The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks, that means so much. My goal for this show was to make my dad proud by the way I told our story and to say the things he wanted to, but can't.

1 members found this post helpful.

I saw it. Good job and stay strong! I'm sure he would be proud.
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

Wait, that was you!?

I watched, because I happened to turn on the tv, and I like Dateline, and the entire time I kept thinking how eloquent the young lady was. And how mature she was. And how well she spoke.

I'm in shock!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by spacytracy View Post
    Wait, that was you!?

I watched, because I happened to turn on the tv, and I like Dateline, and the entire time I kept thinking how eloquent the young lady was. And how mature she was. And how well she spoke.

I'm in shock!

Yep, that was me! Still shocked that they cleaned me up that well. No lingering hay or horse poo anywhere!!!

darn I forgot and I am not sure I will be able to watch it on line due to geographical restrictions. I have to figure out which network carries Dateline in Canada if one does.

Looks like CTV might? Not sure.

I didn't get to see it, and just watched the links. I'm confused. The pastor killed his two wives. How does your dad figure into it?
    Were your mom and dad divorced, and your mom married that pastor/killer? And then your dad committed suicide?

Quote Originally Posted by TheHunterKid90 View Post
    Looks like CTV might? Not sure.
    They list Dateline, but I can't find past episodes.

My Dear, you are an exceptionally strong young woman. I hope that you realize that after surviving this, there is nothing in life that you cannot handle.

3 members found this post helpful.

You did such a great job of portraying your love for both you father and your mother. And you did not show any bitterness or anger.

I think Lester Holt did a great job of letting you tell your story.
    I hope your brother has been able to cope with all of this tragic story as well as you have been able to.

Now the wait for the appeal, and the trial for wife #1's death. I just wish that the white killers were sent to the big maximum security prisons. They are always sent to the nice prison camps. Old A.B. need to do some hard time, not be a trustee at a prison camp.

I am proud to say I know HunterKid IRL and that I knew her dad too. I knew her when she was quite young, before she endured all that pain. Her dad was a wonderful, amazing person and a great dad. His influence on her character is quite evident. HK - I remember the "party pony."
    "Horsemanship is not merely a matter of bodily skills, but is based on scholarship and, therefore, is a matter of the mind and intellect." Charles de Kunffy

http://www.equiimages.com

I'm watching right now on the DVR and am stunned at your strength. You are an amazing young woman and I'm sure your father would be very proud of you!

On a side note, I loved that photo of you as a small child with the little pony!

It really was remarkable how poised you were. I think I'd be a blubbering, stuttering mess on camera.

And as an aside, you are just beautiful! On the outside, and the inside radiates through you!

I've come across and had the pleasure of meeting just a few people who have that really true inner radiance, they're just good souls who project positivity. You are certainly one of them!

So impressive. It would be hard to discern what has happened in people's lives as you provide by example. And beautiful to boot.

Hope your poise takes you far, that these trials are the beginning of putting this behind you, and that you have loads of joy from here on in.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

HOLY MOLY, that was YOU?!!

I watched it last night and thought what a poised young woman she (you) is.

Oh, good on you. What a tough row to hoe. Some of us just get more challenges in life than others. After watching you last night, I am confident that you have the strength, brains and creativity to go on and have a happy life.

Hugs to you for managing to get through all of this tragedy.