The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Lumosity

Anyone else a member? I just joined about a month ago. I figured I'd give it a year, and see if it did improve my brain power, like it claims.

I'm getting the usual age-related memory problems. Since there is senile dementia in my family, I figured I wanted to do everything I can to stave that off. Going in, I thought that my weakest point would be memory. Turns out that and problem-solving are my strongest areas, not that there isn't room for improvement. My weakest area, by far, is speed. That shouldn't be a surprise to me because I'm always said that I can think of things to say, just two hours after I needed to say it. I'm a deliberative kind of gal.

So, in that first month, my scores have gone up, which is the way it is supposed to happen. Time will tell if it makes any difference. But, misery loves company so I was wondering if there were any others out there struggling with the games each day.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Not a member, but your post motivated me to go look!

I have been meaning to check it out; so I just joined to see what it was like. Hey, I waste enough time on the web every day...maybe this will be useful as well as fun. We'll see! I just played the first games but have no idea if I did well or not. Seemed easy...but it is only the first try!

Louise is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

S1969, if you check at the top you will see a spot called "My Brian Profile" which will tell you how you are doing. The training history portion eventually will turn into a graph showing progress. There's also a spot there called "How You Compare" at the side of that profile. That will show you what percentage you are in, compared to everyone else on the site.

I don't know if it's going to help or not, but I'll do what I can to keep my brain sharp. And, some of the games are fun. Some of them drive me nuts.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

I did the free trial - your post makes me think I'll go back and check it out again. Similar situation - Alz/dementia in my family, too. Scary crap. And for me, 5 concussions - and I do notice repercussions from the last one.

Carol
    www.ayliprod.com
    Equine Photography in the Northeast

I'm doing the free membership...not willing to cough up money for it but the games are fun.

I do it. Have for about 6 months now. Free membership here too.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."