The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Another Green Pony Question....

So we have now been to our first A show ever and it went very well. Whew! Our next show is coming up and we are wondering if it is possible to enter in the Large Green Pony Divsion and any of the Pony Medal classes or Pony Derby/Classic classes? I know there is a height difference but if the Medal class or Derby is run as a separate class (not in accordance or on an open card with the regular division) can we enter without also being entered in the regular division?

should be able to do so for the medals, even if it's run as an open card, you just do the medal. For the classics, you'd need to call the show secretary probably because I have seen the first round of the classic being done as one of the regular pony hunter classes.

1 members found this post helpful.

You can enter you green pony in both the regular and green divisions at thier respective heights. You can only enter the large pony medal (which will probably be merged S-M-L pony medal) and the large classic. Clearly that is a ton of jumping classes if it a one day show so you would probably not do all those classes unless the show went over two days

"Derby is run as a separate class (not in accordance or on an open card with the regular division) can we enter without also being entered in the regular division?"

Not sure about a derby being entered as a free standing class but in my experience you need to enter the division to do the classic

Thank you! I guess that is why I am asking. I would love for them to be able to compete in the medals or a classic but I do not want to add the whole regular division for them to do that. Not only for the number of jumping rounds it would add but for the cost it would add as well. The Medals and Classics may just have to wait until the next show season when she will be competing in the Regular Division.

you can definitely do the medal... it's just whether or not the classic is tied to a regular class as it's first round. Only the secretary can tell you that

I know this is probably a dumb question........So if she is entered in the medal round (which is running on an open card during the regular division) do you just ask the in gate person to add her into the rotation to just ride the one round?

they will add her into the rotation and just announce that she's doing the medal round. that's all

Thank you very much!