The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Nother huge fan from the 1st episode. My favorite episode was the one where Howard has some gadget from the lab that he uses to get off on and it gets stuck. Leonard and Raj have to take him all covered up to the ER... Back at home, he just can't resist, and uses it again....and of course it gets stuck again.... I laugh out loud at this show more than anyother except maybe some episodes of Fraiser

I love ALMOST everything about this show. Except for the Howard/Howard's Mother screaming at each other thing. I can't stand that.
    I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.

Yeah, the women characters do get a lot of grief: Leslie Winkle I believe is no longer on the show (by that actor's own choice), Bernadette is the smartest but talks in a baby voice, Amy is desperate for a bf, Penny is stupid, Howard's mother is a monster, Sheldon's mother is a religious freak, and the mother who is well-educated (Leonard's mother) is cold & heartless.

I love this show. I randomly watched it one day and was hooked. I made my husband watch a couple episodes and he loves it now too.

My favorite episode was the one where Penny gets Sheldon a Christmas present and he spends the whole episode figuring out what to get her in return.

2 members found this post helpful.

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Thank you 2dogs - Christine Baranski - was she in Mama Mia? (my husband thought so).
    Yup - your husband is right
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

Me too! I can't believe I've only been watching it for about 2 months (catching up on TBS and I bought the DVDs for myself for Christmas). Penny cracks me up, especially in the episode where the hot chick moves in upstairs and the boys are falling all over themselves to impress her. "They don't know to put up their shields . . . like in Star Trek when you go to war, you have to put up your shields . . . where the heck did THAT come from?"

3 members found this post helpful.

I have found my home!!! My hubby and I LOVE TBBT too!

Thank God for TBS, and they play 2 episodes on our FOX channel every night too.

My favorite TBBT moment remains the earlier episode where Sheldon is obsessed with trying to figure out some theorem and winds up in a kid's ballpit at night. When Leonard goes in to get him, Sheldon dives under the balls and pops up saying "BAZINGA!" before diving back down again.

My hubby and I also fight over who gets to shout "BANG!" at the end of the show's theme
    The only thing the government needs to solve all of its problems is a Council of Common Sense.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne FS View Post
    Yeah, the women characters do get a lot of grief: Leslie Winkle I believe is no longer on the show (by that actor's own choice), Bernadette is the smartest but talks in a baby voice, Amy is desperate for a bf, Penny is stupid, Howard's mother is a monster, Sheldon's mother is a religious freak, and the mother who is well-educated (Leonard's mother) is cold & heartless.
    Penny is stupid? I think you are not paying attention.
    Founding member of the "I Miss bar.ka" clique
    Founding member of the "I Miss Pocket Trainer" clique

7 members found this post helpful.

I think it's great that Amy/Blossom/Mayim plays a neurobiologist on the show and is a neuroscientist IRL. And that when filming they ask her often if the dialogue is correct or not, LOL!

For some HILARIOUS watching, look up Big Bang Theory panel at Comic Con on youtube. They've had the cast on there a few years and they take questions from the audience.

Penny is a serious rider IRL. Shows, jumpers.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Quote Originally Posted by yaya View Post
    I'm such a geek, that whenever Leslie Winkle calls Sheldon a dumbass, I want him to quote Admiral Kirk's line from Star Trek IV: " Well, double dumbass on you!"
    Yes! Then some comments on other colorful metaphors. Perhaps Sheldon could find the nuclear wessels?
    Forward momentum!

Quote Originally Posted by SillyHorse View Post
    Penny is stupid? I think you are not paying attention.
    Not at all. Her character has evolved a little, but if you've been watching it from the beginning, yes, she is. Doesn't mean she's not a nice person.

Quote Originally Posted by Dramapony_misty View Post
    I have found my home!!! My hubby and I LOVE TBBT too!

Thank God for TBS, and they play 2 episodes on our FOX channel every night too.

My favorite TBBT moment remains the earlier episode where Sheldon is obsessed with trying to figure out some theorem and winds up in a kid's ballpit at night. When Leonard goes in to get him, Sheldon dives under the balls and pops up saying "BAZINGA!" before diving back down again.

My hubby and I also fight over who gets to shout "BANG!" at the end of the show's theme
    OMG, this is one my favorite scenes EVER! I giggle uncontrollably every time I see it.

I also die over the scene when Sheldon takes Penny to the ER and tries to comfort her. "There, there." The contorted smile he tries to make is priceless!

But I think my all time favorite quote is from the episode where he and Amy start the rumor that they've slept together:

Amy: "I described your lovemaking as aloof, but effective."
    Sheldon: "I wish you hadn't done that! That's going to make me a chick magnet, and I'm so busy as it is!"

2 members found this post helpful.

Default Where to begin

...on all my favorite episodes and scenes?

Love the episode where Sheldon, after breaking up with Amy, collects cats:
    Leonard: "Go ahead, be like my Aunt Nancy. She had dozens of them. You know what happened when she died? They ATE HER!"
    Sheldon: "You don't have to sell me on cats, Leonard. I'm already a fan."

But the winner has to be Sheldon's reaction to Penny's Christmas gift.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlhHTdDqoBc

I just started watching it and am DVRing the reruns to catch up. Why didn't I listen to anyone before about how funny this show is??!!

I love Sheldon's lack of knowledge of social norms, or even when he does know about them he doesn't get the "why", as I confess I feel the same way sometimes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I'm just wondering too how much money The Bare Naked Ladies (a local band) made on that theme music.
    I like the episode that uses the Bare Naked Ladies "Yoko" song as a montage for the grad student who was stalking Sheldon. LOL

And - trivia here - Penny's last name has never been mentioned. Her father (Keith Carridine) was only introduced as Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne FS View Post
    It's Raj.

Agree with you, though. Although I watch it in reruns on TBS, it's the only network tv show I ever watch.
    LOL.. what is it with the spelling police on here these days?

I wonder how many lines are improvised? Sheldon (did I spell that right? ) had a line this season talking about Penny possibly being hypnotized and what she might do while hypnotized...."she might think she's a chicken pecking corn" and then started making lude gestures with his head. I wonder if Jim Parsons came up with that on his own?

Side note..Jim is in his 40s, playing with a cast of 20 year olds

I love BBT, too. I even watch the reruns , and I never watch reruns of anything. I love pretty much everything about it.

I agree that Penny was introduced as a beautiful dumb blonde to be the perfect foil for our nerdy heroes, but she has since evolved into much, much more and, IMO, they've moved to portraying her as being average in book smarts with superior street smarts and social skills.

Yep, love it! I even have the Sheldon Cooper bobble-head!

I teach 7th grade, and it's so funny when I reference that show- only the top two or three nerdy kids "get it" at that age! Last year (first year I was really into it), I often talked in class about how much I loved Sheldon. Well, near the end of the year, I had a few girls ask me if they could come in early one day because they needed to talk to me. I obliged, and they proceeded to stage a "Sheldon Intervention" for me. One of them found out that Jim Parsons is gay in real life, so they had to sit me down and break the news to me. I then told them that I'm in love with the character, not the actor, but the moment was absolutely priceless!!
    "Life is too short to be a slave to the whims of others." -- RugBug, COTH

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by dalpal View Post
    Side note..Jim is in his 40s, playing with a cast of 20 year olds
    Johnny Galecki (Leonard) is 37.
    Simon Helberg (Howard) and Kunal Nayyar (Raj) are early 30's.

I'm a little embarrassed that I know this.

It's easily found on IMDB. And Jim won't be 40 until March.