The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Pure Majesty Sold

Thanks to the power do COTH mare is SOLD
    Last edited by judybigredpony; Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:48 AM.

3 members found this post helpful.

She's adorable. What's on her shoulder? Is it wet or is it a marking? (Doesn't matter, I'm just curious...)

Pretty!

The only thing that makes me go "ehhh...." is those pasterns, just a little fine, slightly long and upright for my taste. But they might look different when the feet get shaped up, and I'm sure they look different in person, she'd definitely be worth a trip to look.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

Looks like a Bend Or spot on her shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz 57 View Post
    Pretty!

The only thing that makes me go "ehhh...." is those pasterns, just a little fine, slightly long and upright for my taste. But they might look different when the feet get shaped up, and I'm sure they look different in person, she'd definitely be worth a trip to look.
    So different in person

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

That's a beautiful filly. Her pedigree is filled with horses who have produced for sport. Might not be fast, but shows where she got her athleticism.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Wow, that's a nice one! Like the pedigree, too.
    “A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.”
    ? Albert Einstein

~AJ~

I really REALLY liked her but she is WAYYYYY above my price range for something right off the track

2 members found this post helpful.

Interesting, she and my guy share a couple of the lines on her dam side... I never see them. Pretty, fancy girl...

Unfortunately, you cannot change the angles of her hind limbs.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Quote Originally Posted by DefyingGravityEventing View Post
    I really REALLY liked her but she is WAYYYYY above my price range for something right off the track
    Agree. Too much $ is why she has not been "snatched up."

Well....relatively speaking....this mare is not really priced too high, in my estimation. Of course one would want a vetting to insure soundness, but with her age, size, conformation, given the stable she is coming from, and taking a quick look at the "event prospect" market, she's well priced. Dollar for dollar, the Thoroughbred is the best bargain going if you are looking for young event prospects...

Honestly ... I have had a lot of different horses in my barn just in my own little lifetime and have learned there is no hard and fast rule to conformation, certainly nothing to rule out, until you WATCH THEM MOVE.

Watching horses like these move....school....train on.....compete....and eventually BEAT you as they go up the ladder....makes you wonder where people learn what WORKS and does not work as required conformation for an event horse. I hope no one who worries about this beautiful mares' conformation (which is exemplary) goes to the jog at Rolex without smelling salts, oxygen tank, and a friend to catch them, because they would simply faint straight away at what is jumping around a four-star.
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Isabeau Z Solace View Post
    Agree. Too much $ is why she has not been "snatched up."
    I guess I disagree. 2500 for a good sized, good moving horse without too many starts...is not too much.

Yes...you can get cheap ones off the track but in my experience, many race people know a good horse and do not mark them down to bottom barrel prices. If this mare was a gelding...I have very little doubt she would have been snatched up by now...probably for a slightly higher price.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

6 members found this post helpful.

Man, oh man. If I had not just purchased a different chestnut with chrome I would already be setting up a vetting (and I don't even like mares). She is absolute eye candy.

I think her pasterns look long enough to be a comfy ride but not upright enough to be problematic, the angles are sweet.
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

Considering the similar although bigger mare from Mtneer went for 4995..and having stood next to this mare and actually watched her I wouldnt say she is priced to high....And the way to put her price into perspective I dropped ..$5k on 2 horses from same track one from same trainer. .you often get what you pay for. I prefer to spend less but then I am a reseller...both of those fancy brown geldings I sold in less than 24 hours a lot of people drooled over I paid more for and sold for even more...but until we go see the horse and watch how all the parts fall together and work we just don t know. Why horses and life is a learning curve everyday...

Quote Originally Posted by judybigredpony View Post
    Considering the similar although bigger mare from Mtneer went for 4995
    Did the Mellow Tone mare sell??(of course she did!) Full asking price? I am green w/envy!! She certainly didn't look like a hot redhead, she had the wise mare eye, very noble and classic. We were swooning.
    About the only time losing is more fun than winning is when you're fighting temptation.
    -- Tom Wilson, actor & comedian

Wow,Lifes Magic is her grandmother!

A good video will make all the difference.

I am 9 hours away and would want to see her do more than stand and look pretty before hitching up my trailer and jumping in my car.

The "chestnut mare" thing also makes me think twice about her. But I could be swayed if she looked like a real athlete.
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

Of course, Lord Helpus. I would like a video and am 4 hours away! But either that or get someone you trust to go take a look for you. I've done that. I think COTH must have an event board regular "pod" at every race track!
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

Just saying.... I know how to drive to Penn..... and I have a video camera. Oh and I know how to shoot steady footage that doesn't shake. (Thank you Broadcasting Major in Los Angeles! LOL)

Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

1 members found this post helpful.