The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I cheated too-my Carhartt jacket is a hand me down from my brother! LOL

I have a dark green one in a discontinued color, the guys at work envy the color (it is a mens coat, they didn't have ladies at that time)

I love the teal ladies, if they still make it

the only sad thing is that they are now made over seas, but they are great and wear tough

Quote Originally Posted by dbts View Post
    Around here our local Carhartt supplier holds a contest. The person who brings in the most destroyed, well worn and close to death garment wins a free one. They are all displayed for public viewing and voting of the winner. It is a truly impressive tribute to ruggedness. Carhartt rules.
    That is most excellent. Do they have photos? I'm not even sure I can imagine a Carhartt that counts as Done.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Burbank View Post
    I love the teal ladies, if they still make it

the only sad thing is that they are now made over seas, but they are great and wear tough
    They do!

Check it: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/car...colorFamily=16

These are seconds, but I can't imagine that it matters (given what happens to Carhartts) and Sierra Trading Post has some kind of coupon thing to make it all cheaper if you buy enough.

And they are made in Mexico, I believe. Technically not over seas. I could drive down there from my house.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

The most coveted fashion around here are Carhartts and Muck Co boots. People can tell from across a parking lot which models you're wearing. Better than Vera Wang and Manolos. LOL!

I am on the short side, but it's good to hear I'm not the only person who has to look through the zipper of the chest of my jacket to drive!

My jacket and bibs are men's though...I rarely buy the women's anythings anymore because a lot of brands might make a female version but those are often a lot less warm, a lot less tough and usually cut/shaped to flatter rather than to layer under. But seems Carhartts might not do that? I know the kids' versions have less "fill" in the jacket and bibs, I had planned on buying the boy's sizes because I'm kinda little and it's hard finding a men's small. But I found bibs and jacket that somewhat fit. So I disappear in the jacket if I sit down. And disappear down in the bibs when I stand up.

Well, when they stand up.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Carhartt has done a good job with their women's stuff, IMO.

I'm not sure they make the Heavy Quilted jackets in women's, but the linings in the mens and womens versions of, say, the Detroit jacket are similar.

Also, Carhartt knows that women are 3-D and move their arms. That's worth something.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

2 members found this post helpful.

I got the pink bibs this year and love them. They are heavy, but so warm! I don't find them too stiff and haven't washed them yet.
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.

I wish they'd make a woman shaped onesie though.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    The most coveted fashion around here are Carhartts and Muck Co boots. People can tell from across a parking lot which models you're wearing. Better than Vera Wang and Manolos. LOL!
    My BO got me a pair of the tall Muck CO boots for Christmas. I LOVE them. And I feel so stylin with my pink Carhartts and my boots. LOL
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.

I have a pink one too! Love that they come in fun colors now, but it's like IRON
    Only dead fish go with the flow.

http://tommybluefoot.blogspot.com/

AND - have you seen the kids' lines? They are so c.u.t.e. - I just bought my grandson two pairs, one bigger than the other - to take to Switzerland!
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

1 members found this post helpful.

My ex's dogs ate my beloved Carhartt jacket. It had just started to get soft after 7 years. When I think back on all the crap and drama he brought into my life, losing that jacket hurts the most.

I wish they'd make a woman shaped onesie though.
    Or at least a smaller/shorter coverall. I wanted coveralls and tried on the smallest ones I could find, but they were about 4" taller than I am.
    Those are ridiculously toasty though!

MGP, you're gonna love your tall Mucks. And they're really warm, I can't wear any taller than my ankles by late March or my feet sweat. And comfy. And very very waterproof.

Good to knonw the women's versions are also tough!

Foxtrot...there's not much cuter than little kids in Carhartts! I grin just seeing the teeny Carhartts in stores on hangers, LOL! Switzerland is a good place for Carhartts. And what a trip, I hear it;s gorgeous! Have a great time!

hb...that's just wrong...having a broken in Carhartt get chewed up. I'm not one to cry, but if that happened to mine I think I'd have a tear or two.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

I've had my Carharrtt insulated coat and bibs for at least 15 years. The coat is now nice and soft ... and stained with frayed cuffs. So I don't wear it out "in public" any more. But it's still nice and warm.

PS -- I think they discontinued their lifetime warranty on zippers. Bummer

Quote Originally Posted by hb View Post
    My ex's dogs ate my beloved Carhartt jacket. It had just started to get soft after 7 years. When I think back on all the crap and drama he brought into my life, losing that jacket hurts the most.
    That vignette right there is the basis for a Superbowl-worthy commercial or a country/western song.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

2 members found this post helpful.

I have a jacket that is about 13 years old. The cuffs are about the fall off they are so frayed. But I'll stitch those back on and it will be fine.

They get better with age and use. Mine is so faded it is almost white in places.

I don't do pink or stuff marketed toward women - it just rubs me the wrong way. Mine is just a plain jacket without a hood. It is a boys size which seems to fit women a little better. I don't know how the sizing works on the stuff marketed to women; maybe they're just boy sizes in different colors. Beats me.
    Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
    -Rudyard Kipling