The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Show Name Ideas

Hello! I lease a horse named Beethoven, and I really want to find a good, creative, show name for him. He is a 16.2hh chestnut Hanoverian, who has a slow, rolling canter and lazy trot (But we are working on it). He is extremely affectionate, and is the most caring horse I have ever met. He used to be an A circuit hunter, but is now slow and lazy (again, we are working on it.) My trainer really wants me to enter in some tiny schooling shows in the spring, and I don't want to just enter him as Beethoven. I will most likely enter hunter under saddle, over crossrails, and maybe 2 foor ot 2'3. Any creative ideas? I've always liked show names that are puns, are funny, are unusual, or are slightly longer. For example: Go On Be Sneaky, SoFarSoGood, Call Me Classy, Sheza Master Star, etc. I would like something that either has his name in it (preferred) or is related to music.

So far my ideas are:

Beethoven's Symphony
    Write Me A Symphony
    Ride Me A Symphony

But I don't particularly like any of them.

Ideas?

Thanks!!!
    -zigzagz

Cool here's a suggestion...

Quote Originally Posted by zigzagz View Post
    Hello! I lease a horse named Beethoven, and I really want to find a good, creative, show name for him. He is a 16.2hh chestnut Hanoverian, who has a slow, rolling canter and lazy trot (But we are working on it). He is extremely affectionate, and is the most caring horse I have ever met. He used to be an A circuit hunter, but is now slow and lazy (again, we are working on it.) My trainer really wants me to enter in some tiny schooling shows in the spring, and I don't want to just enter him as Beethoven. I will most likely enter hunter under saddle, over crossrails, and maybe 2 foor ot 2'3. Any creative ideas? I've always liked show names that are puns, are funny, are unusual, or are slightly longer. For example: Go On Be Sneaky, SoFarSoGood, Call Me Classy, Sheza Master Star, etc. I would like something that either has his name in it (preferred) or is related to music.

So far my ideas are:

Beethoven's Symphony
    Write Me A Symphony
    Ride Me A Symphony

But I don't particularly like any of them.

Ideas?

Thanks!!!
    -zigzagz
    Wellll, do you know the song Roll Over Beethoven by the Beatles?
    (I think they covered it - can't remember who sang it first). Anyhow, how about Jump Over Beethoven?

Oooh I love it! People recommended Roll Over Beethoven as well, which I love, but no one got it and thought I wanted him to roll over :P

1 members found this post helpful.

Lightbulb lol

Glad you like it - hope it brings you good luck..keep us posted on your progress.
    Last edited by Ridesrealfast; Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:15 AM. Reason: obsessive speller

The Great White North, where we get taxed out the wazoo

Take the Fifth?

What was his show name before. If he was an A circuit hunter he already has a show name and name recognition is always a good thing.

I think Beethoven, alone, is an elegant name. Have always been a fan of one word show names--I just feel they are classy and memorable. Sometimes less is more (though Write Me a Symphony sounds gorgeous). Good luck at the show...he sounds like an AWESOME horse!