The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM RISING STAR FARM

Just want to thank everyone for their support and agree that there shouldn't be any finger pointing. I've decided not to pursue Romantic Star and I hope that there is a happy resolution for all of the horses.

Let's not turn this thread into a trainwreck - it's strictly to say that Romantic will not be coming to Georgia.
    Last edited by risingstarfarm; Feb. 9, 2013 at 02:20 PM. Reason: to add my thanks

13 members found this post helpful.

Hang in there Ronda!

I'm sorry this has become such a nightmare for you, and am glad you are well out of it. RS would have had a great home with you .

All the best from Colorado.

1 members found this post helpful.

THis is so sad... with all the pressure coming from JB saga here is the result. Lost of opportunities for these horses to find decent home.
    Suzanne
    bloomingtonfarm.com
    Breeder of Royal Dutch Sport Horse

3 members found this post helpful.

Really makes me sad that his future is now even more uncertain. So sorry Ronda.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

sorry to hear. Hope he lands softly. Understand your position.
    Healthy Chocolate lets me live the lifestyle I want in order to enjoy the horses I love.

http://www.xocaichocolatehealth.com
    http://www.matchmakerequine.com

I hate to see it came to this, but I think it was absolutely necessary. Sorry, Ronda.
    Even more sorry for Romatic Star. May he land softly with someone he deserves.
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

4 members found this post helpful.

Unfortunately, in this affair there are no winners, whether equine or human. We can only imagine the turmoil that has prompted your decision, Ronda, and, while saddened, can entirely understand.
    Sakura Hill Farm
    Now on Facebook

Young and developing horses for A-circuit jumper and hunter rings.

5 members found this post helpful.

I hope folks are happy for villifying someone who was helping. Poor old Romantic Star...he almost had a fabulous new home. Isn't that supposed to be the point? Getting horses AWAY from JB?

13 members found this post helpful.

Sorry to hear this. Totally agree with CC321.
    Come to the dark side, we have cookies

I agree - I think it is terrible that Ronda's name got dragged through the mud just because she was trying to get Romantic Star into a better situation. If he had ended up in GA under her good care, everyone would be thrilled that someone had managed to get at least ONE of the stallions out of that dump of a place.

I am glad, though, that she severed her contractual agreements with JillB and the Weems, who were no doubt depending on funds from the sale to wage their fight against MCHS (and to help them meet other financial responsibilities - such as FEEDING the other animals still on their property). It is really sad that Ronda got caught in the middle and was used by the Burnells and Weems. I hope she hasn't lost too much money, and I hope the RS saga isn't over and that he lands softly after all is said and done.

The way I read it, whether that is the only reason or not, the value/purchase price mentioned by the Weems/Burnell suit is not indicative of the price RS was willing to pay... hence the contract cancellation... nice to try to pin it on people on line. Ronda probably knew when she agreed to buy RS that she was walking into unstable grounds...
    I am sorry that Romantic Star future is not guaranteed, BUT he is being taken care of and is nowhere near getting back to JB. And, in a way, if the money was intended to fight MHS rather than feed and care for the animals AND pay back the many creditors... it would not make any difference to the animals...
    I am still baffled at someone willing to spend a good chunk of money on a stallion sight unseen.... esp. after all the stories that have come out. Makes no sense to me!

7 members found this post helpful.

Thank you for stepping in to do something positive for a horse mired in this long and twisted travesty. So very sorry that this phase ended without Romantic Star moving to RSF.

May Romantic Star find a greener, safer pasture very soon.

Best wishes to RSF.

What's done is done. Can the speculations and the "well *I* wouldn't have done it *that* way" stop now? RSF is not a villain here - go back to hounding Jill Burnell please.

17 members found this post helpful.

Ronda - i am so sorry and very sorry for RS. Thanks to all the people with hidden agendas, Coth posters, and the other organizations that kept this wonderful stallion from going to an outstanding forever home. He would have been in heaven with the love and care from Ronda.

I am disappointed RS is not going to Ronda. There was nobody more excited then me. I love RS, but kept the idea of using him at arms length because of Jill B. I was VERY happy he was at the very least going where he'd be treated not as a commodity and given the care he deserved.

For every poster pointing fingers blaming COTH posts , bullies ,MHS , and the tooth fairy give it a rest. It was Ronda's choice to not pursue the stallion and hers and hers alone. If outside influences were a factor those are her private balances to weigh.

To Ronda and RS I'm sorry things did not go favorably . I hope the future brings better paths for each.
    Last edited by Lynnwood; Feb. 9, 2013 at 02:30 PM. Reason: rubber or plastic ?
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

....and the idiocy resumes. Mellow Dramatic Nonsense, indeed!

You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.

This should just get locked. Ronda made her announcement, people have an update. No good will come from the rest of this. Although I do enjoy watching DMK attempt to speak rationally with the completely illogical. It's fun.

Well it is a stretch to go from I bought and paid for the horse and am paying his vet bills as well as suing to get possession to I decided I didn't want to buy him after all? I thought it was a done deal? Anyway, as I said on the other thread, no one who has had anything to do with Jill Burnell of Gray Fox Farm makes it away unscathed. One is either scammed out of cash or guilty by association. I am sorry she added yet another victim in the OP.

8 members found this post helpful.

I believe it was posted somewhere that RS's previous/original owners want him back. May that come to fruition and he be well taken care of.
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

2 members found this post helpful.

Since we're giving the main JB thread another breather, we're going to close this one down as well to prevent the full discussion from eventually being transferred here.

Thanks ~
    Mod 1