The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jumper stallion recommendations please- mare pix and pedigree included

Hello,

I was hoping to get some recommendations for great jumper stallions available in the US. I'm specifically interested in a lighter stallion as my mare's dam is quite heavy.

Here is a picture of her:
    http://tennantsporthorses.files.word...lim-test-2.jpg

She's a Trakehner, would love to find a Trakehner, Thoroughbred, Anglo Arab, or SF that has produced International level jumpers.

Her name is Sayyida, she is by Tzigane*Pb*, out of Pr.St. Schone Symphonie by Polarpunkt. Here's her full pedigree:

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/sayyida2

Thanks for any input you can give me!
    Last edited by Tennant Sport Horses; Feb. 12, 2013 at 02:06 PM.
    http://tennantsporthorses.com/stallion-services/

Proudly representing the outstanding stallions, Ballzauber, Sea Accounts xx, Sea Lion xx, and Tagaelen!

Abdullah immediately comes to mind for Trakehner. A Fine Romance has a GP offspring, I believe, for TBs.

As Di Villagna?
    Jaguar Mail?

1 members found this post helpful.

Special Memories, Bonaparte N AA.

I have no idea of your mare's pedigree or what she is like (conformation or personality). However, I have both a Special Memories filly and an Abdullah filly of the same age and out of the same dam. The dam was an old-fashioned, longer backed/shorter legged, heavier type mare (by Galoubet). Both fillies are an improvement in type; more modern and lighter boned. In my case the Abdullah is actually the more refined of the two, with a very typey head. Both have recently been started under-saddle, and have been free-jumped. The Special Memories baby is more of a hunter type mover and is a very nice jumper in the chute, but a flatter type jump. The Abdullah is NOT a hunter type mover and is a much rounder/scopier horse in the chute, but is a bit spookier/hotter than her sister. The Special Memories filly has a super laid-back personality and is just very, very easy and quiet.
    Again, not neccessarily reccomending either for your mare, but giving my input on two stallions that have been mentioned.
    Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
    --Winston Churchill
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...h/112931293227
    www.HillsideHRanch.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hillside H Ranch View Post
    I have no idea of your mare's pedigree or what she is like (conformation or personality). However, I have both a Special Memories filly and an Abdullah filly of the same age and out of the same dam. The dam was an old-fashioned, longer backed/shorter legged, heavier type mare (by Galoubet). Both fillies are an improvement in type; more modern and lighter boned. In my case the Abdullah is actually the more refined of the two, with a very typey head. Both have recently been started under-saddle, and have been free-jumped. The Special Memories baby is more of a hunter type mover and is a very nice jumper in the chute, but a flatter type jump. The Abdullah is NOT a hunter type mover and is a much rounder/scopier horse in the chute, but is a bit spookier/hotter than her sister. The Special Memories filly has a super laid-back personality and is just very, very easy and quiet.
    Again, not neccessarily reccomending either for your mare, but giving my input on two stallions that have been mentioned.
    Thanks for the input everyone, just added a picture and link to her pedigree.

Thanks again!

Proudly representing the outstanding stallions, Ballzauber, Sea Accounts xx, Sea Lion xx, and Tagaelen!

I have to agree with Special Moments. Hilltop has Quite Easy, Utrillo Van De Heffinck, Jaguar Mail and Alligator Fontaine. I don't know your mare but these are some stallions you might want to check out. I think all at Hilltop are frozen semen with a LFG.

http://www.hilltopfarminc.com/breeding_stallions.html

Good luck with your breeding.
    It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on.”
    ? Marilyn Monroe

Really like your mare! I had a nice Special Memories from my Dutch mare. I would say more hunter than jumper type, good mind, fun personality. Not hot, but would look at new things.

And Special Memories is in the SSA, which ends pretty soon (on the 14th) and you get two doses of the very limited frozen that is left in the world - as many pregnancies as you can get out of those two doses.
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

Has Special Memories produced International level jumpers?

I like the Bonaparte AA suggestion, but also not sure if he fits the criteria in the OP?

"International"? not sure... there is a mare, Esperanza, that was winning in the Mini Prix in 2011 - not sure what she is doing in the last 2 years. There is another "foal", Silver and Gold, that was in hunters, then went to the A/O ring and is apparently doing quite well, and there are others on SM FB page that appears to be doing something of significance (in terms of height) in the jumper rings... http://www.facebook.com/pages/Specia...x/296200378143 Maybe Omare will come on as she probably knows more about the "kids" and what they are doing...
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

What about the Holstein approved Trakehner stallion Hirtentanz?

Quote Originally Posted by L&L View Post
    What about the Holstein approved Trakehner stallion Hirtentanz?
    Just saw this photo of him posted on FB today.
    http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...27261218_n.jpg

I don't think he fits the OPs criteria weight wise or Internationally producing (he's too young!)

I don't have much to impart other than I love your mare.. her expression is hilarious - is it raining there? Looks like she is really listening to that rider though - that inner ear.. I'd love to see what other people have suggested for her!
    AETERNUM VALE, INVICTUS - 7/10/2012

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    I don't have much to impart other than I love your mare.. her expression is hilarious - is it raining there? Looks like she is really listening to that rider though - that inner ear.. I'd love to see what other people have suggested for her!
    Thanks! Not raining that day, she always has a similar expression

I like all of the stallions suggested. I expect we'll breed to Abdullah someday in the future, and if Hirtentanz offspring continue to look impressive he'll likely be used as well even though he is heavier than I like. Bonaparte is a cool stallion, too! Special Memories is one that I like a lot, but he's not necessarily for me based on offspring...they seem to hunter-ish to me.

I appreciate all the suggestions, I'm going to check them out! Love Jaguar Mail and Quite Easy. Utrillo Van De Heffinck is one I'd put right near the top of my list. Also considering Flexible, as I'm absolutely enamored with him as a performance horse and the foal will likely be for sale.

Horalas.
    He does not produce heavy, and Sean, that mare line is not heavy at all. You've never met the rest of them over here. Not a heavy line!

Navarone (Jus de Pomme x Armstrong) has international jumpers winning Grand Prix. He also has eventers and dressage too. And his sire Jus de Pomme...say no more Atlanta Olympics! He is KWPN but approved in multiple registries and has lot of different blood in him including SF and AA. The foals get get KWPN papers too from your mare. Super characters and very good fresh.
    Majestic Gaits-Dutch Warmbloods,#1 USEF Dressage Sporthorse Breeder. #1 KWPN-NA Jumpers.Standing Navarone,Schroeder,Dante MG.VDL Frozen. Approval KWPN Han OLD RPSI BWP Canadian SWANA sBs SF Holst

I'm glad to see Maren weigh in here.
    I also think that since the Trakehners are a breed, if you have a nice TK mare, its kind of a shame to go outside of the breed, if you can find something to suit your needs in it.

Quote Originally Posted by sixpoundfarm View Post
    I'm glad to see Maren weigh in here.
    I also think that since the Trakehners are a breed, if you have a nice TK mare, its kind of a shame to go outside of the breed, if you can find something to suit your needs in it.

Thanks Tracy and I do agree with your comment about the mare. The breed is already stretched out pretty thinly, losing mares like Xena would be a loss.

Since the mare is competing, is this going to be an ET ?