The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    When Leonard first moved in, he was conducting an ill-advised science experiment (with rocket fuel?) in the apartment. As it started to take a bad turn, he took the apparatus into the elevator to take it out of the building. Sheldon followed him, put down the thing in the elevator, then dragged Leonard out as the doors closed.

As Leonard was saying there was nothing to worry about, the thing exploded in the elevator, putting it out of order.

So Sheldon pretty much saved Leonard's life, and also didn't tell anyone what happened. And they've been buds ever since.
    That is awesome! Must track down that episode and others now! Thanks for the recap MHM!

P.

I remember the first show I saw and I thought 'how quirky and smart is this?' - it can't last.....
    One station on the satellite plays show after show, and my husband and I just sit and watch and laugh.
    I love the Amy character too, and Howard's clothes.
    Did anyone notice that Leonard's old girlfriend (he turned up at her door wondering if they might have casual sex) was the woman who played the daughter on Rosanne, and the girlfriend of the character played by the actor who plays Leonard.
    And Sheldon's mom is played by the actress who was Rosanne's sister Jackie.

I'm just wondering too how much money The Bare Naked Ladies (a local band) made on that theme music.
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

Fred, that was why I started watching BBT! It came on and I said, "Oh hey, that's David Healy!" (from Roseann) So I watched for a few minutes and got hooked.

And I loved that Darlene was on it and how Sheldon hated her and she calls him Dumbass and I LOVE Sheldon's mom! She's hilarious! And so is Leonard's mom, LOL!
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Misty Blue, Darlene! I could not remember her name.
    What show was Leonard's mom on before? she is familiar but I can't place her.

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

Best.Sitcom.EVER!
    Love how they put together the ensemble
    Amy was a child star with her own series: Blossom
    And Leonard's Mom is Christine Baranski - Broadway actress & did a couple sitcoms - one with Cybill Shepard.

One of the few TV shows that can make me LOL no matter how many times I've heard the lines.
    Yes - I am addicted to the reruns as well....
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsFarm View Post
    Best.Sitcom.EVER!
    Love how they put together the ensemble
    Amy was a child star with her own series: Blossom
    And Leonard's Mom is Christine Baranski - Broadway actress & did a couple sitcoms - one with Cybill Shepard.

One of the few TV shows that can make me LOL no matter how many times I've heard the lines.
    Yes - I am addicted to the reruns as well....
    Thank you 2dogs - Christine Baranski - was she in Mama Mia? (my husband thought so).

gothedistance is offline AERC Decade Team - 2000-2010 Premium Member

Leonard's sitcom Mom, Christine Baranski, plays a legal firm partner on the current TV show 'The Good Wife'.

Sheldon' sitcom Mom, Laurie Metcalf, played Roseanne Bar's sister, Jackie, in 'Roseanne'. Her best.line.ever is when she walked into Sheldon's room during his 'crazy cat person' episode, stopped as if she walked into a brick wall and said with eyes opening wide "My, that's a .... powerful smell." Her ultra Texas evangelical outlook never fails to give me the giggles. Her character is a howl.

And Sara Gilbert who plays Leslie Winkle - she played Roseanne's daughter Darlene in 'Roseanne' and is on an all women talk show right now (The Talk) - wish they'd have her Leslie character back on TBBT again. I looooved her one liners to Sheldon. "Oooo. I'm so scared. Dumbass."

DH and I love this show, and the reruns never get boring.

3 members found this post helpful.

we're huge fans here too. the writing is superlative and it's a fabuous ensemble cast. penny is an equestrian in real life.
    i would totally pal around with this group too, funny sweet pepole that they are!

"So... you say you can't pay your rent..."

that episode had me howling in laughter.

Its true the reruns never get old.
    Just because you’re afraid, doesn’t mean you’re in danger. Just because you feel alone, doesn’t mean nobody loves you. Just because you think you might fail, doesn’t mean you will.

Count me as a fan of Big Bang! I have no qualms watching the episodes over and over again It drives my DH absolutely batty that I have to sing the song from it each and every time it's on.
    “While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats.” Mark Twain

I'm such a geek, that whenever Leslie Winkle calls Sheldon a dumbass, I want him to quote Admiral Kirk's line from Star Trek IV: " Well, double dumbass on you!"

When I was in high school, I hung around a bunch of guys just like them. Even dated a couple. But I was more like Leslie or Amy than Penny.

Quote Originally Posted by Polydor View Post
    That is awesome! Must track down that episode and others now! Thanks for the recap MHM!

P.
    You're welcome.

That is a great episode. It was so clever the way they touched on so many themes that would be pertinent throughout the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I'm just wondering too how much money The Bare Naked Ladies (a local band) made on that theme music.
    I read somewhere that initially they didn't even write a whole song. They just wrote a little snippet of 30 seconds or whatever length it was for the credits. Then when the show took off, they went back and wrote the rest of the song because there was so much demand for it. Lucky break for them!

Huge fan as well. I was just watching the re-runs on TBS last night (like I do most nights). The second season is the best, but this season is coming close. Way too many funny things in the second season to mention. That's where rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock came from.

Hubby got me hooked too.

Leonard was Rusty (the son) on National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    When Leonard first moved in, he was conducting an ill-advised science experiment (with rocket fuel?) in the apartment. As it started to take a bad turn, he took the apparatus into the elevator to take it out of the building. Sheldon followed him, put down the thing in the elevator, then dragged Leonard out as the doors closed.

As Leonard was saying there was nothing to worry about, the thing exploded in the elevator, putting it out of order.

So Sheldon pretty much saved Leonard's life, and also didn't tell anyone what happened. And they've been buds ever since.
    Actually, it's a brilliant story line because without it there would not be all those conversations up/down three flights of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by dalpal View Post
    Rodge dating his phone episode
    It's Raj.

Agree with you, though. Although I watch it in reruns on TBS, it's the only network tv show I ever watch.

Best moment ever: Oh, it's a TIARA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i_WpYc3YI4

It's the only TV show I've watched from the very first episode and never tired of. I still laugh at all the re-runs, and I am laughing out loud just reading this thread and reminiscing!

LOVE it.
    Ottbs - The finish line is only the beginning!

Oh, the sheer unadulterated JOY I find in watching The Big Bang Theory is unreal...

My current favorite:
    Sheldon: When would a monkey need a trunk?
    Penny: When a suitcase just won't do!

Quarry Rat

I started watching it on and off over the past year. Recently saw the episode where Amy had a cold... and then faked it to keep Sheldon around to take care of her.

The last minute of that episode is the funniest thing I've ever seen on TV.