View Poll Results: Which other driver offense bothers you the most?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • going well below the speed limit except in no passing zones when the driver

1 1.69%
  • below speed limit but who speed up in yellow zones making it impossible safely to pass

10 16.95%
  • ahead of you below the speed limit

11 18.64%
  • passing everyone as if they were playing ‘Frogger’

4 6.78%
  • letting turn flashers continue when they clearly don’t notice

1 1.69%
  • failing to signal turns/lane changes

9 15.25%
  • with non-functioning brake lights/turn signal lights

0 0%
  • tailgating when you’re exceeding the speed limit

17 28.81%
  • weaving from lane to lane

2 3.39%
  • doing other dangerous/annoying things (pls specify for future poll revisions)

4 6.78%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hate left lane bandits, idiots that think Yield means stop, no signals, lack of understanding the meaning of turning lanes, idiots texting,, and probably a dozen other things.
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

Yes, all of them.
    People call themselves animal lovers, then let their dogs chase the squirrels. You're scaring the shit out of the squirrels, you schmuck!

All of them but mostly, people who are driving and texting/calling/reading etc.
    Ottbs - The finish line is only the beginning!

Quote Originally Posted by MunchingonHay View Post
    I have seen, and this is no joke; people making LEFT turns from the RIGHT most lane at an intersection. As well as, RIGHTS from the LEFT turn only lane. They just cut right though, how do they not get T-boned?
    Funny you should say that because that is essentially what happened to me a couple months ago, except the douche was trying to make a U-turn from the right hand lane. I couldn't stop in time so I smashed into the back of his car. Flipping idiot.

I would say my biggest are brakes on the freeway when taking your lead foot off the gas would suffice (or, not tailgating so you don't have to slam on the brakes) and people who drive 15mph under the speed limit in the fast lane and never check their rear view to see they have a long line of people. Oh, and merging. I think everyone out here in CA has forgotten how to merge.

People that think yield signs mean that they get to speed up and cut off the people who are already in the thru traffic lane and who have the right-of-way.

People who, upon seeing that there is a country mile behind you, wait until they can pull out in front of you so close that you have to slam on your brakes, who then proceed to go 10 MPH below the speed limit.

What about the construction nazis?

Where the signs are posted " Right/Left lane ends 1mi", so people MUST merge RIGHT NOW! Uh no, I have 1 mi to merge in a safe and timely manner... So what does one asshat do? Sit in the soon to be closing lane to "block" anyone from passing them! Drives me bat$hit crazy. YOU are NOT the police, YOU are impeding traffic, YOU are a hazard!!!

I had a whole summer of that crap where the lane ending happened right after my exit, but I was stuck behind some construction nazi who thought I should wait my turn to get through the construction zone... thank goodness for AWD, wide shoulders and learning to drive on a farm.

Or rubberneckers... on the opposite side of the highway. Umm, the accident isn't in the Northbound lane, why are you slowing down?!?

1 members found this post helpful.

I voted changing lane to lane , but “frogger” style passing would be up there as well.

I live way out on two lane highways and country roads. We get lots of “tourist” who drive super slow (we call them leaf watchers) – which is annoying. They also tend to speed up during any passing sections – as those are straight and have a good line of sight, meaning you cannot pass. Also annoying.

And while it is rude driving behavior – I have not seen it result in many bad wrecks or near misses.

We have had 10 FATALITIES [edited - counted more] within a few miles of my house over the last year. FATAL wrecks! That is not counting all of the accidents people walk away from.

Most of these crashes are the result of EXCESSIVE speed – and dangerous passing. Also witnessed a bad wreck on the freeway last week – jackhole was jumping from lane to lane, cut someone off and caused a wreck. I see lots of near misses on the freeway from people jumping lane to lane.

Tailgating is dangerous and obnoxious – but I just pull over to get them off me – they can go try to kill themselves without me involved.

The most recent DOUBLE fatality happened just this monday. Can't tell me speed was not involved.

Two people killed in crash near Pescadero

This is the second time two young men lost their lives in a single accident in Pescadero within the last twelve months.

I will post a revised version of this poll next OT day, but now having voted myself I will comment.

Those who drive below the speed limit when there's a double yellow line, but amazingly speed up as soon as the possibility to pass materializes, just drive me bonkers and make me grateful for whomever developed four lane highways.
    If I knew what I were doing, why would I take lessons?

"Things should be as simple as possible,
    but no simpler." - Einstein

Driving by myself, I'm kind of a mellow happy commuter - nice scenery, if I leave on time, have a lovely commute. But...driving with my husband when he is towing something...the WORST is people who suddenly pull out in front of his big a$$ truck, which has a load, in their teeeeeeeny weeeeeeny little tin can cars, and wave! And what? Think he can stop on a dime for them? Some very close calls!

