The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question SmartPak no longer offering price match?

Has anyone else heard about this? Or has anyone successfully tried to price match in the past week?
    Equestrian At Hart - My Blog - adventures of a big opinionated BWP

They do still price match is my understanding but will not do it if the item is on sale. It must be regularly sold at a particular price. I wanted to order some FITS breeches and they would not match the Dover sales price.

I just called a bit ago and apparently they stopped offering it 1-2 weeks ago?

When did you call in if you don't mind me asking?
    Equestrian At Hart - My Blog - adventures of a big opinionated BWP

oh no!!! say it isn't so....

I would be surprised to hear they don't price match. The last price match they honored for me was in December 2012. However, while they did price match the Dublin River Boots I found elsewhere, they did not match the free delivery date guarantee that the other online vendor did.

In retrospect, I wish I had selected the other vendor because the boots arrived later, but I wanted to stay true to my SmartPak loyalty...and to be fair, I did not press the delivery issue with SP.

That being said, it's always a good idea to ask before one makes an assumption since SP usually jumps through hoops to keep customers happy and I don't see them becoming complacent.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

They have excellent customer service - Just call them and ask....

They price matched for me last year on a pair of FITs that were $10 cheaper on Adams, both offered free shipping.

All the price match verbiage has disappeared from their policies and help section.

I just got off the phone with one of the reps and I was told they nixed price matching completely about a week ago.
    - D.O.

Quote Originally Posted by DisputeOver View Post
    I just got off the phone with one of the reps and I was told they nixed price matching completely about a week ago.
    I called about two weeks ago, when the verbiage was still on web pages, and got the no-more-price-matching information, as well.
    *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

I wonder why... I've never used price matching before, but it's a nice thing to offer.
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.

Their extremely generous return and 100% satisfaction policies (where you can return a monogramed item, for example) must be pretty expensive for them.

So perhaps they are banking on the fact that their excellent service and return policies will keep people coming back to them even though they could get something a little cheaper elsewhere.

I just bought the "Ultimate Ballistic" turnout sheet, even though other blankets were less expensive, BECAUSE OF the ten year guarantee. Happy to pay an extra $4 a year for a guaranteed ten year blanket.

1 members found this post helpful.

Did they say WHY they nixed the price matching? I wonder if nixing it will drive people to purchase elsewhere for the same items....maybe if it's bad enough, they'll bring it back.