The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

All i can say is if cats are bad invasives in nz &au they have bigger issues with cain toads killing native species, those suckers arent bias as to who they kill! Their secretions kill any small/medium animal as they are not native and immunity isnt there

Kinda need a special animal to control those toads!

Circle of life
    Cats are opportunists they dont premeditate so its not murder, its life!

We dont need another plague, sidenote creeps me out kids play/sing ring around the rosey...if they/people really knew its origin and basically its facts About the plague! Not cute at all!!!
    Beyond the Ring-para dressage, training, coaching
    www.facebook.com/btrparadressage

Proud Team Four Star Minion! Renegade for Life!

Quote Originally Posted by *Teddy* View Post
    if they/people really knew its origin and basically its facts About the plague! Not cute at all!!!
    Not according to Snopes.

But I do think that the dearth of cats (which led to the plethora of rats) stemmed from the assumption that cats were in league with the devil and were witches' familiars. The beginnings of cats getting a bad rap!
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

"Dogs are man's best friend. Cats are man's adorable little serial killer." I'm stealing that for my signature line.

1 members found this post helpful.

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but my cats are pacificsts. I think they're Quakers. The old lady used to hunt birds when she was young and still allowed outdoors (none of them are now) but she would bring them to me completely unharmed. And growl at me as I took them away from her so they could fly away.

My four found a mouse in the dining room at Christmas time and just sat there and looked at it. It ran right over Oliver's paws. Useless cats.

My poor departed Simon was quite the killer, though. His specialty was chipmunks that got into the house.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by vacation1 View Post
    , as TNR becomes the feline version of no-kill, where you either agree with them completely or you're a POS who wants animals to die.
    Very good point. I also used to think TNR was the only way to go, but I'm starting to reconsider. I do think it encourages dumping - our neighborhood is simply inundated with kitties because we're a bunch of softies and nearly every block has a "crazy cat lady" living on it. Yeah, they participate in TNR, but it can get out of control fast. And not every neighbor is on board with hoards of felines running around, especially as they get under the pier and beam houses.

At some point people have got to stop throwing away their kitties. (and dogs! Literally hundreds get turned into the shelters every day!) But it seems like the responsible pet owners are far outnumbered by the idiots around here. It's maddening.

1 members found this post helpful.