And cowboy mom, totally relate about tailgaters when there is so much wildlife (hello, Seeley highway! Kamakazi deer headquarters). On his old truck, my husband had these airplane landing lights of some kind which really helped provide light in hunting camp if you are setting up at night. However, if he ever flipped those suckers on when someone was behind him...its a total showstopper, completely blinding. When I was behind him in my truck he flipped them on for about a second - i would have been in the ditch if I'd been closer. I'm sure they're illegal, but I could see them coming in very handy.

lilitiger2-I've seen trucks flip those lights on when someone is tailgating, or there are deer/elk/moose/wolves/tigers in the road ahead... they do knock you out for a minute but they're a really good Back Off signal...

And in Montana if an oncoming driver shuts his/her headlights off real quick and then back on (repeat maybe) it means there is a hazard in the road. I've done that so many times and see oncoming traffic just BLLLOOOWWW on into the deer! OMG people, slow down and think!

Tailgaters. And my aggressive personality does not help, I'm the one who will literally slow down to 10 mph until you back the heck off, no matter where we are-back roads, I5, The Narrows Bridge, you ride my tail you go slow. Real slow. At least in my more mature old(er)age I don't slam on my brakes and hop out the truck swingin like a certain friend of mine.
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

worst thing is(can I get a ding-ding,buzzer??) ya, driving in the left lane at or below the posted spd. limit. It's called the passing lane for a reason--& other thing-- they didn't put that lever(on the left side of the steeering wheel)to say Merry Fuk**** Christmas, it's meant to tell other drivers,I need to change--
    I mean Really????

ROFLMAO - I have done the same thing - I don't get out of my car but I've had people throw things at me!!
    This is only 1 of the things that will drive me batty. Left lane hoggers is another and using turn signals.
    Nothing gets me grumpier faster than anyone of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by twotrudoc View Post
    Tailgaters. And my aggressive personality does not help, I'm the one who will literally slow down to 10 mph until you back the heck off, no matter where we are-back roads, I5, The Narrows Bridge, you ride my tail you go slow. Real slow. At least in my more mature old(er)age I don't slam on my brakes and hop out the truck swingin like a certain friend of mine.

I think the things that annoy me can all be lumped into one cause - drivers that are inconsiderate of others on the road, to the point of seeming oblivious. Traffic "flow" is something anyone can take note of and try not to interfere with. Not something they legally have to do, but something that would be nice of them to do.

Some folks seem to drive along in a little bubble, oblivious to everyone around them. Staying within the law, but never aware of the small decisions they could make that would make dozens of others much happier.

My theory is about 50% of drivers are defensive drivers - aware of others out there and trying to help traffic flow along, watching out for sudden unexpected moves & avoiding countless small accidents that might happen otherwise.

The other 50% are the oblivious drivers, who seem to have little accidents now and then, able to claim "it wasn't my fault" in most of them. (IMO 97% of accidents are avoidable, if drivers expect the unexpected, allow enough distance, & take weather & road conditions into consideration - so IMO an accident is pretty much always "your fault"!) Driving along in a bubble, never expecting anything unusual to happen, always suprised when it does.

The latter 50% would have way more accidents if it weren't for the fact that the first 50% are always watching out for them!

We have really awful drivers in KY. My family has had more accidents (none of them our fault) since we moved here 6 years ago, than we did in our lifetimes back in MD.

My last one, I was going the speed limit at 55, someone pulled out to pass the car next to me and slammed into the back of my car going at least 85. She started arguing with the police officer when he remembered he had already cited her for aggressive driving, just the week before.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Texters/cell phone talkers make me crazee. They drive like drunken monkeys.
    Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
    -Rudyard Kipling

The thing I hate MOST is people who creep off the ramps to merge, only doing 30 or so when the ramp allows you to do at least 50 and the traffic you're merging into is doing 65. Good way to get people killed.

A close second: people who slowpoke until you try to pass, then speed up. Old geezer who used to live on my route to work LOVED to do that. Haven't seen him for a while. Hmm.

One thing I notice in my area is that the worst and rudest drivers drive trucks. They pull out in front of you, race you when you try to pass, slam on their brakes w/o turning signals, won't allow you to merge, etc. The car drivers don't really do this. But those people in their extended cab 3/4 tons think they're entitled, I guess.

People driving below the speed limit for no reason, especially of duel carriageways/motorways when they sit in the outside lane(s). Drives me bonkers.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Aside from people driving below the speed limit for no reason (particularly in the left lane!), something I haven't seen mentioned is my biggest pet peeve - people that use their brights/high beams in situations that just don't require it (say a well lit or residential street in fine weather, or around dusk).

Every day on my commute home from work (I usually don't get home until dusk or dark, 6pm+ ish) there is at least one person and usually more on the two lane road I take that absolutely freaking blinds me. Argh. It's so inconsiderate!

My latest pet peevee is people stopping in the on ramp to the highway because they are broken down, talking on their cellphone, etc. For some stupid reason, they think this is a safe place to stop. There is nothing more dangerous when you are trying to merge and someone has stopped just in the spot where the entrance ramp meets the highway, so you have to merge into the traffic from a dead standstill. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I have noticed this behaviour more and more in the last year or so. Even truck drivers. How stupid can people be?