The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Help/ Advice for Friend Traveling to Verden

I have a young friend traveling next week to Verden to interview for a riding job. What advice or recommendations do you have? Where should she fly into? Good places to stay, eat, shop -- especially for the budget-conscious -- would be a great help.
    Thanks!
    Kendra
    Runningwater Warmbloods & Mare Station

Home of SPS Diorella (Donnerhall/ Akut), EMC What Fun (Wolkentanz I/ Lauries Crusador), and EMC Raleska (Rascalino/ Warkant) 'Like' us on Facebook

The closest airport to fly into and get to Verden is Bremen. It is a pain to get to Bremen for me but once there it is all worth it...I usually have to go NY-London-Paris or Amsterdam-Bremen.

Once at Bremen airport she can either rent a car (most are stick shift though) or the train. If taking the train she will take the city train from the airport to Hauptbanhof (sp?) which is the main train station in Bremen. There she can catch a the train to Verden. The station in Verden is about a 5-10 minute walk to the city center. It is very easy and MANY folks speak English when she gets lost.

I have stayed a few times at Verdenerhof. They speak perfect English, rates are very affordable, comfortable place and great breakfast included. It is also located within the town center. If she is applying for the riding position at the Hannoveraner Verband she can take a cab from Verdenerhof to the riding center...about a 10 minute drive. There are plenty of places to eat and shop within walking distance of the Verdenerhof. Great tack store in town that I am sure she can spend some money! If she rents a car she can drive to the new huge MEGA tack store just outside of town on the highway between Verden and Bremen.

There is a hotel right next door to the Hannoveraner Verband too....the name is escaping me though. It is a very popular hotel for folks to stay at during the auctions and such. Not sure the rates but probably more than Verdenerhof.

Good luck and safe travels!!!
    Read about my time at the Hannoveraner Verband Breeders Courses:
    http://blumefarm.com/hannoveranercourse2011.html
    http://blumefarm.com/hannoveranercourse2012.html

Thank-you! That's so helpful!
    Kendra
    Runningwater Warmbloods & Mare Station

Home of SPS Diorella (Donnerhall/ Akut), EMC What Fun (Wolkentanz I/ Lauries Crusador), and EMC Raleska (Rascalino/ Warkant) 'Like' us on Facebook