The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Horse Boarding Near Pinehurst/Southern Pines NC

I'm moving to Pinehurst soon and am looking for a boarding facility for my 9-year-old gelding, who has been on 24/7 pasture board in a 32-acre field with a herd of geldings for the past 18 months. It's made a world of difference in his demeanor (after spending 20+ hours a day in a stall previously). I really want to replicate this pasture-board environment for him as much as possible, but still have access to some sort of arena (indoors or not) and lessons. Grateful for any suggestions or recommendations.

Welcome!

If you are on Facebook, join the Sandhills Area Equestrians group. The group has over 1600 members and is so helpful. You can post there about board and hopefully find what you are looking for!

I am just north of pinehurst in the chapel hill area so not as familiar. However, look at the NCDCTA website as many trainers are listed there. There are many larger horse farms down there so turn out should not be too difficult (maybe not 24/7, but a decent length of turnout). There are MANY dressage shows in the pinehurst area from schooling shows to rated shows so if you show you will have your fill! There are also many great trainers in my area...Lynn Leath (who I ride with), Dawn Weniger, Cindy Sydnor and her daughter Eliza, Rebecca Blikslager (sp??), and many more. I have lived in many states with my horses and this area is fantastic...have a great move!!
    Read about my time at the Hannoveraner Verband Breeders Courses:
    http://blumefarm.com/hannoveranercourse2011.html
    http://blumefarm.com/hannoveranercourse2012.html

Highly recommend Lynn Doki-Camina at Walhalla Farm which is located in Aberdeen not far from Pinehurst/Southern Pines. Excellent dressage instructor with a jumping background. She has a covered arena which is awesome & her barn is very small and ammy friendly! Great horse care-can't say enough about her.

Her website is www.walhallafarm.com