The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Default Ariat Hunt Coat vs. Grand Prix sizing question?

Hi all--I have taken my measurements (as per the Ariat website chart) and I lie somewhere between their 18 and 20 (yeah, I wear 12-14 in "lady's street clothes"). As a person who is chest thick, though not big boobed and a bit over my ideal weight, I often find myself between sizes.

I currently have an Elite (by Grand Prix) hunt coat that says 16R on it's tag, and fits me very well. I have found an Ariat hunt coat online, and am curious how they fit, if anyone knows? Do they run biggish or smallish? There are none in any tack store in my area to try on...and as we all know, there seems to be a freakish conspiracy by all coat makers to NOT use a uniform sizing code....ugh.
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

I wear a 12R in both. I could probably do a 10 in the Ariat, not the Grand Prix. I think the Ariat coats are more generous through the bust (I am gifted in that dept, unfortunately) and in the arm width. I also like the button placement on the Ariat better...the top button is a little lower and in a better position to not gap over my "gifts".

Ariat coats have a more boxy cut than Grand Prix.
    Athletic Horses. Educated Riders.
    www.Ride-With-Confidence.com

At least 1 size down. It's very stretchy so you can get away with it being close fitting.