or since..... Kobe ain't got nothin' on an overindulgent Jersey-cow mama....
    Looks like his spirit is still with you:

http://www.agweb.com/blog/Rubes_Cart...MTc4Mjg4Nzg1S0

Quote Originally Posted by Pony Fixer View Post
    I miss burgers. I'm gluten free--there is no such thing as a "good" GF bun. It's surprising how integral a good bun is to a good burger. Sigh.
    A good bun is a beautiful thing, but I can handle a great burger in a romaine lettuce wrap!
    VP Horse & Carriage Association of NYC

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-F...ref=ts&fref=ts