The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by rivenoak View Post
    Word.

Whenever I'm home, whether or not I need anything, I go to Meijer just to wander around for a while.

When I was young, the one nearest Birmingham used to have some tack & whatnot by the shoe repair place. Heaven for a horse-crazy suburban kid.
    We've hit the big time. We have a Meijer super store AND a Kroger Marketplace. Woohoo! Both have better deals than Walmart if you shop the sales.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Good for those of you that have choices.
    I go to Walmart because those are the only stores I can drive to, placed on the edge of town, no traffic to get there, 30+ miles one way.
    I can't see that well, so driving in traffic in the city is not for me.

When some other closer grocery store opens, that is where I will go, if it is a good or bad store, because it is closer, less driving.

Those of you that have a choice and can hunt and pick, well, good for you.
    Remember to be thankful you can do so.
    Also remember not to question why others may not have a choice and be as lucky as you are.
    Bluey, I agree, some people just don't have a choice, but I hope that those of us who do, by refusing to shop at Walmart, will help push change for the better.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    We've hit the big time. We have a Meijer super store AND a Kroger Marketplace. Woohoo! Both have better deals than Walmart if you shop the sales.
    Last time I was in Lexington I stopped at a Kroger Marketplace- the smaller store was nice. I'm jealous of your Meijer- I want one in Elizabethtown!

1 members found this post helpful.