The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Looking for U-Verse feedback

I am speaking with an installer about moving my ATT DSL/DirecTv to U-verse.

SO looking for U-verse feedback.

I would say pass. We have had more trouble with U-Verse than we ever had with Comcast. The signal is dropped constantly, and the whole "wireless box" thing never worked out right (despite getting multiple new boxes) so we just ended up hooking up a network cable, which does defeat the purpose of what U-Verse advertises.

On top of that, I do not love their On Demand selection. I thought that Comcast was MUCH better.

We were actually just thinking of ditching any kind of live TV anyway, as we don't watch it too much and most of the things I want to see can be found either streaming, or on Hulu, or the network websites.

I absolutely love U-Verse. I don't have trouble with the signal and the few times I've called service was great. I only have one TV (and one laptop), so I don't know anything about the "wireless box."
    "And now . . .off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums."

DO NOt DO IT! I switched to save money and went without phone or internet for about 2 months. In five weeks it was out for almost 15 days. They also lied to me about waiving the installation fees and equipment fees as I have been a lifetime ATT customer. THen it almost did not happen for me to retrieve my regular land line and phone number! EPIC FAIL!

I have a friend who has it and when she calls the call is dropped in one of three calls.
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

I heard a group of men at a breakfast restaurant today saying how bad it was, and that they all love their Time/Warner service a million times better
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm