The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1 members found this post helpful.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Damn right it does. That's why I don't use it much. That picture definitely applies to the old people who just surf the net all day long, posting in flame wars on Facebook.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

I only have about 60 - 70 facebook friends at any given time. My best friend however has like 800. Mostly people from our high school. Sometimes I log into her account (she knows I have the password) and just creep around on the profiles of all the popular gals and guys we went to school with. It is both satisfying and very FOMO-inducing at the same time.

I have a minor crush on one of my profs so I check his FB profile once in awhile to see if he's changed his profile pic...but I'm also too paranoid about him finding it - you know how they always have those "find out who's looking at your page!" deals floating around - so I just type his name into the search bar without actually going to his page.

I might have a problem. I feel stalkerish every time i do it.

Quote Originally Posted by OTV View Post
    I have a minor crush on one of my profs so I check his FB profile once in awhile to see if he's changed his profile pic...but I'm also too paranoid about him finding it - you know how they always have those "find out who's looking at your page!" deals floating around - so I just type his name into the search bar without actually going to his page.

I might have a problem. I feel stalkerish every time i do it.
    Well, you do have a problem, but rest assured, even if you click into his profile, he's never going to know you looked at it.

Quote Originally Posted by theblondejumper View Post
    I only have about 60 - 70 facebook friends at any given time. My best friend however has like 800. Mostly people from our high school. Sometimes I log into her account (she knows I have the password) and just creep around on the profiles of all the popular gals and guys we went to school with. It is both satisfying and very FOMO-inducing at the same time.
    What's FOMO? Thankfully I went to a nice school with all the right opportunities and kinds of people ( I love saying that (it's true though)), and I'm not FB friends with any of them anyways, but I'm sure there's nothing scandalous. Susie Homemakers and PhDs, I'm sure.
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

One lady was complaining about another horse board that I am on on FB. She went on to say how she hated when she wanted to have an intelligant conversation with people and trolls get in the way.

I simply responded "I-N-T-E-L-L-I-G-E-N-T"
    Only two emotions belong in the saddle: One is a sense of humor. The other is patience.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    What's FOMO? Thankfully I went to a nice school with all the right opportunities and kinds of people ( I love saying that (it's true though)), and I'm not FB friends with any of them anyways, but I'm sure there's nothing scandalous. Susie Homemakers and PhDs, I'm sure.
    This is a good description: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/10/bu...ping.html?_r=0

Yea I split my high school time between smallish public high school and then very tiny upper class private school. I didn't really keep in touch with anyone aside from my best friend so I get to see what everyone else is up to without any need to add these people as my own friends!

And there were a few scandals! :P

I haven't really done anything bad but I am friends with some guys and girls that bullied me in high school and I mostly keep them on there because it's fun to see how badly they ruined their lives. I get a giggle whenever they post their baby daddy drama, talk about how they can't wait to start their new job at the McDonald's/ Taco Bell/Wendy's. My favorite was the one giving daily updates of his rehab stint. A few bragged about dropping out of college.

Normally I don't fret on the past, and find no pleasure in other people's misfortunes, but with the way they acted to me and other students, I can't help but be gleeful. And from the way the boast about their "successes" it's obvious that they are still very cocky and think they are the shit even though they have no reason to be.