The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Tuff rider breeches - Sock Bottoms?

Updating the original post since Alterageous pointed me in the right direction- (The Sierra by Tuff Rider)

New Question: Anyone have experience with Tuff Riders Sock bottoms? Like? Dislike?

Thanks!

Original question was:

I have seen someone at the barn in a pair of pretty light blue Euro Seat breeches with a wider waist band. I asked her and she said they were Tuff Rider's, but didn't remember the name of the style. I love my other Tuff Riders (the ribbed ones) and would really like to try these as we are similar body types and they were very cute and flattering looking!

I've googled and the only Tuff Rider Euro Seats I can locate are the contrasting piping ones and the plaid ones which aren't the ones I'm looking for.

TIA!
    Last edited by two sticks; Feb. 9, 2013 at 06:35 PM.
    It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.

www.sararoxannephotography.com
    www.facebook.com/sararoxannephotography

Quote Originally Posted by two sticks View Post
    I have seen someone at the barn in a pair of pretty light blue Euro Seat breeches with a wider waist band. I asked her and she said they were Tuff Rider's, but didn't remember the name of the style. I love my other Tuff Riders (the ribbed ones) and would really like to try these as we are similar body types and they were very cute and flattering looking!

I've googled and the only Tuff Rider Euro Seats I can locate are the contrasting piping ones and the plaid ones which aren't the ones I'm looking for.

TIA!
    The Sierra breech is a euroseat that comes in a light blue color. I tried them but they were not a good fit for me.

Those look like them, thank you so much!

Anyone have experience with Tuff Riders Sock bottoms? Like? Dislike?

They're ok, nice and stretchy. I find the tuffrider low rise in anything but the ribbed breeches to be too low for me. But I am fluffier than I would like and I really need a midrise, so I returned my pair. I am glad to see sock bottoms now instead of the infernal velcro.

They're fine. I've found the Tuff Riders to run long through, so be prepared to cuff the bottoms. They are easily one of my favorite pairs of breeches, for the money.

P.S. If you live in a cold climate, their soft-shell winter breeches are AH-mazing.

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

Quote Originally Posted by Alterageous View Post
    They're ok, nice and stretchy. I find the tuffrider low rise in anything but the ribbed breeches to be too low for me. But I am fluffier than I would like and I really need a midrise, so I returned my pair. I am glad to see sock bottoms now instead of the infernal velcro.
    While I prefer sock bottoms to velcro, I am old enough to remember the days of buttons on breeches.
    The Evil Chem Prof

bump with a change to the original question.. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ridge View Post
    They're fine. I've found the Tuff Riders to run long through, so be prepared to cuff the bottoms. They are easily one of my favorite pairs of breeches, for the money.

P.S. If you live in a cold climate, their soft-shell winter breeches are AH-mazing.
    I cut the sock bottoms. I'm only 5' tall and so I usually cut off about 4" of sock bottom. I could go to the effort to hem but I usually don't and the material seems not to fray too badly or anything, so it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Alterageous View Post
    I cut the sock bottoms. I'm only 5' tall and so I usually cut off about 4" of sock bottom. I could go to the effort to hem but I usually don't and the material seems not to fray too badly or anything, so it works out.
    Oh, interesting! I might do that too. I'm 5'6" and there's still a lot of excess material.

I have two pairs and love them! Compared to the ribbed breeches, I find they are a bit less stretchy, and run slightly smaller in size. They are fairly long, but the sock bottom is very comfortable. I think they're flattering, and I get complements on them nearly every time I wear them. I got them at a great price from Victory Canter.

Thanks guys! Found them on clearance in Ivy and Rose - can anyone shed light on the actual color of these? The color strip for the Ivy shows an awful mint green color, but actual photos appear to be an almost brown color?

TIA!

Oh! I NEED these! I love TR, and have been dying for sock bottom breeches!