The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Broadway/West End Fans anyone?

Or just Theater in general.
    There are some West End and Broadway stars I just can't get enough of. It's a shame I can't sing, because I'd definitely auditions for musicals. There's just something wonderful about them.

And let's just not even start on my Hadley Fraser and Ramin Karimloo obsession, those men can do no wrong.
    So I guess to turn this into a discussion, what are some of your favorite musicals and what have you actually seen?

Mine would have to be Sweeney Todd, The Lion King, Les Mis, Phantom, Catch Me if You Can, Book of Mormon, and Jersey Boys and I've seen all of them. I've also seen Mamma Mia, Next to Normal, The Fantasticks, Into the Woods, Annie, Jekyll and Hyde, The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Fiddler on the Roof, Pippin, and 13.
    .אני יכול לעשות הכל על ידי אלוהים

I love the theater and musicals. Years ago when top ticket prices were only $45 and I lived only 30 min. from NYC, I saw just about every show playing. When in London I go to the theater as much as possible.

My friend is a fanatic and will see a show many times (one of them, Alter Boyz, she saw over 200 times). She becomes friendly with the cast too. She also hangs out at the stage door afterwards and gets photos and autographs of actors. I've done this with her and have met Judi Dench, Derek Jacobi, Alan Rickman, Roger Rees, Michael Ball, Craig Bierko, Sean Hayes, Kristen Chenoweth, Bernadette Peters, too many to mention. Caught a glimpse of Paul Newman, who doesn't sign or pose.

Shows are just too expensive now, unless I see a touring company in nearby PA. Because of this, I only will go maybe once a year as a special treat. The last show I saw was One Man, Two Guvna's, with the London cast. Well worth the money.

"Wicked" and "Phantom" are still my favorites. I try to get to New York at least every four years and see two or three plays over the weekend I'm there. I took my daughter to see "Beauty and the Beast" when she was young and was so moved to see all the little girls there with their "My first Broadway Musical" t-shirts on. And now my daughter is an adult, and she craves the theater, so I did something right.

I love The Book of Mormon! and also Wicked & RENT.

I've seen Wicked, Mamma Mia, & Spamalot live, and The Book of Mormon on video. Tought where I live, as not much comes this way.

I saw most of what I've seen in only one New York trip, and a few bootlegs :P oops. But I own the 25th anniversary videos for both phantom and les mis mostly because of Hadley Fraser.
    .אני יכול לעשות הכל על ידי אלוהים