The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

I love the comic book store too! The one where all the girls go in together and Stuart is having to back off the patrons who've never seen women before is a scream.

I'd love to meet Jim Parsons in person. I wonder if he is just as droll in real life. I've youtube-d some interviews with him and he seems to be.

The actor that plays Raj was on Conan talking about his wedding a while back. Too funny - and very urbane in real life.

Loving the new commercials with Kaley Cuoco and William Shatner. Brilliant move Priceline!
    If you believe everything you read, better not read. -- Japanese Proverb

Oh my gosh. Thanks for posting the flash mob. Actually, I saw the flash mob before but it was a shorter version. And that was the first time I saw anything about the BBT. But it was so much fun, I tuned into the show, and LOVED it. But watching this longer version of the flash mob was great. I feel like a "know" the characters now, so it's even funnier.

You all have mentioned some episodes that I really want to see (ballpit sound really funny!) but haven't yet. Can't wait.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

I've just started watching recently, and every episode I think "how did I not know about this show before?!" Most TV shows, I kind of half pay attention and read a book or surf the net at the same time... not BBT. I was watching online yesterday while doing random catch-up stuff at work.. not conducive to getting work done!

I didn't know all that about Amy/Blossom/Real Name, very cool!

Howard's mother and the shouting cracks me up, especially the episode before he and Bernadette are married and they spend a weekend with her .

Penny isn't stupid. She's not all that book smart, nor does she care to be. She's got common sense and great social skills, and she's happy with herself.
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne FS View Post
    It's not spelling police, it's someone's name! And "Rodge" wasn't even close. If I'd been off on somebody's name like that, I'd appreciate knowing.
    Oh my goodness....really? Over a sitcom?

I thought Mayim/Amy being an actual neuroscientist was cool, too!
    Neat thing is, her "back up" schools that she was also accepted into were Harvard and Yale. But she chose UCLA. \
    I saw an interview of her online and she was asked if she was a technical advisor on the show, she said "Not really but they ask me a lot if they got something right or pronounced something right."
    She still has some serious acting chops...she's phenominal in that show! I also didn't realize at first...she never wears pants. And she doesn't IRL either. She always wears skirts or dresses according to her faith and they wrote that into her wardrobe for the show. They wanted to dress her like a boy, so she wears more masculine tops but always with a skirt. \
    And Howard Wolowitz's wardrobe always has an alien pin on his turtleneck and every outfit has a different decorative belt buckle for it, LOL!
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I think it's great that Amy/Blossom/Mayim plays a neurobiologist on the show and is a neuroscientist IRL. And that when filming they ask her often if the dialogue is correct or not, LOL!

For some HILARIOUS watching, look up Big Bang Theory panel at Comic Con on youtube. They've had the cast on there a few years and they take questions from the audience.

Penny is a serious rider IRL. Shows, jumpers.
    OMG I didn't even figure out that she was BLOSSOM!! OMG wow!
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

Quote Originally Posted by Nootka View Post
    OMG I didn't even figure out that she was BLOSSOM!! OMG wow!
    Pre-Blossom, Mayim Bialik had a part in the movie "Beaches," playing the younger version of Bette Midler's character.

Here she is belting out "The Glory of Love" -- how cute is this!?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_2PAwX86m4

She was really good in that...and a believable looking younger version of Bette.

She also has her own website and youtube channel from the years before she returned to acting in TBBT. Mostly discussing science and religion. And they played a rerun of her on What Not To Wear (I think it's called). She was funny on there...kept saying, "But I'm comfy!"
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

We have a hard time finding anything on TV we feel like watching, but we couldn't believe it when we stumbled on BBT. (Actually loved Flight of the Conchords, too, though) Laugh out loud funny, pretty much every show. Jim Parsons is an incredibly gifted actor, but love them all. Penny rides jumpers, has jumped 4', maybe she's reading these, hope so!
    Mon Ogon (Mojo), black/bay 16 H TB Gelding

Yeah, before this thread I hadn't realized "Penny" was a jumper. I looked it up and found the video of her on Lettermen showing her scars from a riding mishap. I feel for her, because I'm healing from a crushed ankle from a riding incident, too. But mine's not nearly as bad as hers! I knew I liked her for some reason! haha. Also saw a few pics of her riding. Does anyone know if she owns her own horse(s) or just rides others' right now?

Oh, I forgot Mayim was on Beaches! Cute video.
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxFarm View Post
    Also saw a few pics of her riding. Does anyone know if she owns her own horse(s) or just rides others' right now?

Oh, I forgot Mayim was on Beaches! Cute video.
    From an interview of her
    "I took my first riding lesson at 15, and I've ridden almost every day since. Two years ago, I fell off my horse and crushed my leg. Before surgery, I had to sign a contract saying it was OK if they had to amputate! When I awoke with my leg, I was so happy. I was back on the horse while the cast was still on. I have four horses, and they are my everything. I was determined not to lose that. I am a little more careful now!"
    Epona Farm
    Irish Draughts and Irish Sport horses

Join us on Facebook

2 members found this post helpful.

^^^ I like her even better now!

The episode we are watching right now is Howard with the robotic arm ....
    really, truly, laugh out loud funny.
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

Mr. Indy and I adore this show. We watch it whenever we can find it on tv and it gets quoted a ridiculous amount in our house.

One of my more recent favorite episodes was from the other week with Sheldon describing his fictitious coitus with Amy
    "When our bathing-suit areas mash together, boy howdy is it magic!"
    "For a whimsical time, call Leonard Hoffsteadder"

I've been watching Teen Jeopardy this week and one of the kids in the finals on Monday is named Leonard Cooper - it's like he's the love child of Sheldon and Leonard (looks nothing like them, but his name is awesome).

1 members found this post helpful.

Someone posted this in Off Course back in December, an article on Kaley Cuoco with photos of her riding. She rides jumpers, and she's not hopping little fences!
    http://www.self.com/healthystars/201...1220_2#slide=5

Indy, IIRC I think Leonard and Sheldon's characters are named after a single scientist...and I can't remember if the guy's name was Leonard Sheldon or Cooper Hoffstedder. One of those I think.

I would cheer for the guy named Leonard Cooper!
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Thanks for posting that picture, MistyBlue. Really very nice.
    ¯ Oscar Wilde