The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default American Horror Story

I just discovered this show on Netflix. I watched some of the first season but couldn't get much into it. One of my friends suggested that I watch season 2 "Asylum" so I bought it on Amazon Prime.

Holy crap what an awesome show!! I usually don't dig the horror genre but this is definitely more psychological than slasher. Every time I feel like I have something figured out, they throw a wrench in it! I only have 2 more episodes to watch and I fear falling into a depression when it's over. Anyone want to discuss the plot?!

Does anyone know when season 3 premiers and what it might be about? I can't wait!
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

Season 3 comes out this fall. So far they've signed at least 4 of the actors on for next season again. Except for saying that season 3 would be both "happier and spookier" than Asylum there hasn't been any other hints yet.
    I saw the entire Asylum and was totally hooked! Horror done right, so rare these days! Not just cheesy special affect slasher crap.
    I didn't even know there was a Season One until part way through season 2. So I've yet to see that yet. I've heard Asylum was creepier/darker than Murder House, but that Murder House was excellent in it's own way too. Jessica Lange won an Emmy for it IIRC. She'll probably get one for Asylum...Sister Jude rocks! (although sister Mary Eunice was fun!)

Best spot I found for spoilers, discussion and news on Asylum was a blog called "horrorboom" online. They do scary movies, etc too...but they have an enormous section on AHS Asylum too. And lots of links to other interviews about it.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    Season 3 comes out this fall. So far they've signed at least 4 of the actors on for next season again. Except for saying that season 3 would be both "happier and spookier" than Asylum there hasn't been any other hints yet.
    I saw the entire Asylum and was totally hooked! Horror done right, so rare these days! Not just cheesy special affect slasher crap.
    I didn't even know there was a Season One until part way through season 2. So I've yet to see that yet. I've heard Asylum was creepier/darker than Murder House, but that Murder House was excellent in it's own way too. Jessica Lange won an Emmy for it IIRC. She'll probably get one for Asylum...Sister Jude rocks! (although sister Mary Eunice was fun!)

Best spot I found for spoilers, discussion and news on Asylum was a blog called "horrorboom" online. They do scary movies, etc too...but they have an enormous section on AHS Asylum too. And lots of links to other interviews about it.
    Personally, I found Season one scarier than season two. I thought season two was more Saw-like and I guess I must have more fear of living in a haunted house than being locked up unjustly in an insane asylum, however unjustified that might be.

And there was a hint at next season. I don't know if we're right or not but (maybe or maybe not SPOILER ALERT) they announced one episode was a hint to next season's theme and that episode had a a few references to witchcraft. Might not be right, but there you go.

I enjoy the show.

1 members found this post helpful.

My daughter and I are both huge horror fans and when I started watching Asylum I told her about it. She was annoyed that she couldn't watch it (no pay cable, she had to wait until it came out later) but she bought season one and watched that.

She was so engrossed in that season that she sat and watched the entire season in a single day! She said it was absolutely phenominal and that the acting was fantastic too. She just started watching Asylum yesterday, said after the first episode she didnt think it was as good as Murder House but now she's on episode 3 and is getting into it. She said it was tough at first because she just watched season one not too long ago and had a hard time seeing the same people playing different parts, LOL!

So I'm still waiting to see season one...and I REALLY want to see that!
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Heard a rumor that next season is about witches...
    Love, love, love this show...HATED the season finale of Season 2

season 2 SUCKED, in comparison to season 1. I LOVED season 1, couldnt even watch season 2 though I tried. They better bring it back up to standard for season 3 or I fear it won't be back.

Season 2 started off great and then flew off the rails at warp speed about half-way through. The acting was still great, but the episodes were terrible.
    You are what you dare.

I really loved how they wrapped up the season in the last episode. I thought it was beautifully done.
    -Debbie / NH

My Blog: http://deborahsulli.blogspot.com/

I discovered Asylum on a Friday night when nothing else was on. I think I started with episode 8. Had absolutely NO idea what was going on, but I could not stop watching!! I then purchased the whole season through Amazon and watched all of it the next day. Loved it!! Now I have to go back and catch up on Season 1.
    "Life is too short to be a slave to the whims of others." -- RugBug, COTH