The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Admit Your Nefarious Facebook Deeds!

I'll own mine. Last political season we were having a pretty good and well mannered debate on one of my best buddies posts. There was one gal with the last name "Bucholz" who was the sole idiot, the high drama douche canoe poster. She made a big stink about how she was leaving to go "make dinner for her family because her family was more IMPORTANT than Facebook and that is WHAT MATTERED but that she WAS NOT backpeddling and would be back to defend her position!!!!!1111 Eleventy!!!1111

When she did indeed come back I sincerely could not help but post "Oh hurrayyy!!! BUTT-holz is back!"

Yeah, she's my buddies sup at work I found out. I did apologize. Heh. BUTT-holz!
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

5 members found this post helpful.

gah the political threads/posts on fb were the worst... surprising how varied my friends' (mostly past classmates') views could be!
    I would defriend all of them, especially the ones that REALLY make my head spin, but i actually prefer to keep them around, just to get a 'reality' check for viewpoints that i can never imagine holding!
    Not really any nefarious deeds i can think of, unless you could the stalk-a-thons that occasionally happen...
    Every once in a while, a bad mood followed by just the *wrong* type of stalkathon (ie, feeling blue about a part of my life, fb stalk the people who *seem* to have that area of their lives all together....) just gets bad. I swear i need to get off fb forever and break free, yadda yadda. Then i go to bed I TRY not to get in those moods- or if i do, to step away from the self-marketing that is FB... but that's about the worst of it for me
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

I hardly ever post on Facebook, so I haven't really done anything nefarious. Yet.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

I only poke my Cali WoW buddy....man, I am tame...

( BUTT-holz, classic! )

I once got sufficiently annoyed by someone who liked to act helpless and whine all the time that I told her that I didn't think not having any work ethic counted as having a condition. I was not in a good mood...

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by supershorty628 View Post
    I once got sufficiently annoyed by someone who liked to act helpless and whine all the time that I told her that I didn't think not having any work ethic counted as having a condition. I was not in a good mood...
    HAHA!!!! How did that go over?
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

Whenever people post those stupid shared posts about the spider on the toilet seat or the aspartame/arsenic connection (or whatever else), I typically just comment with a link to the Snopes page disproving whatever they're sharing. I mean, really? You can't Google something first?

12 members found this post helpful.

One time I pulled a Facebook prank on my brother that turned out to be way more evil than I intended. In college we would always mess with people who stayed logged in- changing their political affiliation, relationship status, "looking for," etc. We'd post embarrassing status updates, and write funny things on other people's walls. Generally just do whatever to drive that person crazy. My brother was the meanest when he did it; one time he hacked into a friend's account and messaged the guy's ex-girlfriend asking if he could visit her in Europe. He left his account logged into my computer, so I really messed with him. My brother's a fairly homophobic conservative, so I changed his political affiliation to Democrat, his sexual orientation to gay, and joined a ton of groups that would drive him nuts, like lesbians against guns. I also posted a comment on my dad's wall as my brother, saying that he was bringing his boyfriend to dinner (my dad never is on FB, and if he had seen the comment he would have realized my brother got hacked). My brother found out within a day, and was thoroughly impressed by how well I hacked him. He deleted almost everything I did, but forgot to remove the comment on my dad's wall.

We all forgot about it, until my 89 year-old grandma called my dad, asking if he knew that my brother was gay. Apparently, my dad's crazy coke-head 60 year-old cousin had just became his FB friend, and saw the post that got left on my dad's wall. She is old and doesn't "get" Facebook, and couldn't tell it was a joke. So she called my grandma and told her (and who knows who else!). I almost peed my pants when I found out my prank made the whole family think my very conservative, straight brother was gay. My brother wasn't mad at me, and thought it was the best Facebook shaming ever.

2 members found this post helpful.

Some conservative Christians were discussing male and female roles, and male as head of household...blah blah, with Bible quotes. I keep 'em on there for the entertainment value and can't quite let go.

One of their comments was peppered with the word "alot", so I had to post the Hyperbole and a Half cartoon.

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.co...verything.html

4 members found this post helpful.

