The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Difference between Original and Exp2 T-Boots?

Okay... So once I get my paycheck this month I want to splurge on some new boots. I'm looking at Veredus Carbon Gels and Equifits. I've noticed with the T-Boots there are two types that seem very similar. There are the Originals ($139) and the Exp 2 ($180)

I was wondering what the differences were?

The EXP 2 have a much tougher exterior. I have a set of both, and the originals aren't holding up to my guy. Exp 2's look great and are holding up much better.
    Celtic Charisma (R.I.P) ~ http://flickr.com/photos/rockandracehorses/2387275281
    Proud owner of "The Intoxicated Moose!"
    "Hope is not an executable plan" ~ My Mom
    I love my Dublin-ator

I have the originals with Velcro because I ride multiple horses. I wanted te EXP 2s but I was at Dover and they had a pair of Originals in there bargin basement on sale for $55 because there was a reddish pink stain on one of the Equifit logos. I haven't noticed a difference between my originals and my BO's EXP 2s and mine get used more!
    Princess: evil first pony, Patch: RIP my baby girl, Lucky:I miss you, Molly:be good for your new kid, Charisma: my current project

Just to let you know, Equifit released a new version of the T-boots very recently (like within the past week or two). They are called Equifit D-Teq, and apparently have some supa-fancy new technology. Plus, they come in ostrich! Kind of a neat look. I've been eyeing up a pair of T-boots as well and think I might go this route.

http://www.equifit.net/dteq/ <-- tells you much more than I ever could

Quote Originally Posted by Showjumper28 View Post
    The EXP 2 have a much tougher exterior. I have a set of both, and the originals aren't holding up to my guy. Exp 2's look great and are holding up much better.
    Do you think they would hold up to daily use? If so would they still look good enough to show in?

I used my EXP2's for well over a year at a min. 2x/wk jump lessons. They still look brand new. The white stripes stay white. I have stud closures in the low profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Caravale View Post
    Just to let you know, Equifit released a new version of the T-boots very recently (like within the past week or two). They are called Equifit D-Teq, and apparently have some supa-fancy new technology. Plus, they come in ostrich! Kind of a neat look. I've been eyeing up a pair of T-boots as well and think I might go this route.

The way the rep explained it to me, the primary difference is the new model has better memory foam in the lining, it conforms to the shape of the leg better and then bounces back much more quickly. She didn't indicate any other differences in the design and to my eye they looked very similar. I find ALL the Equifit boots nice, so I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Quote Originally Posted by Caravale View Post

Oooo. Jut looked at them and they are gorgeous!

The bottom strap on the new DTEQs look higher up then the other models of Tboots. I actually had to stop using my Tboot because my trainer thought the strap was sitting too low (which is was, right across his fetlock). I would be interested in the DTEQs if they actually sit higher. My guy has short cannons, so fit has been an issue.

Yes, I have seen the new ones!!! They are gorgeous that's for sure.... Just out of my price range..

Quote Originally Posted by DebutsShirrocco View Post
    Yes, I have seen the new ones!!! They are gorgeous that's for sure.... Just out of my price range..
    And there is a BROWN option. Finally!

Unfortunately, I probably won't be buying them. While I love the boots, I haven't had great experiences with them. The hinds seem to gather an excess of dirt...and the straps are REALLY short (I have originals with velcro). I've stopped using them.

I love the fronts, but they aren't holding up as well as I would've liked. I've had them for about a year and a half and the leather over the bottom inside strap has worn through and the liner is also wearing through along the bottom edges. I bought some T-Boots a million years ago with my first horse and his interferring issues and the design of the boot (bottom strap sewn on externally) meant the strap came off within 3 weeks. I was very happy to see a design change way back when, but waited until I had a different horse to buy them. New horse interferes a bit, and I'm seeing the results of that.

I will say that Equifit is wonderful to work with. They've always been very responsive to issues and receptive to feedback. They are a wonderful, wonderful company...I just wish the boots worked better for me. Sigh.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

Quote Originally Posted by SunNSand View Post
    Do you think they would hold up to daily use? If so would they still look good enough to show in?
    I guess it would depend upon how much your horse interferes. My guy seems to quite a bit in the hind and it is clearly showing up on the boots. However the fronts look great. He had already worn through several brands of hind boots, before I got the originals. The Exp's don't seem to wear as quickly on him and still look new.
    Celtic Charisma (R.I.P) ~ http://flickr.com/photos/rockandracehorses/2387275281
    Proud owner of "The Intoxicated Moose!"
    "Hope is not an executable plan" ~ My Mom
    I love my Dublin-ator