The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Horse, truck & trailer stolen from Tractor Supply parking lot in TX

Story here, including surveillance camera photos and photo of horse that was in the trailer:
    http://main.montgomerycountypolicereporter.com/?p=61078

I cannot imagine the horrible feeling of finding your rig and horse GONE like that!
    Equus Keepus Brokus

Oh my God, this is scary! She locked her truck, and they still managed to steal it, with the horse in the trailer.

Definitely scary if she locked her truck/no keys. Jingles for the horse especially!
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

That's awful!

Bold
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Wow, how did they manage to steal it without anybody noticing if the truck was locked?
    Maggie Bright, lovingly known as Skye and deeply missed (1994 - 2013)
    The Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Skyedragon View Post
    Wow, how did they manage to steal it without anybody noticing if the truck was locked?
    oh, good grif, it takes you a few seconds if you have the knowhow and tools to shimmy the lock with a slim-jim tool. another couple of minutes to hotwire it, even the 'lock' that is supposed to keep the stirring wheel from turning is easily foiled with a crow bar as leverage or a piece of pipe...

But with this scenario, I would have t guess it was somebody who knew her.
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    oh, good grif, it takes you a few seconds if you have the knowhow and tools to shimmy the lock with a slim-jim tool. another couple of minutes to hotwire it, even the 'lock' that is supposed to keep the stirring wheel from turning is easily foiled with a crow bar as leverage or a piece of pipe...

But with this scenario, I would have t guess it was somebody who knew her.j
    Sorry, Im not very knowledgable in how to steal cars as I have never done it.
    Maggie Bright, lovingly known as Skye and deeply missed (1994 - 2013)
    The Blog

8 members found this post helpful.

Maybe the ex or soon to be ex... and had a key.

Schools just don't teach much good any more, do they.

7 members found this post helpful.

what, you don't watch TV?

Jesus....I would be upset enough about the rig, but to lose your horse? Damn...

2 members found this post helpful.

As a former big rig driver, I can say (not saying 'how I know') you can pretty much get into any vehicle in a NY minute, without breaking a window or latch.

My daughter locked herself out of her big rig, out in the middle of nowhere, well, her dog hit the door lock when she was out of the truck, and she knew how to work the lock and got back in. All you need is a screwdriver. Some DOT workers saw her, got the name of her company, called them to report her breaking into her truck (they didn't know whose truck and were keeping their distance). My daughter got a call from her company asking if she was okay and did someone break in. Yep, she told them, it was her. Then the caller said they didn't want to know HOW she did it, just that she was safe and the truck wasn't stolen. All was well. Her truck is a brand new 2013 model with all the locks and so forth...shows how safe that is, huh?
    GR24's Musing #18 - More a reminder than a muse, on the first of the month, do your boob check for any lumps or differences.

Note to self: Only bring the crippled old horse with you to TSC. Maybe he'll get ripped off and save me some dough.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Dang, I've thought of stopping at my TSC on the way home from a trail ride or something. I guess I'm lucky that the parking lot entrance is a shade not-trailer-friendly and I always wuss out on it ...
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

Well...I can't get the article to open (even though their FB page), so I don't know the details. However, I am going to lean towards someone having the key. The FB picture shows a very attractive pinto horse, so either a Paint or maybe some sort of spotted sport horse.
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

I keep hoping for a good update.

This is the TSC closest to my farm. I am in and out of there often. I saw the security video. The owner posted on a facebook group that I am a member of. From her post I don't think she believes it was someone she knew that stole her truck, trailer and horse, but noone knows at this point. She said she doesn't expect to see the truck again, but really only wants her horse back. I am also hoping for a happy ending for her and the horse. It seemed so odd to me as this is a strip with a busy parking lot and I see people park rigs there often.

If it's like my 2 Ford trucks, once you get in you don't need a key to drive off. If the steering wheel isn't locked, just turn the ignition and they'll start right up. Bought 'em both used, so don't know the story, but awful coincidental.

Hope she gets her horse and rig back, and they hang the thief!

Another vote for someone who knew her. They drove right up to it and got right in, doesn't sound like a crime of opportunity to me. Which means it should be a lot easier to locate everything too.
    Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

Proud Closet Canterer! Member Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.