The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default WOW!! Talk about a talented all around horse!!

This was posted on the Horse Tradin' Classifieds today:

http://www.horsetradin.com/viewlisting.php?view=43556

Here's the text:
    Healthy and large Horse with good build and big jump. Has competed in Hunter Jumper shows, barrel racing and fox hunts. Jumps 3 foot with ease, swims in the pond and can out run any horse, Pops has never lost a race. This pony is a blast to ride, has good brakes and is always ready to go. email for more photos.Any questions please you can contact me via email for more details and pics.

I especially love a horse that can jump a 3 ft. course and then swim in the pond. And he's never lost a race, either. At only $2800 sound like a bargain. Oh, and it's a Majikal Gypsy Vanner STALLION, so I can get my money back!

Can you say "scamarama?"

Well.. I was going to say there ARE all rounders! My old OTTB was one:

Evented to prelim
    Did Jumper, eq. AND hunter classes
    Trail rode – bush wacked and swam
    Fast – he was a $250,000 yearling, but matured too slowly for the track (Irish bred)
    Fox Hunted
    Team Penned – yes, this TB would also chase cows!

There was a brief time that he was for sale (came to my senses and decided I could swing horse ownership and college) – and lets just say he was priced WELL beyond what this hairy guy is going for.

(too bad, looks like the add is gone)

I can say the same for all three of my previous Apps: 16 hand to 16.3 h.h. H/J, all evented (one to TL, one to Prelim, one to Intermediate), never hesitated to go into water, no matter how deep, I helped work cattle on them, dressage to 3rd level, plus unflappable dispositions. None were race horses, though one was race bred (a "great-grand-nephew" of Seabiscuit, LOL!) All other issues aside - could a GV outrun anything sound that was bigger than a Shetland?

Same I had a 3/4 TB 1/4 App mare as a youth. She did hunters(not her cup of tea, to hot) , jumpers and Eq. Did dressage through first level. Ran barrels and poles was a very competitive poles horse , reining , team penned, and I trail rode her all over town.

I under appreciated her as a youth she took a really tactful ride. Now I'd give up an organ for one just like her.

Nobody ever knew she was an App big and solid black with a few tiny white flecks.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Add me to the list who doesn't see anything exceptional in the original ad.

It sounds like a good, low-level, all around horse and is priced as such. The ad doesn't say it's winning at everything, just that the horse is versatile.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Halt Near X View Post
    Add me to the list who doesn't see anything exceptional in the original ad.

It sounds like a good, low-level, all around horse and is priced as such. The ad doesn't say it's winning at everything, just that the horse is versatile.
    LOL, never lost a race...(ok, here is where the breed comes in) A Gypsy Vanner.

What did they race in SIMS land?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    LOL, never lost a race...(ok, here is where the breed comes in) A Gypsy Vanner.

What did they race in SIMS land?
    Who knows? Who really cares? Either it's faster than you'd expect for a Gypsy Vanner or they've raced it against other drafty types and it was the fastest of relatively slow groups of horses. If someone really wants a racing Gypsy Vanner, they can follow up and find out the situation.

Good grief, people. They aren't claiming this horse is going to go out and win Pony Finals, the Kentucky Derby, and whatever the top tier barrel racing event is.

And they haven't priced it as such, either.

Have the skeptics REALLY never seen a horse that can do more than ride in a ring or jump eight jumps without losing its mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Halt Near X View Post
    Who knows? Who really cares? Either it's faster than you'd expect for a Gypsy Vanner or they've raced it against other drafty types and it was the fastest of relatively slow groups of horses. If someone really wants a racing Gypsy Vanner, they can follow up and find out the situation.

Good grief, people. They aren't claiming this horse is going to go out and win Pony Finals, the Kentucky Derby, and whatever the top tier barrel racing event is.

And they haven't priced it as such, either.

Have the skeptics REALLY never seen a horse that can do more than ride in a ring or jump eight jumps without losing its mind?

oh well, if it is too good to be true, it's MLP or a scam...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Guys I think you missed the point... the ad was a COMPLETE scam! They had three more ads for the same horse with varying versions of the same description. Seriously... A Gypsy Vanner? Hunter/Jumper, Barrel Racing and oh yes, he's a racehorse, too! I swear the line "Pops never lost a race" is a line straight out of the book "Seabiscuit!" I'm sure there are good TBs out there with great resume's, but I'm thinking a Gypsy Vanner Stallion for $2800 who does all those things does not exist, except in someone's imagination.

Lol I was thinking of the movie to when i read that. Just thought I was being silly. Yeah I do believe probably a scam but who knows.
    Horses aren't our whole life, but makes our life whole

Quote Originally Posted by downen View Post
    Guys I think you missed the point... the ad was a COMPLETE scam! They had three more ads for the same horse with varying versions of the same description. Seriously... A Gypsy Vanner? Hunter/Jumper, Barrel Racing and oh yes, he's a racehorse, too! I swear the line "Pops never lost a race" is a line straight out of the book "Seabiscuit!" I'm sure there are good TBs out there with great resume's, but I'm thinking a Gypsy Vanner Stallion for $2800 who does all those things does not exist, except in someone's imagination.
    Yeah.. This^. Though the market has dropped a little, a GV stallion for $2,800??? I have a friend in the north of England (near Nottingham) who had a GV (i.e., coloured cob) in training. I asked if he knew how much the owner had paid for it. He said, "Oh, somewhere between 400-500 pounds (less than $1,500). Yet over hear they (try) to selling GV weanlings for $10K! (so $2,800 would therefore, be a fair price, I guess, compared to the inflated nonsense the GV breeders promote! LOL)

wish people would stop posting scams for awesome horses.... :/

but then, it would also be nice if people accurately described their horses. I can't count the number of times people have lied about a horse to get me out to see it, even if I said i was looking for a beginner safe horse to use in childrens' beginner lessons...only to find a psycho crazy horse that bolts the second you put your foot in the stirrup, won't let itself be caught, etc etc...