The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Lumineers?

Anybody ever get Lumineers?

Likes/Dislikes?

Expense compared to braces?

Thanks for input!
    I LOVE my Chickens!

When I clicked on this, I thought you were talking about the band (http://thelumineers.com/). I was briefly confused.

4 members found this post helpful.

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Gosh, same here! All I could think is, I love that band...and then, darn it, it was a discussion of teeth. Boo!
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

I was all excited . . . another indie rock fan!

But no.

The band is great though. No idea about the dentistry.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ridge View Post
    When I clicked on this, I thought you were talking about the band (http://thelumineers.com/). I was briefly confused.
    Me too.

Count me in as another who was all excited to talk music!
    Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

I don't know what braces cost...but my sister did look into Lumineers last year? Maybe the year before...can't remember off hand.

They're expensive. They run between $700-$1500 per tooth. She was told they cause less tooth damage than other veneers, but also have a higher chance of breaking or coming loose so to expect some extra costs over time to a few if needed. And that the average application for a full set is 12-14 teeth done depending on mouth shape and how wide your smile is. Or people can have only whatever "bad" teeth they have covered since they come in some shades and can be matched to your other teeth.

My sister checked into them because she heard they were less expensive veneers, so I'm assuming "traditional" veneers must be pricey as heck! She didn't get them.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I don't know what braces cost...but my sister did look into Lumineers last year? Maybe the year before...can't remember off hand.

They're expensive. They run between $700-$1500 per tooth. She was told they cause less tooth damage than other veneers, but also have a higher chance of breaking or coming loose so to expect some extra costs over time to a few if needed. And that the average application for a full set is 12-14 teeth done depending on mouth shape and how wide your smile is. Or people can have only whatever "bad" teeth they have covered since they come in some shades and can be matched to your other teeth.

My sister checked into them because she heard they were less expensive veneers, so I'm assuming "traditional" veneers must be pricey as heck! She didn't get them.
    Oh thank you for your input. My teeth aren't horribly crooked at all, just a little misaligned and I thought braces would be too painful and traditional veneers too extreme (grinding down teeth, yikes!). Hmm, more research is needed. Thanks!
    I LOVE my Chickens!

Count me in on the musical assumption! Great band!!
    Nine out of ten times, you'll get it wrong...but it's that tenth time that you get it right that makes all the difference.

I belong with you, you belong with me, my sweeeeeetheeeeeeeeart....
    Proud member of the COTH Junior (and Junior-at-Heart!) clique!

2 members found this post helpful.

Love the Lumineers; sorry we aren't talking music.
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com

I recommend Invisalign. I actually had traditional braces for about 5-6 months to fix a cross bite (where the braces were on the inside of my teeth). Then Invisalign for 18-22 months. If your teeth aren't super crooked, it will probably take less time. Invisalign are great because they're practically invisible and you just remove them to eat.

All braces do hurt when they're tightened or you move to your next Invisalign. But for me it was well worth it.

I probably spent $5-7,000, but again that was for ~2.5 years of work. And I had a pretty bad cross bite (not cosmetic) and an overbite/crookedness in front (cosmetic!).

Invisalign can't fix very crooked teeth (as in a tooth rotated at about 45 degrees, I believe). But I really didn't want to do business meetings with braces on, so they worked well for me!! And less painful than metal braces!

Of course, it wouldn't hurt to talk to an orthodontist about the options. Maybe do a free consultation with a couple?

I'm very happy I got my teeth fixed up!!

Good luck.
    Born under a rock and owned by beasts!

ako--thanks a bunch. Yeah, I definitely do need to speak with a dentist about what I'm seeking. I'm not so worried about the alignment, more the shape of the teeth, very pointy, sharp vampire- like teeth LOL!! Something I also worried about with braces is getting headaches with it, the weirdest things trigger my headaches. Thanks for your input.
    I LOVE my Chickens!

Mmm. I get frequent headaches and migraines. A new (meaning, tighter) Invisaligner would give me a headache. But not like a migraine and I don't think it lasted as long. I don't recall that bothering me nearly as much as feeling as if my teeth were loose in my mouth while they adjusted (gross)!!
    Born under a rock and owned by beasts!

Have them, love them, will PM you....