The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

HAHAHA!! Salary increase?!? Every employee of my company had to take a 10% pay CUT a few years ago. We are all happy that the company is still in business. No raises at all for oh, at least 6 years, then the 10% cut. And it's not like there are any jobs like mine out there in this area. I'm going to be 55 this summer and just hope my company lasts 2 or 3 more years . . . .
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

1 members found this post helpful.

Maybe I am living in some sort of a bubble, but I have worked in the corporate world, at Fortune 500 companies, for the last 18 years. It is pretty standard to only receive between 1%-5% salary increases annually. Bonuses or profit sharing are neither expected or guaranteed.

I feel lucky and grateful to have a job... THANKS CORPORATE AMERICA!
    "I'm holding out for the $100,000 Crossrail Classic in 2012." --mem
    "With all due respect.. may I suggest you take up Croquet?" --belambi
    Proud Member of the Opinionated Redhead Club!

This year I received a 10% raise. Last year I think it may have 5%... We are anticipating great growth over the next few years.

I love my job. I work for a small company - we currently have 10 employees. I am admin support staff... the only other admin is the bookkeeper/office manager and she works two days a week, so I am the main admin. I've been working there for 5-1/2 years and every year have gotten a raise, save for one year a couple of years ago. They wanted to, but funds were limited.

The only group of people who have consistently gotten big raises in the past 10 years are the CEOs. The rest of us are happy we still have jobs, and happy when we get our 1-3% raises.

The max at the company I work for is 5%/year, unless you get promoted. I am the longest-tenured employee in my position in my office, after two longterm employees left within 3 months of each other. I went to my boss and asked for a raise, as I am now the go-to person and our customers know it.

Nope. I got more duties, but no raise. So I'm in the job market.
    It's a uterus, not a clown car. - Sayyedati

No raises. Nada.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboymom View Post
    No raises. Nada.
    Same. This coming April it will be six years since I've had a raise. Last year's Christmas bonus was, I'll allow, very generous, but this year's not so much.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

We've been frozen for years, although it looks like there might be a very small COLA in the pipeline for this year.
    According to the Mayan calendar, the world will not end this week. Please plan your life accordingly.

What's a raise? I'm making 25% LESS money than I did 5 years ago. I actually make less than the entry level wage in my field despite 20 years experience. But, there are very few jobs available in this area so I have to settle for what I can get. The boss loves to tell people if they don't like it they can leave. There are dozens of people willing to take their position.

ETA: I did get a ham for Christmas (but I don't eat pork).
    Crayola Posse - Pine Green
    RIP Whinnie Pine (June 4, 1977 - April 29, 2008)

our owner did buy a new AMG 630SL ...then ordered special color wheels for the thing at an extra $7,000 ....

and because of the Afford Health Care Act our health insurance was re-written from a $500 deductible to a $5,000 deductible....

then the sob said we were not producing enough sales.... now I understand why there is work place violence

I am ready to walk out the door, resumes are out

I got a 2% increase for 2013. The bank I work for makes billions in profits, raises the fees for the customers, dumps more work load on sales officers like me, and increases our sales target. I'm tired of getting yelled at by irate customers, but with 26 years in, 7 to go until retirement and a meager pension, it's tough to leave at this stage in my career.
    "My doctrine is this, that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt.”
    ― Anna Sewell

This is all so sad. So many of us working long and hard with no reward. And then so many with top notch qualifications who are unemployed.

Yes, I'm glad I have this job. But like others, I also work hard for it. One can only be so grateful......

Snort! Salary increase???? Haven't seen one of those since...I actually can't remember. So if you are getting one at all, you are doing well, IMO!