I haven't really done any nefarious deeds....
    I'm Atheist and more than half my friends are Mormon... I've lost a few friends to it. once in a while I'll share a photo or whatever and people will really get mad. I never post anything that attacks other beliefs. I'm a 'promote what you love, ignore what you hate' kind of person... unfortunately most of my friends are opposite.
    Eventers of the West
    A Facebook group I created for Eventers in the West Region of the U.S.
    Remy - My OTTB Gelding! Love him to pieces!

OMG am I boring. I'm careful what I post. I really don't want it to bite me in the behind at some inopportune moment. LOL
    I do love the gay brother hack job tho. EXCELLENT!!

I do the snopes thing, on a regular basis.

I also correct spelling, mostly the your/you're variety. I'm going to start doing it to people who are friends of friends, not people I know, just to be a you-know-what.

Beyond that... Nothing negarious. I did have some explorers (boy scouts only cooler ) leave their FBs open, so I changed the language settings to Pirate back when that was possible and posted children's songs as their status updates, such as "I'm a little tea pot, short and stout!" etc etc.
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

Quote Originally Posted by twotrudoc View Post
    HAHA!!!! How did that go over?
    Well, she defriended me and hasn't spoken to me since then, but that's perfectly fine with me!

I did the Snopes thing, until people started coming back and saying that Snopes is a liberal biased, conspiracy theorist website and can't be trusted (whatever.) -- So now I post links to original sources as well as FactCheck.org.
    To be loved by a horse should fill us with awe, for we hath not deserved it.

The worst thing I can think of was getting into a political debate with someone, which I almost never do, but I found her comments so freaking irritating that I couldn't help myself (she was one of those FB friends that was more acquaintance than friend, but she still ALWAYS popped up on my news feed, and her political comments were mind boggling). So, I picked the fight, went back and forth for awhile, then got so fed up with her viewpoint, and unfriended her. I have plenty of other people in my life who share her political leanings, but she just drove me quite literally to the point of insanity!

Typically, my mis-deeds are limited to obnoxiously tagging good friends in every thing I post. Which is hysterical to me (I'm a child, I can't help it).

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

I stay away from political discussions. I have seen too many blow ups. Luckily, I tend to surround myself with those who are like-minded and don't really care enough to make fights about it.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

I typically do, or keep it to a very minimum with the people I consider well educated and who I think may have put some thought into their viewpoints. This girl, however, did not, and I just snapped one day. It was highly entertaining. People were going to the conversation just to see what she would come up with next. But, I had to put a stop to myself shenanigans and needed immediate control. So I clicked "Unfriend." And I felt A LOT better after that!

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ridge View Post
    Whenever people post those stupid shared posts about the spider on the toilet seat or the aspartame/arsenic connection (or whatever else), I typically just comment with a link to the Snopes page disproving whatever they're sharing. I mean, really? You can't Google something first?
    It's challenging to post the corrective snopes or factcheck link, which I have done pretty often in the interest of not propagating trash, without unduly embarrassing the person who posted. Whenever something seems fantastic or scurrilous or is attributed to one of about a dozen celebrities (George Carlin, Morgan Freeman, et al.), I automatically check it.
    If I knew what I were doing, why would I take lessons?

"Things should be as simple as possible,
    but no simpler." - Einstein

I don't do it, but I am disgusted with people who post inflammatory political misdirection and scurrilous lies.

I am so glad that the election is over. People on FB cheering for each of the old parties posted so much vicious tripe about the "other side" that was not true -- the gods only know there is more than enough that IS true -- I found myself wondering how people I think of as reasonable, centered and intellectually honest, could be such unprincipled blindly partisan dough brains apparently without critical thinking capacity.

To my amazement, apparently these folks couldn't get it out of their system once the election which changed nothing was over, because they continued hammering away until a few days before Thanksgiving.
    If I knew what I were doing, why would I take lessons?

"Things should be as simple as possible,
    but no simpler." - Einstein

Hi, my name is Rubyfree, and sometimes I like to feed the troll.

It's just so FUNNY!
    bar.ka think u al.l. susp.ect
    free bar.ka and tidy rabbit

1 members found this post helpful.