The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Size of a Logan Competitor Trailer?

Anyone have any insights to whether a Logan Competitor will comfortably haul large horses? I'm looking at older, used trailers and there is a pretty nice late 90s Logan for sale, about 3.5 hours away from me. It's a 2h. We're not hauling drafts, but big, ranchy QHs that are 16h and bigger and 1200#ish and I know that they don't fit comfortably in several of the newer trailers.

If you've ever put a big horse in an old Logan, or know someone that has hauled with one, please take a minute and let me know about your experience.

Thanks!

I did a quick Google and found one for sale that says it's 6'8" inside height and 6' inside width. I have a 1994 Logan Trojan. Absolutely love it! I bought it new for my 16.1, built like a tank QH mare. It now fits my WB mare with room to spare. It's a straight load though and it looks like the Competitor is a slant load? I went with a straight load because none of the slant loads I looked at back then seemed big enough for my mare. Can you call the seller and ask them to measure the stall width?
    Crayola Posse - Pine Green
    RIP Whinnie Pine (June 4, 1977 - April 29, 2008)

Thanks! I think I am going to have to get the seller to measure the stalls. The Logan straightloads are great trailers, but my dad wants a slant because the tack room is so much easier to utilize, particularly for western saddles. He also prefers a ramp, for safety, and only wants a 2h, so not having a budget to order new, it's a bit of a tall order.

I have a Logan competitor slant from the late 90's, and the stalls are really nice and roomy IMO. I don't have a lot of experience with slants, but this is the only one I haven't had to try and stuff my big 16++h Appy into. Nobody has a problem loading into it because its really roomy and inviting. We just hauled cross country with it and everyone had enough room.
    send some of their smart literate deer who can read road signs up here since ours are just run of the mill dumb ones who get splatted all over creation because they won't stay in the woods

1 members found this post helpful.