The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Smile Norsire Farm Defamation suit DISMISSED

Please read the following articles. Bridget Kline Perry was telling the truth all the time as you can see from the Northern Virginia Daily article of October 4, 2013 where Mr. Ebersole was guilty on 4 counts of animal cruelty.

I think all of you who said bad things about Ms. Perry owe her an apology, but are you man/women enough to eat your words and do it is another story.

http://www.nvdaily.com/news/2013/10/...al-cruelty.php

http://valawyersweekly.com/wp-files/pdf/013-3-258.pdf

http://www.aaronkellylaw.com/defamat...ok-defamation/

2 members found this post helpful.

I've seen this guy at work, never had a doubt she was telling the truth!
    Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

Proud Closet Canterer! Member Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

1 members found this post helpful.

Cool Defense "quits" on 2nd day of trial

Quote Originally Posted by summerhorse View Post
    Defense ‘quits’ on 2nd day of trial
    Posted: October 5, 2013
    By Melissa Boughton
    The Winchester Star

WINCHESTER— Day two of Russell L. Ebersole’s bench trial ended suddenly on Friday with a plea agreement and the Stephenson-based kennel owner’s conviction on four counts of animal cruelty.

The 53-year-old owner of Aberdeen Acres Pet Care Center did not admit guilt, but essentially “just quit,” according to his attorney Roger Inger.

Judge Clifford “Clay” Athey accepted the agreement — which calls for no sentencing cap or range — after a full day of testimony on Thursday in Frederick County Circuit Court detailing Ebersole’s abusive training practices.

Seven animal-cruelty charges remain — two of the 13 charges were struck on Thursday — but are expected to not be prosecuted, as part of the plea deal.

Ebersole will be sentenced at 11 a.m. on Dec. 6.

The four animal-cruelty charges are Class 1 misdemeanors, each punishable by up to 12 months in jail and a $2,500 fine.

Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Andrew Robbins said after Friday’s hearing that he was not completely surprised at the outcome of the case, but thought it was in the best interest of the residents of Frederick County.

“Plea agreements are always possible,” he said. “We always try to remain open-minded.”

While he would not indicate the punishment he would seek at the sentencing hearing, Robbins said he can argue for anything within the animal cruelty statute.

He said the investigation and prosecution of Ebersole took some time — all of the charges were from 2010 and 2011 — because “it had to be done right.”

“We only get one shot at it,” he added. “[Ebersole] would not have agreed to [a plea deal] if we didn’t have our ducks in a row.”

Cases of animal abuse for which Ebersole was found guilty — based on the testimony of witnesses — involve: Flash, a bloodhound that was kicked by Ebersole until he defecated on himself; Abby, a poodle that Ebersole shocked numerous times, threw and jabbed with a wooden agility pole; Achilles, an Italian mastiff that Ebersole choked until the blood vessels in his eyes burst; and Owen, a Labrador retriever puppy that Ebersole suspended off the ground by a choke collar so many times that he defecated on himself.

Robbins said he preferred not to comment about the reason those cases were selected to convict Ebersole until after the sentencing hearing.

Ebersole, who returned on Friday with a German shepherd service dog, declined to comment about the plea agreement.

When asked how his business was faring through the trial, he said “all will be well.”

While Ebersole awaits sentencing, he is permitted to own, train and associate with dogs. He can also continue to operate his business.

According to the Animal Legal and Historical Center, a Virginia dog kennel is defined as “any establishment in which five or more canines, felines or hybrids of either are kept for the purpose of breeding, hunting, training, renting, buying, boarding, selling or showing.”

Specific licenses for a kennel must be applied for, approved and maintained, but it is unclear if animal-cruelty convictions would interfere with that process.

Robbins said he is unaware of any specific law to that effect.

He can, however, request at the sentencing hearing that the court prohibit Ebersole from possessing or owning companion animals, according to the Virginia cruelty to animals statute.

The statute also states that the court can require Ebersole to attend an anger-management or other appropriate treatment program or obtain psychiatric or psychological counseling.

What a jerk!
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

He was found guilty based on witness testimony of torturing and abusing dogs, yet is allowed to "continue to own, train and associate with dogs" until he is sentenced??!!?? What the hell is wrong with this system?!

This loser needs much more than anger management counseling.
    Mary/New Horizons Haflinger Sport Horses
    Standing Stellar TVR, lifetime licensed with WE, RPSI, AWS, AHR
    www.newhorizonshaflingers.com
    www.facebook.com/NewHorizonsHaflingers

Quote Originally Posted by delaurel66 View Post
    I think all of you who said bad things about Ms. Perry owe her an apology, but are you man/women enough to eat your words and do it is another story.

http://www.nvdaily.com/news/2013/10/...al-cruelty.php

http://valawyersweekly.com/wp-files/pdf/013-3-258.pdf

http://www.aaronkellylaw.com/defamat...ok-defamation/
    Is that why you are spamming me with private messages? I believe I said from the beginning that I was on Perry's side for this one. But my past experiences with her I am not impressed. I don't call fellow breeders on the phone to bad mouth other peoples homes and farms. I will not apologize for not being a fan of Perry. So please quit sending me private messages.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
    He was found guilty based on witness testimony of torturing and abusing dogs, yet is allowed to "continue to own, train and associate with dogs" until he is sentenced??!!?? What the hell is wrong with this system?!

This loser needs much more than anger management counseling.
    http://pitbull.shawwebspace.ca/videos/

Check out the above link and see for your self how Mr. Ebersole trains.

Quote Originally Posted by summerhorse View Post

I'm beginning to suspect that this new poster, delaurel66, is Bridget.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

3 members found this post helpful.

What does this topic have to do with Sport Horse Breeding, let alone horses at all? How many people even remember the original thread?
    "...it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Sonesta:

If you were as smart as you THINK you are. You would have put delaurel66 in a web browser and you would have found out I own my own farm, and I am NOT Bridget. Just get with the program that Ms. Perry was telling the truth. Is that so hard for you? [edit]
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Oct. 11, 2013 at 08:07 AM.

Well, bless your heart, honey. Aren't you just the best friend anyone could have?
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by delaurel66 View Post
    Sonesta:

If you were as smart as you THINK you are. You would have put delaurel66 in a web browser and you would have found out I own my own farm, and I am NOT Bridget. Just get with the program that Ms. Perry was telling the truth. Is that so hard for you? [edit]
    Seriously? Where is a Mod when you need one? And I agree, what does this topic have to do with sport horse breeding? It seems to be about dogs.
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Oct. 11, 2013 at 08:07 AM.
    Sheila Armstrong

Let's avoid the insults and keep the thread focused on the main topic vs. personal commentary about each other or the people involved.

Thanks,
    Mod 1